• Published 27th Apr 2018
  • 1,504 Views, 21 Comments

Frozen - B_25

  • ...
7
 21
 1,504

6 – Lost

~ 6 ~

Lost

The journey toward the Crystal Empire had begun with hope, the glow of the trailing green flame leading Spike and Shining through the storm, but the further they traveled with only more snow to tread across, that hope soon gave way to despair.

“... you sent it to the right address, right?”

“Of course I did!” Spike huffed. Every step forward, the snow rose to his thigh. “Or, at least, the cloth will go wherever Cadence is.” He gulped. “You haven’t, uh, been out long enough for her to have to come and find you, right?”

Shining hesitated. “No.” A moment passed. “But Cadence has been known to get involved before there’s been a warrant for her to act.” His body shivered, and it wasn’t from the cold. “But she wouldn’t leave the Crystal Empire undefended. Especially not now.”

Spike shivered as well. “Guess we stick with the trail then.” He looked about. “Not like we have much choice otherwise.” Another step forward, another sinkage into the snow. The level reached up to his abdomen, the bottom of his rucksack dipping into it. “Or we can just tip over and fall into the snow. Brought my blanket and everything.”

“Enough to share?”

“... guess we’ll keep walking then.”


Shining sighed and came up to his side. “Here, hop on my back.”

“No thanks.” Spike pointed to his legs. “These work just fine, thank you very much.”

“What’s the matter with you?” Shining asked. “I save your life and suddenly you’re not accepting favors?” He shook his head as anger crept along his muzzle. “Look here, from this moment on, I’m the one that’s responsible for having you delivered safely to the Crystal Empire. There, you can answer to the princesses yourself.”

Spike looked away.

“Walk on your own legs then.” Shining returned to looking forward. “Just as long as they—” Shining stopped as the tip of his horn pulsated a deep purple color, each frequency extending further and brighter than the last.

Spike also stopped with a groan. His body became heavy and his energy levels became low, the weight of his rucksack almost impossible to carry as it seemingly pushed away from something ahead.

“We’re here.”

“H-Here?” A sudden jolt ran through Spike’s body as he was forced to clench his eyes, only managing to crack one open. “I don’t see anything but snow and—” His words stopped when he saw his flame pass disappear in thin air.

Shining took a few steps forward, lowering his head but keeping his horn raised. Then, ever slowly, he pushed its tip forward, and just like that, a massive, translucent dome made itself apparent against the winter storm.

“Woah.” Spike’s jaw as he stepped forward, keeping a few inches from the surface of the dome. “So this was how you hid and protected the Crystal Empire.”

Shining didn’t reply. Magic shot from his horn around the shape of its user, dispelling the surface of the dome and allowing the stallion to walk through.

Spike paused before the same area.

“Are you coming or what?”

Spike gulped.

He then walked through the dome, it sealing behind him.

The Crystal Empire greeted him.