• Published 24th Oct 2017
  • 848 Views, 12 Comments

Applejack Falls for a Pear - Creativa-Artly01



Even though she now likes Pears, she never thought she herself would fall for one.

  • ...
2
 12
 848

Chapter 1

It was a bright sunny day outside when Applejack stumbled across him in the market. The birds were singing as they flew around and pulled the two close together. The stallion's name was Bartlett and he was a relative of Applejack's on her mother's side. He was her third cousin twice removed or something of that nature. All she knew, though, was that she loved him.

"Howdy," said Applejack with a blush to the stallion in front of her.

"Howdy yourself," replied Bartlett back with a small grin appearing on his face. "So, you're Buttercup's little girl." He says casually. "Ya know, if you come with me, I can tell you a little bit more of how she and your father actually died."

"I'd love that," replies Applejack as she follows him down into the depths of a newly formed pear orchard. Once in the orchard, the two sit down and Bartlett begins to tell her everything.

"You see," says Bartlett. "We weren't much older than you when we first learned about Pear Butter's passing. Your mother was an amazing pony, she loved everyone and made friends with everyone she met. When we learned that her life had been taken in a violent earthquake while trying to get you and your siblings to safety, we didn't know what to think at first. Then we realized, if she and Bright Mack hadn't sacrificed themselves, you and your siblings wouldn't be here today. A few days later, we all went to their burial grounds, where the big Apple Pear tree is now and paid our respects. Pear Butter was family after all. Grandpear didn't show up to the funeral. He still felt betrayed. The rest of us were there, though. It was a lovely funeral."

"Wow!" replies Applejack. "How come Granny never told us this part of the story?" She scratches her forehead in confusion.

"Probably of all the bad memories she had from the experience, after all, the earthquake took her son's life too, not just Pear Butter's," replies Bartlett. The two then leave the orchard and head towards town where they continue to talk for hours on end and even share a kiss or two. By the end of the day, the two are a couple and Apple Bloom especially can't believe it.