• Published 21st Nov 2016
  • 11,365 Views, 602 Comments

Yugioh EQG - Banshee531



A young antisocial teen receives a deck of Duel Monster cards and is thrust into an amazing adventure. How will he fair when the fate of the world rest on his shoulders.

  • ...
11
 602
 11,365

PreviousChapters Next
Turn 41, Shining Spoon

Author's Note:

Before we begin I'd like to thank SuperSonicHeroes and Foxhelm. This chapter was born from your comments and ideas, so really this chapter is thanks to you. An extra special thanks to YuGiOh Brony, for donating his OC for this chapter. Hope he enjoys it.

We find Scootaloo and her friends in the park while she was in the middle of a Duel with a boy their age, who they had just met. His name was Shining Spoon, he had orange skin and spiky red and blue hair. He wore a leather jacket over a white T-shirt.

Currently his field only had a monster named Archfiend Solider, while Scootaloo's had Rush Raptor on it.

Scootaloo: 500
Spoon: 1200

"Looks like this game goes to me," the boy named Spoon said.

"Don't count me out yet," Scootaloo said. "It's my turn," she placing her hand on her deck, "come on deck don't let me down." She took a deep breath, "I draw," she looked at her card and smiled. "I summon Bone Armour Raptor," a dinosaur wearing bones over its body appeared with a skull for a helmet. (A1800/D1200/L4) "Next I activate his ability," she said, "by cutting his ATK and DEF points in half I can summon a Dinosaur Monster from my graveyard." (A900/D600/L4) "Now I summon Velocity Raptor," a green raptor appeared on the field. (A1000/D1200/L3) "Velocity Raptor's ability activates since it was Special Summon, making every monster on my field the same Level as a monster of my choice. All three raptors glowed as Bone Armour Raptor's level changed to three.

"And now I'm using these three monsters to build the Overlay Network," Scootaloo said as her monsters flew up and into the black hole. "I XYZ SUMMON!" The black hole exploded as Scootaloo's monster flew out. "Wild Rush Raptor." (A2000/D2000/R3)

"With Rush Raptor as an Overlay Unit, Wild Rush gains five hundred points." (A2500/D2000/R3) "I attack and when Wild Rush Raptor attacks, I can remove an Overlay Unit and double any damage he deals." One of the Overlay Units flew into its mouth as it took flight, shot towards Archfiend Solider and swung around and smashed it with its tail.

"NOOO!" Spoon screamed as his life point dropped to zero.

Scootaloo: 500 (Winner)
Spoon: 0

"Alright Scootaloo," Sweetie cheered, as she and Applebloom rushed over to her.

"That was a great comeback," Applebloom said.

"Thanks guys," Scootaloo said.

"I lost," the girls turned to Spoon who was on his hands and knees looking at the ground.

"Are you okay," Scootaloo asked as she walked over to him.

"Why?" Spoon said, "why do I keep losing?"

"Hey it was a close match," Scootaloo said.

"But if I keep losing," Spoon said, "I'll bring shame to my master."

"Master?" the girls asked in confusion.

"I'll have no right to call myself his apprentice."

"Who are you talking about?" Applebloom asked.

"I'm talking the greatest Duellist in the world," Spoon said, "Flash Sentry."

That last part took a few second to drain into the girl's heads, but when it did..."WHAT!"


The four were sitting on a bench as Shining Spoon explained.

"I always loved Duelling, but always chickened out whenever I Duelled because no matter what I would end up overpowered by my opponents. But then one day I went to see the Micro Tournament."

"And that's where you saw Flash?" Scootaloo asked.

"Yeah," Spoon replied, "I didn't think much of him at first when he Duelled against that Gizmo guy. I thought his win was just luck, but then I kept watching and slowly I started growing more and more hopeful that he'd win and he did. Again and again he came up against a seemingly unbeatable rival and managed to overcome them. That's when I decided I wanted to be just like him, but there was one thing I lacked to make me like him."

"Pendulum Cards?" Sweetie guessed.

"That's right," he said, "if I make it to the finals I'll get my very own Pendulum cards and then I'll be just like Master Flash."

"That just sounds weird," Scootaloo said, "I don't think he'd like it if you kept calling him that."

"I'm sure he'd love it," Spoon said, "I mean it's not like you know him or something."

"Actually," Applebloom said getting his attention.

