• Published 25th Jul 2012
  • 3,843 Views, 83 Comments

New World, Old Fight - SGTBRONY



A Navy SEAL survives the unthinkable, how will he cope with the fallout?

  • ...
4
 83
 3,843

Chapter 8

Chapter 8
Bravo Zulu




BUD/s was a cakewalk compared to the feeling of abject dread permeating my being as I walked up the stairs.

“Celestia, I want to be honest with her”

The Sun Princess paused mid stride. “After all this, I believe honesty may well be the best policy Michael, but be gentle, this has been a…jarring experience for her”

The door to the room was open, Twilight was sitting on the edge of her bed, tears ran down her cheeks staining her coat, her beautiful violet eyes were bloodshot, putting it simply she looked like hell. I felt my heart breaking as she scooted away from me when I entered the room, I leaned on the doorframe with Celestia at my back. On the inside I ran to her, held her and kissed her. I told her that I was in love with her too…

On the outside I stood in the doorway at a loss for words, when I finally spoke my voice sounded ragged and harsh, like I’d been crying for days instead of just the last few minutes…“Twi, I haven’t been entirely honest with you about some things, and I want, no, I need to tell you the truth…finally”

Twilight barked a laugh, a harsh insincere sound that didn’t fit her at all, “Not entirely honest?, you mean about you being a remorseless psychopath?”

I felt my temper start to rise, I was trying to fight it back down and I was losing….

Celestia had great timing, “Twilight Sparkle!, Michael is trying to be truthful with you, he has sacrificed and suffered more than anypony in the entirety of Equestria, and what’s more, he’s done it all to protect innocents! I would advise you to listen to him.”

Jesus, no wonder she’s in charge.

Twilight looked stunned at the harsh rebuke “I…I’m sorry Princess”

I jumped in before Celestia could speak, “ Twilight, I know today was terrible for you, I can only apologize for what you had to see, I remember my first time taking a life, to say I was disturbed would be understating the point… However I would kill again and again to protect you, or anypony for that matter. It’s who I am.”

Twilight opened her mouth to speak but I continued, “Please Twi, I need to get this all out, after I’m done you can chew me up one side and down the other if you wish.”

Celestia cleared her throat, “I’ll wait downstairs and give the two of you some privacy”

I nodded in her direction, “Thank you Princess, this won’t take long”

I took a deep breath and began, “On Earth, I was a part of my country’s military, the Navy to be exact. I was part of a Special Operations unit known as the SEAL’s, composed of sailors selected and trained to near perfection in order conduct high risk missions behind enemy lines, we were the best in the business, nobody could take us”

I smiled at that old frogman bravado welling up inside me. “Our job was to stop evil people, in the most direct way possible, I’ve only ever killed to keep harm from coming to others, like I did today…I’m sorry if you think I’m a monster Twi, I reacted the way I’d been trained but I also did it because I didn’t want anything to happen to you, and for that I won’t apologize.”

I paused for a moment, letting the memories overtake me, “It’s me…Mike… she’s dead, Jess is gone”

“I enlisted after my fiance was killed in battle, she died trying to save another soldier’s life, I never forgave myself for not putting up more of a fight when she said she was enlisting… I blamed myself for a very long time. I vowed I would never let someone else I loved come to harm, I killed without remorse, at times I actually enjoyed it, all that changed when I came here… I felt peaceful, our late night talks helped a lot, you opened my eyes to a world where I could finally lay down the pain I’d been carrying for years, but I’m always going to be this guy, a warrior.. And that kind of thing has no place in a world as beautiful as yours. I’ve made up my mind Twi, I’ll be heading back to Canterlot to stay until the Princess can find a way to send me home, before I go I wanted to say thank you, for everything Twilight. Please tell everyone I said goodbye”

I leaned down and kissed her on the forehead.

“I love you Twi, take care of yourself”

I turned to leave, my mind flashed to Applebloom, she wouldn’t understand, god I hope she doesn’t think I’d just abandon her.

“Mike, wait”

I turned back to find Twi’s beautiful violet eyes staring straight into mine as she slid off the bed and walked toward me, her hooves softly clip-clopping across the wooden floor. A few feet away she gave up all pretense and launched herself at me, I didn’t even put up a fight, I deserved whatever I had coming, I didn’t expect the warmth of her lips pressed against mine.

The sensation was heavenly, it felt like home and everything right with the world. In between her frantic awkward kisses and sobs I could hear her whispering over and over, “I love you too”. I scooped her up in my arms and kissed her in earnest, my tongue slowly exploring her mouth as hers explored mine, this could go on for awh-

“Ahem”

I spun to see Celestia standing in the doorway next to a very bewildered looking Spike.

“I apologize Michael, I attempted to stop him but to no avail” the Sun Princess said sheepishly, “Well Spike my dear I think it high time that I showed you the royal gardens”

“B-but Princess I’ve see-”

“Nonsense, we’re off!”. With that they both disappeared in a flash of yellow light.

I turned my attention back to Twilight who was fighting a smile and failing miserably, “Shall we continue?”

I didn’t think a purple mare could blush “I- I….”

I silenced her with a kiss, this was going to be an interesting night….