• Published 24th Oct 2017
  • 857 Views, 12 Comments

Applejack Falls for a Pear - Creativa-Artly01



Even though she now likes Pears, she never thought she herself would fall for one.

  • ...
2
 12
 857

Chapter 17

A week later, Applejack and little Apple Tartlett come home from the hospital to the open arms of Granny, Babs, Apple Bloom, Big Mack and to her surprise, Braeburn is in town too. “Oh, Howdy Braeburn,” says AJ with a smile. “I didn’t know you were in town.”

“Well, it was kinda a last minute trip,” responds Braeburn. “I was called by one of our other cousins, Apple Zinger to help her move into her new house in Ponyville.”

“Oh yeah, I forgot that was recently, her move that is,” says AJ with a giggle as she rubs her neck with her hoof. “Would you like to meet little Apple Tartlett?”

“Sure,” says Braeburn. He comes over to where AJ is seated on the couch and she lets him hold the filly. “She’s beautiful, AJ. She looks so much like you and Bartlett.”

AJ blushes. “Yeah, she’s perfect. I’m so glad to be a mother.” Braeburn stays and catches up with his family for a little while before returning to his cousin Apple Zinger’s house. There, he helps her continue to unpack boxes.

“So, how was the trip to AJ’s? Did you meet little Apple Tartlett?” Inquires Apple Zinger.

“It was good and yes, I got to meet little Apple Tartlett,” responds Braeburn with a smile. “That filly is the perfect mix and blend of both her parents. She really and truly is.”

“Well, I’m heading over there later this week, I’m excited. I can’t wait. It feels like it’s been awhile since we had any new foals born into the family.”

“Well, it has been awhile, hasn’t it?” Braeburn finally admits. He’d never thought about it before. He gets back to helping Zinger unpack. By the end of the day, they’re done and head to Sweet Apple Acres to join the rest of their family for dinner. After they eat, everyone takes turns holding little Apple Tartlett and ogling over the filly. Everything is perfect. AJ is not overwhelmed at all, she’s just glad to have all her family around even though she is super tired.

Comments ( 1 )

8713449
http://labgenvet.ca/en/horse-genetics-4-0-evolution-breeds-breeding-strategies-and-inbreeding/

Also inbreeding is more common in horses (especially amongst horse athletes/racehorses). There is precedence.

Login or register to comment