• Published 25th Jul 2012
  • 3,850 Views, 83 Comments

New World, Old Fight - SGTBRONY



A Navy SEAL survives the unthinkable, how will he cope with the fallout?

  • ...
4
 83
 3,850

Epilogue

0745 the 8 devices inside MIT went off in a massive thunderclap, smoke and fire billowed a hundred feet into the air, the building was, thankfully unoccupied. Ten minutes later, the first responders arrived. Nobody noticed two black panel vans pull away from the curb a block up the street and drive off into the early morning air in the commotion.

Katherine Dunn became scientific advisor to the Princesses and enjoyed rattling the Canterlot Elite to no end…After a number of years; she fell in love with another brilliant mind like herself, A young stallion named Time Turner. They married soon thereafter, providing expert advice, witty repartee, and loyal service in the Royal Court for the rest of their lives.

Angela Dunn was granted a home in Ponyville and took up teaching alongside a certain schoolmare. Jovially fielding questions from curious foals, slow to anger, and always quick with a smile. At the time of her passing, she was known as one of the most beloved teachers in Ponyville history.

Michael and Twilight were married in a large ceremony held in Canterlot and presided over by Princess Celestia herself. They lived a long and amazing life together, facing many trials, from Discord and the Changeling Invasion to the return of the Crystal Empire. They faced it all with a love and devotion forged in the fire of ever-changing times. All of Equestria mourned Their passing.

The pair were laid to rest in the mountainous region outside of Canterlot as per their wishes. If you ever find yourself in Canterlot, my friend, take the north trail out of the city and follow the stars. You will find the tombs of Michael Dunn, Petty Officer NSWC USN, and Twilight Sparkle, Bearer of the Element of Magic, Archmage of Equestria. Inscribed with these words:

I loved you, so I drew these tides of men into my hands
and wrote my will across the sky in stars
that your eyes might be shining for me
When I came.

Author's Note:

Welp, this is it. The end of this almost year long odyssey, I'm sad to see it go. But fear not dear readers! I've been bitten by the fic bug, and my next story is already in the works. I plan to have it be a lot broader, an epic if you will. I also wanted to thank everyone for their positive feedback, it really helped me shape Michael and Twilight's story.

Till next time
SGTBRONY

P.S I figured out a song for the last two chapters
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GC0mKxtS7mA

Comments ( 16 )

dem feels!!!

2310728 I agree, to be totally honest? I was going for something simple first time around. I have another story on the rolls that will be far more plausible. Pinkie Pie promise buddy :pinkiehappy: I appreciate the feedback all the same, gotta welcome constructive criticism or you may as well back away from the keyboard slowly. Thank you for recognizing the effort I put in trying to make this story feel "Real". I work security and have been to some Anti-terrorism and Counter-terrorism Courses, as a result I've picked up little tidbits here and there.

For instance have you heard the song "Paper Planes" by M.I.A? Go watch the music video, and keep this in mind, Her father is huge with the Tamil Tigers, a terrorist group in Sri Lanka. Their symbols are Tiger Stripes and Jolly Roger (think Pirate Flag), I invite you to draw your own conclusions.

2310855 Well, if this is what you came up with for a first story, you're gonna go far. Do you have an editor? My services are available.

2310855 you did a good job on this and I hope to see what other stories you have in the works. Good luck on your adventure as an author and I will continue to follow you BROHOOF!! /):twilightsmile:

So many feels so many songs I need to listen to! This is...Amazing to say the least.

2312273 I actually do have an editor, I appreciate the offer all the same. I assume I can get in touch with you if they become unavailable?

Right in those goddamn feels.

2452536 at which point in the story?

Comment posted by SGTBRONY deleted Feb 1st, 2014

3878097 I wrote in that Celestia had prior contact with humans, and therefore had access to (albeit limited) knowledge of our weapons and had them locked away, I wanted people to infer that rather than writing out a sequence detailing locking the guns in a closet lol, sorry for the confusion. As for the second question: yes he is/was wearing IBA and a helmet.

3878116 Regarding Canterlot, I went with poetic license and imagined a plateau with forest surrounding it. In the mountains? Yes, on the side of a mountain per say? Not exactly.

:applecry: .......WAAAAAAAAAAAAA
ITS SO GOOD YET SO SADDENING

5796131 what was this a reply to I can't even find my original comment haha

6108519 You know what buddy? Comments like this make my day, thank you for taking the time to make me feel good about my writing abilities. I'm also glad you're into the story :)

Login or register to comment