• Published 24th Oct 2017
  • 857 Views, 12 Comments

Applejack Falls for a Pear - Creativa-Artly01



Even though she now likes Pears, she never thought she herself would fall for one.

  • ...
2
 12
 857

Chapter 15

Over the next five months, Applejack busily works on building stuff by hoof for the nursery with some help from Bartlett. She carves a crib with an apple and a pear in the top, a nice simple rocking chair, among other things. She couldn't be more excited.

A few days earlier at lunch with her friends, she told them all the good news. "Girls," she said with a smile, "Bartlett and I are expecting our first."

"That's so exciting!" squeals Pinkie. "And don't worry, we'll plan you the perfect foal shower."

"Thanks," responds AJ with a smile. "That means a lot." She blushes a bit.

Later that week, it's finally the day of the baby shower. Only two days earlier did she and Bartlett find out the gender: a filly. As AJ approaches, her friends hurriedly finish stacking the gifts just in time for her to open the door. They all smile as they greet their friend.

"Hey AJ," say the girls with a smile. "What do you think?"

"I...I love it," responds AJ with a blush and a smile. They then get her seated and they begin to snack and chat. Eventually, she's asked the big question.

"Filly or colt, darling?" asks Rarity curiously.

"Filly, we found out a few days ago," responds AJ.

"That's marvelous," responds Rarity. "Congratulations!"

"Congratulations!" everypony else chime in. They then begin to let AJ open the presents.

From Twilight, she receives a foal's book titled La Luna. It's a dumbed down version of the story of Nightmare Moon for foals.

"Classic Twilight," says AJ with a smile. "Books are a perfect gift for anything."

From Pinkie, she receives a box of miscellaneous gifts. "Just some things the Cakes wanted to get rid of, hope you like them."

"I love them," AJ responds with a smile.

From Rarity, she receives a hand stitched baby's blanket with apples and pears on it.

"This is lovely, Rares, thanks," responds AJ once more with a smile.

"Don't mention it, darling," responds Rarity.

From Rainbow Dash, she receives a mobile and from Fluttershy, a music box that plays birdsong.

"These are great, guys, thanks RD, thanks Fluttershy," says AJ with a grin.

"No problem," responds Rainbow.

"You're welcome," says Fluttershy.

Once gifts are finished, the friends continue to talk for hours until Bartlett comes and picks Applejack up for a nice dinner date. Everything is going perfect for her and AJ couldn't want it any other way.

After dinner that night comes to an end, AJ takes Bartlett to her parents tree and they sit there and watch the sunset together as well as the shooting stars as they fly by. "I've always been told by Granny that those shooting stars are how Maw and Paw watch over me and my siblings from above," AJ says as she cracks a smile. "And honestly, I think she's right. I think it's true that they still watch over us from up there, somewhere."

"And your Granny is right, they are up there watching over you, sweetheart," responds Bartlett as he takes her hoof in his with a smile on his face and a shine in his eye. The two then share a kiss. "They're watching after you and your siblings and I'm sure they're very proud of you, too."

"Awe, thanks," responds AJ with a blush. They then continue to sit there for hours until it's almost dark before returning to the farmhouse at Sweet Apple Acres. After all, when the time comes, AJ wants her foal to be born on the same farm she and her siblings were all those years ago.