• Published 27th Apr 2018
  • 1,508 Views, 21 Comments

Frozen - B_25

  • ...
7
 21
 1,508

9 – Oath

~ 9 ~

Oath

"...that’s when I left Fluttershy the letter.” Spike stood on the red carpet leading to the throne, where Cadence listened with an expression of indifference. Shining stood to her right and a scribe to her left, writing into a parchment with a feather tip. Guards flanked down both side of the carpet, suited in armor with their weapons rested, all standing impassively.

“I couldn’t stay at home and do nothing,” Spike continued. “Princess Celestia and Princess Luna were doing the best they could, and the helped whenever they could, but I wasn’t doing anything.” He sighed. “So, I decided to set out and find the Great Cave.”

The guards shifted in their armor.

“The Great Cave?!” Shining stepped up to the throne. “You created all this drama because of an old fairy tale? Spike, something like that doesn’t exist!”

“The Great Cave is real!” Spike took a step forward. “Twilight even said so! When she read the story to me as a kid, she always said that it was real and that I would be the one to find it!”

“Because you were a kid!” Shining slammed his hoof into the ground. “And Twiliy isn’t here!”

Shining.” Cadence stared her husband down. “This is my investigation, not yours.”

Shining drew a sharp breath as he took a step back. “As you wish.”

“Before we continue any further,” Cadence began as she turned back to the drake, “would you like to take your rucksack off? You haven’t had a chance to part with it since entering the throne room.”

“If it’s okay with you, I would rather keep it on.”

“You are allowed to wear it then.” Shining narrowed his eyes at his wife’s words. “After you departed from the residence of Fluttershy, you were at once reported to the Royal Sisters and a lookout had been issued for you once.” She shifted on her throne. “How did you evade detection all the way to the Frozen North?”

“Mostly by staying out of towns and avoiding coming into contact with most ponies,” Spike said. “I kept to trails and camped in caves whenever I could. I packed a few gems with me, and that was enough to last me until I got here.”

“And here is when you came into contact with Shining Armour?”

Spike nodded.

Cadence sat in silence for a moment. “I think the court has enough information to consider all events covered.” She looked about the throne room, and once she had made eye-contact with everyone, returned to look at Spike. “Spike the Dragon, from this moment on, I declare myself responsible for you for the time being.” She rose from her throne. “A letter detailing what was discussed here will be sent to the Royal Sisters in the morning. Future actions will be decided by Princess Celestia herself.”

Spike lowered his head. “So I won’t be allowed to continue my journey to the Great Cave?”

Cadence proceeded down her throne steps. She wore a soft smile. “I’m afraid not.” She reached the throne floor and came before the drake. “With court over, I will be the one to show you to your private quarters.” She gazed at everyone in the room. “You’re all dismissed and are to return to your duties at once.”

The guards stomped their hooves, saluted, then proceeded to leave in a single file line.

“Come,” Cadence said to the drake, stepping in front of him. “Let’s get you set up.”

Spike nodded his head and followed her across the throne room. The entire time, he could feel Shining’s gaze upon him, and a glance up at the throne was enough to confirm his suspicion as the stallion stared him down. Soon enough, Cadence and he came to a pair of doors to the right of the throne room—a pair of guards opening them for the duo.

Spike and Cadence carried down the smaller hall. Once the door closed behind them, the princess exhaled heavily. “I’m glad that’s over.” She cracked her neck left and right, then gazed down at the drake. “You think you would get used to court would get easier after a few sessions, but I still feel as tense after every one!”

Spike kept silent.

“You’re not talking?”

Spike sighed. “Sorry.”

“No, no. You don’t have to talk if you don’t want to.” Cadence looked forward and the two carried on in silence. The silence lasted for approximately a few seconds before the princess broke it, saying: “I’m sorry about how Shining acted in there.”

“You don’t have to be.” Spike lowered his head. “I can understand why he’s mad at me.”

Cadence opened her mouth to say something, but the words she wanted to speak failed her. So instead, she decided to talk about something else. “You know, that oath I made in there was pretty redundant.”

Spike looked up at her.

“Remember when I used to fillysit for you and Twilight?” She smiled. “I had already made an oath to Velvet to watch over and protect the two of you. All I’ve done in there is repeat myself!”

Spike tried to smile. He failed.

“Of course—” she lowered her head “—I haven’t made too good on that oath.”

The two stopped before a door near the end of the hall. Cadence looked at the drake and was surprised to find him smiling.

“Don’t worry, princess,” he said, “neither have I.”

Comments ( 7 )

What!? What!? What Happen!? Why did it get canceled? I am so confused and scared!!!

8905754
The plot thickens

Noooooooo!:fluttershbad:

Why is it canceled

8906023
the "plot" gets cancelled
rip

Login or register to comment