• Published 24th Oct 2017
  • 857 Views, 12 Comments

Applejack Falls for a Pear - Creativa-Artly01



Even though she now likes Pears, she never thought she herself would fall for one.

  • ...
2
 12
 857

Chapter 8

Around noon the next day, Bartlett and Big Mack return home from the hay bale kicking competition in Appleloosa. "How'd it go boys?" asks Applejack as they walk through the door.

"It went well," they reply.

"I got first place," replies Big Mack, "for the fifth year in a row."

"Congratulations and I'm glad it went well for both of you," replies Applejack with a smile. "Now can I talk to Bartlett in private?" Big Mack nods and leaves the room.

"So," says Applejack to Bartlett, "the Grand Galloping Gala is coming up and I was wondering if you'd be my date, my plus one for the event?"

"Oh, I'd love too," replies Bartlett as he sweeps her into his arms and gives her a great big kiss on the lips. Applejack just blushes. A few minutes later, he puts her back down. "I can't wait to go with you."

"Awe, thanks, you're so sweet," replies Applejack as she kisses him back. Bartlett then goes and pours them both a hot cup of cinnamon cider. The two then sit down and begin to talk about the Gala in more detail. Tomorrow, Applejack will head to Rarity's to get her gala dress made and a suit made for him. She can't wait!

The next day, Applejack and Bartlett go to Rarity's. "Hey dolls," she says as they walk through the door. "Dress and suit, right?"

"Yup," replies Applejack.

"Okay, what do you want in your gala wears?" asks Rarity with a smile.

"Nothing too fussy, simple gold and apple details," replies Applejack.

"And I want something simple, a black tux with gold and pear accents," replies Bartlett, "no coattails though. I tend to trip over them."

"Sure thing," replies Rarity with a smile. A few minutes later, Fluttershy, Rainbow, Pinkie, and Twilight enter and give Rarity their orders as well." They, Applejack, and Bartlett then go into the lounge area and relax and talk while Rarity works. They learned from last time not to stress her out as she works. A few hours later, the band then goes off to lunch while Rarity stays at her shop and works. Six weeks later, the dresses and suit are done and just in time for the Gala as it is two weeks away. She even had time to finish up her own outfit for the Gala. She's excited. They're all excited. After all, aside from the Friendship Festival, the Gala is the biggest event in all Equestria.