"You do know him?" Spoon asked.

Scootaloo didn't answer and instead took out her phone and showed him a picture of her and Flash together.

"Wait," he asked, "are you?"

"Flash is my older brother," she told him.

Spoon's mouth hung so low that you could race a Duel Runner through it. "Mind...blown!" he said.

"Thanks," Scootaloo said.

"So you could introduce me?" he asked.

"Well," Scootaloo said, "not at this moment."

"Why not?" Spoon asked.

The girls explained what had happened and by the end Spoon looked outraged.

"They can't do that to my teacher," he said leaping up.

"Well it happened," Applebloom said, "plus I don't think you can count him as your teacher since you've never actually met."

"But he will be," Spoon replied, "I'll see him in the finals and he'll have to make me his student when he sees my Pendulum Cards."

"But you have to get to the finals first," Sweetie said.

Spoon sighed and sat back down. "Your right, but my deck can't seem to get me there. If I had a Pendulum Deck like Flash's I'd be unstoppable."

"It can't be that bad," Scootaloo said, "show me it."

Spoon took out his deck and they spread it out on the bench to look over. "Everything seems to be well balanced," Scootaloo said, "but I get the feeling it's missing something."

"Yeah," Sweetie said, "it's like a golden brick path leading to a dead end."

"Are you sure these are all the cards you have in your deck?" Applebloom asked him.

"Well," Spoon looked uncomfortable but then went into his Extra Deck and pulled out a card, which he showed them making their eyes go wide.

"That's...that's...that's," Sweetie couldn't get the words.

"DARK REBELLION XYZ DRAGON!" Scootaloo screamed. The card was in fact an Xyz card, known world wide for its rarity

"Where did you get this?" Applebloom asked him.

"Family heirloom," Spoon said, "my dad gave it to me along with the deck."

"I can't believe I'm seeing the first Xyz Monster ever created," Scootaloo said.

"It's not that special," Spoon said.

"Are you kidding?" Scootaloo asked.

"Dark Rebellion Xyz Dragon," Sweetie said, "along with Starving Venom Fusion Dragon and Clear Wing Synchro Dragon are the cards that helped redefine Duelling. The first Fusion, Synchro and Xyz cards ever created and you have one of them."

"This is it," Scootaloo said. "If you use that card you'll do great in the tournament."

"But I want to be like Flash," Spoon said, "and Flash doesn't Xyz Summon."

"Trust me when I say he would if he could," Scootaloo said.

"Whatever," Spoon said, "I'm out of here." he gathered up his deck and headed out.

"Wait," Scootaloo said, but he didn't stop.


"What do they know?" Spoon said, "I don't need Xyz Summoning. If it was as good as they say then Flash would use it."

Before he could say or think anything, three kids ran passed him.

"Come on," one of them said, "If we don't hurry the Duel will be over."

"Do you think it's true?" another one said, "that there's a kid willing to give up all his points if you beat him."

"If there is," the last one said, "it'll be major pay dirt for us."

"All his points," Spoon said, "perfect." He rushed off after the three.


"I can't believe that guy," Scootaloo said as the three walked through the park, "we try and help him and he throws it back in our faces."

"He was just to bent on being like Flash," Applebloom said, "he didn't realise how great his own deck is."

"Wish we could help him see that," Sweetie said.

The three continued until they found themselves near the park baseball field, where they heard. "I attack!" they looked over and saw a crowd gathered, before a huge explosion took place. Rushing over and through they found themselves staring at to kids their age. One was a boy with white skin, brown hair and a brown patch over his left eye, while the other was a boy in baseball gear with orange skin and blue hair.

"Sorry First Base," the first boy said, "but it looks like I win."

"No fair," the second said, "I had home field advantage."

"Pipsqueak's amazing," a kid next to the girls said.

Pipsqueak held up a brown DPM as it recalculated his points.

Pipsqueak: 4560Ps

"That's a lot of points," Scootaloo said.

"So," Pipsqueak said, "who's next?"

"ME" a voice rang out, making everyone turn to see Shining Spoon step out of the crowd. "My name is Shining Spoon and I challenge you."

"Okay then," Pip said, "how many points do you want to put up?"

"I was told your willing to put up all your points," Spoon said.

"That's only if my opponent has as many points," Pip replied, "how many points do you have?"

