• Published 5th Aug 2017
  • 3,050 Views, 210 Comments

I, Monster - Magenta Cat



Trixie gets a second chance. What will she do with that? And what will be the cost?

  • ...
5
 210
 3,050

Story Cancelled - Sketchbook

It's been far too long since I stopped writing this story. More than that, a long time I've carried it in my mind and computer, without making any significant progress. I think it's time to be honest about it and admit that I didn't finish it. It's hard to admit (literally took me years), but it's the truth.

I'll never stop apologizing for it.

However, there was still an untold story. Here are the links to the unfinished chapters 5, 6 and 7, as well as a link to the sketchbook with the major plot points, developments and the intended ending. Hope it's enough.

Comments ( 22 )

Well, at least I'm no longer wondering. No need to apologize, some stories never find their ending. It's just the nature of it.

Used without permit until further notice

Why didn’t you just get permit from Grandifloru?

11633923
Hope the kinda ending in the sketchbook was good, at least.

11634004
Actually, I did ask them through DeviantArt, and never got a reply.

*Places a single black rose upon the canceled fic*
Gone, but never forgotten. :fluttercry:

Congrats with being featu—ohh... ohhh...

Good luck on your future/other endeavors!

11634139
Forgotten would be the single cruelest thing to happen to any story. So, thanks for confirming it didn't happen to this one. Incomplete as it is, it's still our story.

11634218
This update made it into the feature box? Are you money flipping me? Welp, confirmation it was the right move in a way, if that many people cared to enter and read.

And thanks for the support.

Well, I just wonder if this sites biggest Trixie main will stay in the fandom or not.

11634480
Oh, I'm not leaving. I'm just, moving on from this story because I just don't have the capacity to bring it to term.

Wow, has it really been five years. Of course a continuation would have been sweet, but if your heart's no longer in it then whats the point of spinning wheels about it. Better to put it to rest and move on to other things which you can find inspiration and enjoyment in, as that's what matters in the end.

11635607
Okay, first of all, saying 'put to rest' about this story in particular was too utterly appropriate.

With that said, even if I had written a continuation from where I left it years ago from now, it would end up being wildly different. Think of the differences from "Beyond the Thunderdome" to "Fury Road". Though, I wouldn't put it beyond the possible an spiritual successor. But it is too soon to say anything on paper, yet.

Dont be hard on yourself ,you dont owe us finishing this story. You wrote it out for fun and i did genuinly enjoy it way back :) So cheers for that and good luck in whatever you get up to. Be it on this site or in life.

11636678
I get that I didn't owe it, but in a way, it did feel like such at points. I guess that's another reason why I honestly thought it was time to admit it wasn't going to take off in any significant way.

And thanks for the support.

At least you COMMUNICATE. That's all I want from authors. Write, if they can't - tell the readers why. Pity it was unfinished, but not everything can end. Some years ago I had this idea for a fanfic, which contained a single chapter, and was "CANCELED", not completed. Because of the thing of this chapter. It signified the end of at least one of the MLP universes. It depicts an aftermath of a brutal fight, with Applejack and Rainbow straight up dead, because they would be frontline in a fight. It depicts some of multiverse fighters leaving the place, some in caskets. It had enemies such as Joker, Darkseid, Discord and Tirek on one side. So yeah. Even Harmony in the flesh would have a hard time stopping them.

11639376
Yeah. From my own experiences with reading cancelled stories, Indo prefer at least a vestige of where the story was going and such. So, I gave all I could to at least show most of the story.

Sorry for not writing it outright.

11639623
Like I said in other comments in other sotries. Real life happens, burnout happens. The thing is, if you are done with the story, or fimfiction, don't lie. Tell readers straight: "I'm done, I can't write anymore." Optionally give story out for adoption, if you trust a person to continue your vision of the story. Just tell the truth. Don't say "Eh, story will continue soon", and then just quit fimfiction completely. This I do not approve.

11639680
I don’t know if giving up for adoption is a needed step. If anyone wants to write over it, not like I can stop them. Kind of the whole purpose of a fanfiction site.

Though, that’s a big “if” for someone continuing from here.

11639727
Well, you can give them the script, which to follow, if you give a fic to adopt. I'm not talking about hijacking fics of active authors, but I did have a proposal that if a person is absent for several years - right for their fics are automatically out for adoption. In fact, if a fic is active - I am extremely negative of anyone trying to write it as their own, that is basically plagiarism.

11639733
Welp, the sketchbook is out and the story officially cancelled. So, yeah, if someone, anyone for reasons that elude me, wants to continue from here, all my blessings and stuff. Though, this being a co-written, authorization must be asked out of Nightwalker for anything more official than a fanfic's fanfic.

Such is la vida loca. Thanks for letting us know though. :twilightsmile:

La vida es un tango.

Hope you enjoyed the read up to this point, and the ‘what if?’ that is the sketchbook.

11693493

the only thing you can be sorry for is creating art so exceptional, it causes dread in minds and hearts at mere thought of inability to finish it, not the act itself. It's like if J. K. Rowling died before seventh book, or George Lucas decided to drop Filmmaking before episode 3 (I wanted to go with Tolkien, but you need to admit, you are remarkable, but you are not a GOD). It would be a waste, but alternative were to never read it, and I'm happy I did

11693615
Hmm, I see. It makes sense in the context of Caligari, now I think about it.

Login or register to comment