• Published 25th Jul 2012
  • 3,843 Views, 83 Comments

New World, Old Fight - SGTBRONY



A Navy SEAL survives the unthinkable, how will he cope with the fallout?

  • ...
4
 83
 3,843

Chapter 15

Blood Loss.. And other fun activities


Kat.. I’m coming.



I was tearing ass down the side stairwell, the OGA team in hot pursuit. Rounds were snapping and whining off railings and the concrete walls as I looped past the 2nd floor, hurtling the body of a dead FPS Officer, blood leaking from my chest and arm. I turned, firing a burst up the stairs and was rewarded with a cry of pain.

Not stopping to assess the damage, I barreled through the same side door Todd and I had used to gain entry…and ran directly into the man himself. The OGA team came crashing out of the door behind me, one of them nursing a bleeding arm. They fanned out and quickly stripped my weapons.

Todd smiled menacingly, his 1911 aimed directly at my face “Hey buddy, I guess Tollevin didn’t give you too much trouble.”

“Fuck you, you sold me out!”

Todd chuckled, shaking his head, “Can you blame me? They wanted to know what all that talking in your sleep was about, offered me a plum assignment and a fat-ass bonus to string you along, while the bugs confirmed what they suspected. Get on your knees.”

“Kiss my fucking ass” A moment later a hammer blow to the back of my head left my vision swimming, I fell to my knees clutching the bloody lump where the OGA operator had whacked me. Todd approached and jammed the barrel of the .45 against my forehead.

“Later Mike”

“Fuck you”

SNAP!, the light snap of a suppressed sniper rifle was accompanied by a sickening crack as Todd’s head exploded in a spray of red mist, skull frag and brain matter.

SNAP! The guy near the door goes down, a ragged hole in his throat, trying to scream through the blood filling his windpipe

SNAP! The one behind me drops without a sound

The last OGA operator tried to dive for cover behind a parked car….SNAP!

I was afraid to move or even breathe loudly, I watched as 3 black cloaked wraiths appeared, moving across the parking lot in perfect unison, covering every angle. As they approached the leader pulled off his ski mask, I looked up into Chief Riley’s grinning face, he offered his hand and helped me to my feet.

“Hey Zaz, nice night for a walk don’t you think?”

“Chief we gotta move, my sister’s in danger”

Riley shook his head, “Who do you think called us?, she found the bugs just after you left, tried to call you but that asshole Fuller scrambled your phone, I never did trust the fuckin’ Army, we dropped a couple of OGA assholes and left some of my guys with her just in case”

I felt my knees go weak as relief flooded over me… she was safe.. ”Who do you have with you?”

“Classified, c‘mon let's get you looked at,” the Chief said, waving one of the guys over, he pulled out a Quickclot bandage and wrapped my arm, then began prodding my chest, asking if it hurt and so on. The 9mm round had passed straight through without expanding, so thank god for small miracles,

“Kat tell you what was up?”

“Yeah, just me though… we gotta talk”

I nodded as we hustled towards the waiting van “Let's get back to Kat, then I’ll tell you whatever you want to know”

Ten minutes later we touched down at MIT, Kat was waiting outside with a couple of Riley’s operators.

“MIKE!” she cried, running to the van and wrapping me in a hug.

I sucked in a sharp breath, “Easy kiddo, fucker took a piece of me with him”

Riley chuckled, “Fat lot of good it did, your bro‘s a tough motherfucker Katherine”

Kat’s eyes hardened, “You get him?”

I smiled grimly, “The Chief bagged Todd, the guy who shot me? Hydrostatic Shock will ruin a guy’s evening to be sure.”

Kat looked a little sick as Riley knocked his fist into mine.

”Fuckin’ SEALS… I need a smoke”

Our little group cracked up, it even drew a few smiles from our guardian angels. Once again I was amazed by the human ability to survive, even in spite of everything. Here I was, by now probably the most hunted man in the world, bleeding from multiple wounds suffered in a gunfight with the deadliest Intelligence Agency on Earth, about to leave everything behind on a wild goose chase of interuniversal teleportation. And I was giggling like a little girl.

After a minute the laughter died down and we headed inside to set up security, Riley motioned for me to follow him into a side room.

“Zaz?”

“Yeah Chief?”

“Is all this shit true?”

“Yeah Chief, it’s all true, every weird ass bit of it”

Riley looked thoughtful for a moment, “Alright then”

I cocked an eyebrow, “What?”

He chuckled, “Hell it’s one of the craziest things I’ve ever heard, but we’ve shed enough blood in the same mud for me to take you at your word brother”

“Fuck, good to know Chief”

“So where do we go from here?”

“I go through, and then we torch the place. I’m understating the point when I say these assholes can’t be allowed to follow me there. This place, Chief it‘s the kind of world we‘ve fought for, shed blood for, it‘s the kind of world Jessica died for….” I felt my eyes start welling up. “If they get through, it’s gonna be Cortez and the Aztecs all over again”

Riley had stopped smiling, “Ya know man, I watched you go from a baby SEAL to a hard-hitting sonofabitch. You saved my ass in Tuzla, remember that shit?”

I chuckled, wiping the tears from my eyes, “When you fucked that farm girl? And she turned out to be that lunatic Karadzic‘s wife? Yeah I remember that you dick”

Riley waved me off, “Details, I’ve had your back since day one. Let’s get you back where you belong brother”

We were halfway to the door when it slammed open, Kat looked ready to burst.

“Mike, it’s working”