Spoon sweated but held up his own DPM.

Shining Spoon: 250Ps

"That's no where near as close to mine," Pip said.

"I know," Shining said, before he realised. "But if we do Duel for all your points and you win," he took something out of his pocket, "I'll give you this." He held up his Dark Rebellion Xyz Dragon making everyone gasp. He was really willing to give up such a rare card.

Pip looked at the card and almost drooled. "Alright," he said, "you have a deal."

The two took out their Duel Disks and prepared to Duel.

"Don't do this Spoon," he heard making him turn to see Scootaloo. "Don't risk your Dragon like this."

"Leave me alone," he said, "this is my chance to get to the finals and meet Flash."


Speaking of Flash. The teen was had been walking through the park when he had noticed the crowd.

Hiding around the back of the field's bleachers he became wary when he saw his sister and her friends, but grew curious when hearing his name mentioned.


"DUEL!"

Pipsqueak: 4000
Spoon: 4000

"I'll take the first move," Pip said, "and I'll start by activating the Field Spell Nightmare Ghost Ship." The field suddenly changed so that everyone was now standing underwater, on a sunken pirate ship with black sails and spikes made out of bone. "Next I summon Dread Pirate Skeleton Crew in ATK mode." A trio of skeletons appeared on the field, wearing pirate hats and carrying cutlasses. (A1800/D0/L4) "I end my turn with a face down."

"It's my turn," Spoon said, "I draw and play the Spell card Reasoning. This card forces you to declare a level and I draw until I get a monster and if that card's level is anything other then the one you called, I can summon it."

"Alright, level four."

Spoon drew his cards and smiled. "Mine's level two, meaning I can summon it. Come out Meda Bat," a large eyeball with a blue tail, claws and bat wings appeared on the field. (A800/D400/L2) "Now I tribute Meda Bat to summon my Summoned Skull," the small monster disappeared and was replaced by a giant demon with bones covering most of its body. (A2500/D1200/L6)

"Good move," Sweetie said.

"His deck is built to allow Special Summons," Scootaloo said, "I think it's his way of substituting for a Pendulum Summon."

"I attack you Skeletons with my Summon Skull," Spoon said as his demon's body pulsed with electricity and fired a bolt of lightning, destroying the three skeletons.

Pipsqueak: 3300
Spoon: 4000

"Since a Zombie Type monster was just sent to the graveyard the effect of my Nightmare Ghost Ship activates," Pip said. "Now my destroyed monster will return to the field as a Pirate Ghost Token." A green mist slowly drifted from between the cracks of the deck floor, which soon collected together into the form of a green balloon shaped ghost with a pirate hat and eye patch. (A0/D0/L1)

"I end my turn," Spoon said.

"My turn," Pip said, "I draw and activate the Spell card Dread Pirate rebirth. This card lets me tribute a Pirate Ghost Token and give new life to my Skeleton Crew." The ghost disintegrated into dust on the floor as Pip chanted, "pirates may die but they are never truly gone." From the dust the Skeleton Crew crawled out and stood tall.

"Spoon will be in trouble of his opponents are a bunch of undead pirates," Applebloom said.

"Next I tribute my Skeleton Crew in order to summon Dread Pirate First Mate." The trio disappeared once again and this time were replaced with a pale man, in a frilly white shirt and holding a cutlass. (A2300/D0/L6) "And don't forget that since another monster went to the graveyard, I get another Pirate Ghost Token." Another green balloon shaped ghost appeared, "now I attack you Summoned Skull."

"But my Skull has more attack points?" Spoon said.

"Not once my First Mate's ability activates. When he attacks I can tribute a Pirate Ghost Token, and raise his ATK points by a thousand until battle's end." The Ghost Token turned back into mist which flew into the Dread Pirate's cutlass. (A3300/D0/L6) First Mate flew forwards and slashed Summoned Skull down the centre, cutting it in half as his ATK points returned to normal.

Pipsqueak: 3300
Spoon: 3200

"This is bad," Sweetie said. "Pipsqueak is planning out his strategy to a T while Spoon is trying to power through."

"He needs to think his plan out more," Applebloom agreed.

"I end my turn."

"It's my turn," Spoon said, "I draw and summon Looting Archfiend in ATK mode." A demon appeared with a long four fingered clawed tail. (A1500/D1100/L4) When this card is Normal Summoned, I can select a card in your hand and send it to the graveyard." Spoon looked over at Pip's hand and pointed to the far right, which Pip discarded with a smile.

