• Published 20th Jul 2017
  • 2,119 Views, 36 Comments

The Handmaid - GMBlackjack



Aradia Megido is a Maid of Time. She is drifting across the cosmos, looking for fascinating and beautiful endings and beginnings. Something calls her across existence to Equestria, into yet another mess of time travel loops and alternate timelines.

  • ...
1
 36
 2,119

Update: Songs?

This is not a chapter. Not surprising, since this story is already complete. This is just letting everybody who has this in their shelves know that the larger story this was a prelude to is finally on Fimfiction!

May I present Songs of the Spheres.

I hope you enjoy! See if you can spot Aradia!

-GM, master of red.

Comments ( 6 )

Color me fascinated. I am rather proud of figuring out the double Möbius shenanigans before Aradia did. Definitely going to check out the sequel. Thanks for one of the best Homestuck crossovers on the site.

8604041

Ah, you managed to figure it out ahead of time? Well then, you get an internet achievement award! ...it's just a fake cookie.

Hope you'll enjoy SotS. Fair warning, Aradia's only mentioned in passing so far, but she'll be more important later.

-GM, master of Tower.

Welp, this was enjoyable.
Normally, I'd be unhappy with the pacing, but because of time-travel, it is understandable.
Regardless, I think this could have been stretched out more, as is common with most of your stories. A good idea, decent execution, but quick and to the point. Little down time, and with barely enough time to get one's bearings before being launched into another story.
To be completely honest, this more applies to the Song, but I started writing it here and can't be bothered to move it.

For a final comment, I loved the little tidbits at the end of each chapter, at first they were just kinda... there, but with the last one it became much more... touching, I guess would be the word.
Thanks for the read! I'm probably going to go back to reading Song, so sorry! You're not getting rid of me yet. :P

Ah! Time-travel shenanigans!.. Exactly what I've been looking for!.. And we've got more, than that!

Please! More!..

(Oops!.. That's so adolescent of me...)

Here you go. A time-travel bookshelf! Amazing time-travel!

Wibbley. Wobbley. Timey. Wimey.
Man, I haven't seen this much Aradia at once since that one chapter featuring mostly her and her major character development in SotS. This was an interesting one. The start was kinda whimsical with Aradia's cheerful yet morbid personality and just wanting to explore. Then there was all the timey-wimey stuff which, though neat, was a bit of a headache to keep up with. Ah, such is the way of multiple timelines and paradoxes...But the lead up and play though of her fulfilling a purpose and protecting Equestria throughout time was very satisfying. Now I know how she was seemingly already known in SotS. The bits at the end of each chapter were also a nice touch.:twilightsmile:

Also Aradia and Aradia popping past a confused O'Neill gave me a good chuckle.

Login or register to comment