• Published 24th Oct 2017
  • 857 Views, 12 Comments

Applejack Falls for a Pear - Creativa-Artly01



Even though she now likes Pears, she never thought she herself would fall for one.

  • ...
2
 12
 857

Chapter 7

The next day, Bartlett comes over to the Apple Family farm for breakfast. Once she sees him approaching, Applejack opens the door and awaits his arrival and a few minutes later, he strolls right in. "Good morning, sweetheart," says Applejack to him as she gives him a kiss on the cheek and then sits him down and puts some Apple Praline pancakes with pear jam and apple syrup in front of him, which he begins to down happily.

A few minutes later, Apple Bloom enters the kitchen followed by Big Mack. "Hey sis," says Apple Bloom, "hey Bartlett."

"Hey sugar cube," replies Applejack as she watches her little sister take her seat. Applejack then walks over and puts a plate of pancakes in front of her and then another plate of pancakes in front of Big Mack. She then makes a plate for herself and sits down with them and they all enjoy breakfast together.

"So, what are you up to today?" says Bartlett with a smile towards Apple Bloom.

"I'm going to the fair with Sweetie Belle, her boyfriend, Button Mash, and Scootaloo," replies Apple Bloom.

"And you?" Bartlett inquires as he looks towards Big Mack. Big Mack just sits there and stares at the Pear boy for a minute before answering.

"There's a hay bale kicking contest today and I'm a part of it," replies Big Mack, "you should come with."

"Okay, I think I will," replies Bartlett with a smug grin appearing on his face. A few minutes later, Apple Bloom goes outside and meets up with her friends and they head for the fair and Big Mack and Bartlett head off to the train station and off to Appleloosa for the hay bale kicking competition. Applejack just hopes her brother doesn't get her boyfriend in a headlock by the end of the day. After all, he is still the overprotective big brother when it comes to keeping her and Apple Bloom safe.

A few hours later, the boys arrive in Appleloosa and meet up in the center arena in town and get their numbers before heading to their assigned stack of hay bales. "Good luck," says Big Mack to Bartlett with a grin on his face.

"To you too," replies Bartlett with a grin on his own face.

"And ready! set! Buck them bales!" hollers Braeburn. The two along with the other competitors then begin kicking them one after the next.

Back at the farm, Applejack does some baking after spending some time at her mother and father's tree telling them all about her recent dates with Bartlett. After hours of baking, Applejack goes off to the fair and enjoys the day there by herself for most of the time before running into Rara and her boyfriend Spotlight. After that, the three enjoy the fair together until the fair closes and Applejack has to walk her sister and sister's friends home for the night. Applejack is glad she got to see Rara and tell Rara about her new boyfriend, Bartlett, which shocked Rara as much as it shocked herself at first. Rara would never have expected AJ to date a Pear and a few weeks ago, Applejack never would've expected she'd end up with a Pear herself. Then again, Pears are her blood as much as Apples and Oranges are.