"Since you sent Dread Pirate Boatswain to the graveyard, I get another token." A third Ghost Token appeared on the field.

"I place one card face down and end my turn."

"It's my draw," Pip said, "and I attack with Dread Pirate First Mate while tributing my Ghost Token to increase his ATK points." (A3300/D0/L6)

"I activate my face down," Spoon said, "Magic Cylinder. With this your monsters attack points will be deducted out of your life points, which means I win."

"Like it'd be that easy," Pip said, "I activate Dark Bribe. This Trap negates your Trap while letting you draw."

Spoon's Trap sparked before exploding, while First Mate continued its assault as destroyed Looting Archfiend

Pipsqueak: 3300
Spoon: 1400

"I end my turn."

"It my turn," Spoon said, "I draw and activate Graceful Charity. This card lets me two three cards as long as I ditch two."

He smiled making everyone raise an eyebrow. "What's he up to?" Applebloom asked.

"Look," Sweetie said pointing at First Mate.

Something appeared behind the pirate and grabbed it. It was some kind of red and blue demon.

"What's this?" Pipsqueak asked.

"My Archfiend of Gilfer," Spoon said, "when I sent him to the graveyard his ability equipped him to your monster. Now he's five hundred points weaker." (A1800/D0/L6) "Now I summon Archfiend Solider." (A1900/D1500/L4) "I attack." The archfiend flew at the pirate and slashed it with its claws.

Pipsqueak: 3200
Spoon: 1400

"He did it!" Sweetie cheered.

"Don't be to excited," Scootaloo said, "it's not over yet."

"Since another Zombie monster was sent to the graveyard, I get another Pirate Ghost Token."

"I end my turn with a face down."

"It's my turn," Pipsqueak said, "I draw and play the Spell card Corps Fusion. This card lets me pay a thousand life points and Fusion Summon by removing the materials from my graveyard."

Pipsqueak: 2200
Spoon: 1400

From the cracks of the deck came the ghostly figures of Pips monsters, before they were sucked into a vortex that opened. "Raise the sails and swab the decks, the pirates are going to make you walk the plank." The vortex exploded, revealing Pips monster. "I FUSION SUMMON!"

The monster was a humanoid figure in pirate clothes, with an anchor around its neck like a pendent. Its head was a green with tentacle like appendages flowing down, while its left hand was replaced with a crab claw. "Captain of the Mucky Depths, Dread Pirate Nightmare." (A?/D0/L9)

"No ATK points?" Spoon asked.

"His ATK points become the sum level of the monsters used in his Fusion Summon times three hundred." (A3000/D0/L9)

"Oh boy," Spoon said.

"Captain Nightmare," Pip said, "attack Archfiend Solider." The monster raised its clawed hand and charged at Spoon's monster.

"I activate my Mirror Force," Spoon said, "this Trap will negate your attack and destroy every ATK position monster on your field."

"It would," Pip said, "if my monster ability didn't negate your Trap. All I have to do is sacrifice a Zombie monster, like my Ghost Token." The Token flew into the Fusion Monster's claw as it slashed at Spoon's Trap. "Now my Captain can carry out his assault." Archfiend Solider was captured in the claw and cut in half. The force of the attack pushing Spoon off his feet.

Pipsqueak: 2200
Spoon: 300

"I end my turn."

As they watched him try and get up, the girl called out to Spoon. "You've gotta get up."

"Why?" he asked, "I can't beat him."

"Yes you can," Scootaloo called out, "there's one card in your deck that can beat his Dread Pirate. You just have to stop trying to be my brother and Duel your way."

"But I can't win that way," Spoon said.

"Well your not winning this way either," Scootaloo said. "If my brother was here right now, do you know what he'd say."

"He'd say to get up and win!" Everyone looked up at the ships rigging, where Flash was standing.

"Flash," Scootaloo said in shock.

"It's him," Spoon said.

"She's got a point you know," Flash said, "you can't win if you try and be somebody else. Even if you did win it wouldn't be your victory, it would be the victory of the person your imitating."

"But I've never won while trying to be myself, I always lose."

"I was the same way," Flash said, "when I was younger I lost all the time. You know why?" Spoon shock his head, "It's because I never believed in my deck. When you and your deck's hearts are one, then even against an impossible opponent victory can still be obtained."

Flash's words touched Spoon's heart. He hadn't really believed in his deck. To him the deck was just there until he could get the Pendulum cards he wanted, but maybe that was the problem. Why would the cards help him replace them? This deck that his father had given him, he was so obsessed with getting a deck like Flash's he never thought to try and improve it. But maybe he could still win, if he Duelled like himself."

"Get up," Flash said, "and win."

Spoon finally manged to stand tall and nodded to Flash.

"It's my turn," he said, "I draw and play Pot of Greed to draw two cards." He drew his cards a smiled seeing what they were. "I summon Jaw Blade Archfiend, in ATK mode." A demon with jaw shaped claws appeared on the field. "Next I activate the Spell card Fiends Rebirth, which makes me discard a Fiend Type monster and then I card summon a Fiend Type monster in my graveyard whose level is lower then the discard one. I discard Swift Archfiend to revive Meda Bat." The flying eyeball appeared on the field. (A800/D400/L2) "Next I activate the effect of Swift Archfiend in my graveyard, allowing me to remove him from play and then increase the level of a Fiend on my field by two." Meda Bat began to glow. (A800/D400/L4)

"Two level four monsters," Sweetie said.

Applebloom nodded "that means."

"I Overlay Jaw Blade Archfiend and Meda Bat," Spoon said as his monsters flew up and into the black hole as it opened. "Cloaked in shadows and relentless in its objective, I call upon the most dangerous of dragons." The black hole burst in an explosion of light, "I XYZ SUMMON!"

The light faded revealing the creature. A black and purple dragon with two purple Overlay Units flying around it. "DARK REBELLION XYZ DRAGON!" (A2500/D2000/R4)

Everyone marvelled at the sight of the first ever Xyz Monster.

"I activate Dark Rebellion Xyz Dragon's ability," Spoon said, "by remove two Overlay Units I can cut you Captain's ATK points in half and add them to my dragons points." One of the Overlay Units flew into the dragons chest as its wings opened up and unleashed a surge of electricity. "Treason Discharge!" the lightning shocked Dread Pirate Nightmare, reducing its ATK points. (A1500/D0/L9), (A4000/D2000/R4) "Now attack," Spoon said as Rebellion Dragon's wings unleashed a blue glow and it took off, "Lightning Disobey!" The dragon struck the pirate, destroying it in an explosion of electricity.

Pipsqueak: 0
Spoon: 300 (Winner)

As the Field Spell and monsters disappeared, everyone was silent as they took in what had just happened.

Finally, Scootaloo began clapping loudly followed by her friends and the rest of the crowd.

Shining Spoon couldn't believe what had just happened. He'd actually won a Duel and it was with his own cards. "I did it."

"Yeah you did," Scootaloo said slapping him on the back.

"That was an amazing comeback," Pipsqueak said, "and I always keep my word." He pressed a button on his DPM and seconds later Spoon's beeped.

Shining Spoon: 4810Ps

"That's a whole more points all of a sudden," Applebloom said.

"If you keep Duelling you might just be able to enter the finals," Sweetie said.

"You'd better," Pip said happily, "now you've beaten me."

"I will," Spoon said, "and what's more is I got to actually win infront of him." He looked around, but his smile turned to a frown. "Where'd Flash go?"

Everyone looked around but Flash was gone.


Flash smiled as he walked away.

Another strong Duellist had revealed themselves. Flash would need to keep his guard up if he didn't want to fall behind.


"It looks like he left," Sweetie said.

Spoon frowned, but soon smiled again. "It doesn't matter, I'll see him again at the finals."

"You'll get there," she said, "as long as you remember to believe in your deck."

"I will," Spoon turned, "if I want to make it I gotta get going to find my next Duel."

"Good luck," Scootaloo said.

"Same to you," he replied.

As Spoon began to leave Scootaloo watch him go, only to notice something hovering over his shoulder. It was Meda Bat, or rather a transparent version of it. Meda Bat turned to Scootaloo and waved at her as if to say thank you, before it vanished.

"What was that?" she asked.

"What was what?" Applebloom said.

"I thought I saw...never mind," Scootaloo shook her head. She need to take a break, she was seeing things.

PreviousChapters Next