• Published 21st Nov 2016
  • 11,249 Views, 601 Comments

Yugioh EQG - Banshee531



A young antisocial teen receives a deck of Duel Monster cards and is thrust into an amazing adventure. How will he fair when the fate of the world rest on his shoulders.

  • ...
11
 601
 11,249

PreviousChapters Next
Turn 48, Twilight's Ascent

The Duel between Twilight Sparkle and Sunset Shimmer continued. Twilight currently had Tempest Magician on her field, while Sunset had Solar Flare Phoenix, Radiant Sun Knight Scarmick and Firewall Defender on her field.

"This is where the Duel gets interesting," Sunset told Twilight, "but no matter what you will fall to me."

"Don't think just because you beat me once It'll happen again," Twilight said.

The two stared at each other, both determined to defeat the other no matter what.

"Let's see about that," Sunset said, "I attack Tempest Conjurer with Solar Flare Phoenix." The firebird flew up and set its body alight, before rushing at Twilight's Spellcaster and destroying it in a ball of fire.

Twilight: 3200
Sunset: 3400

"Now I attack you directly with Scarmick," Sunset continued as her knight charged at the girl. He raised his flaming weapon and slashed her down the chest

Twilight: 2200
Sunset: 3400

"I end my turn with a face down."

"It's a good thing she forgot to switch Firewall Defender to ATK mode," Applejack said, "she could have attacked and dealt Twilight some serious damage."

"I don't think she forgot," Spike said, "she did the same thing in their last Duel. She's preparing for if Twilight manages to counter attack."

"It's my turn," Twilight said, "I draw and play Graceful Charity. Now I'm allowed to draw three new cards, as long as I discard two." She drew three cards and discard one of them, along with one from her hand. "Next I summon the Tuner Monster Shadow Charmer in ATK mode." (A1200/D700/L3) "Now I discard one card to activate Shadow Charmer's ability," she said, "meaning I can revive a Spellcaster whose level is equal to or lower then the monster I discarded." In a flash of light Magician's Valkyria appeared on Twilight's field, waving its staff around. (A1600/D1800/L4)

"Just what she needed!" Spike cheered.

"Do it Sugarcube," Applejack said.

"NOW!" Twilight yelled, "I tune my level three Shadow Charmer with my Level four Magician's Valkyria." Shadow Charmer glowed before transforming into three balls of light, which each circled around creating three rings which Valkyria jumped into. Once inside them Valkyria became transparent. "When two mighty magicians unite their magical power an amazing event will occur." In that moment Valkyria burst into light, "I SYNCHRO SUMMON!"

The light faded revealing, "Twilight Sorcerer!” (A2100/D2800/L7)

"Bringing out the big guns I see," Sunset said, "hope he does better then he did last time."

"Oh you'll see how much better he does," Twilight said, "because I activate his ability to add one random Spellbook from my deck to my hand." Her deck shuffled around before a card slotted out for her to take, which she did and smiled seeing it. "I activate Spellbook of Power, which will raise my Sorcerer's ATK points be one thousand for the turn." (A3100/D2800/L7) "What's more, my Sorcerer also gains one hundred ATK points for every Spellbook in my graveyard. I have five Spellbooks in my grave, meaning five hundred more points. (A3600/D2800/L7)

"That's way more then Solar Flare Phoenix," Spike cheered.

"I attack!" Twilight ordered as her Spellcaster raised his staff. A bolt of magic shot of it, flying towards Sunset's monster, striking it and causing it to exploded in a burst of fire.

Twilight: 2200
Sunset: 2300

"Bye bye Solar Flare Phoenix," Spike cheered.

"But did you forget what that card is?" Applejack asked, making Spike think and realise.

"A Pendulum," he said, "she'll just summon it again next turn."

"Not if I have anything to say about it," Twilight said, "because when a monster powered up with Spellbook of Power destroys another one then I can take a Spellbook and add it to my hand." Her deck slotted out another card for her to take, "now I'll activate it. Spellbook of Sealing, which lets me destroy one face up Spell or Trap on the field while I get to draw a card."

Everyone looked up at Magician of Glorious Sunrise as black lightning sparked around him, before he was destroyed while Twilight drew her card.

"Alright," Spike said, "without her Pendulum Scale Sunset can't resummon her Phoenix."

"Meaning Twilight's still in this thing," Applejack agreed.

"I told you," Twilight said to Sunset, "I'm not gonna lose to you."

Sunset just smiled, unphased by the loss of both her monster and Pendulum Scale. "We'll see."

"I end my turn," Twilight said, "Spellbook of Power's effects ware off, but with six Spellbooks in my graveyard my Sorcerer's ATK points are still at twenty seven hundred. (A2700/D2800/L7)

"It's my turn," Sunset said, "I draw and activate my face down card." Her card flipped up revealing a Spell card, "Brush Fire. With this I card select one face up Spell or Trap card on my field and destroy it, but in return I can draw three cards." Magician of Glorious Sundown was consumed by fire and destroyed, while Sunset drew three cards. "Next I play Pot of Greed, to draw two more cards," she did just that.

"That's seven cards," Spike said.

"Who knows what she'll do with them," Applejack said.

"And now," Sunset said, "I set the Pendulum Scale with scale two Magician of Radiant Sunlight and scale six Glorious Sun Knight Strider." The pillars of light appeared besides her, as her monsters rose up and the numbers appeared beneath them. "With Strider's Pendulum Ability as long as I have a Fire Attributed Monster in my other Pendulum zone, I can increase his scale by two." The number under Strider increased to eight, before the portal began to form above Sunset.

"With that scale," Twilight said.

"Oh no," Applejack said.

"I PENDULUM SUMMON!"

The portal opened and three lights shot out.

"Invoke your blazing magic, Magician of Glorious Sunrise." (A1100/D700/L3/P8)

"Wave your flaming wand, Magician of Glorious Sundown." (A1400/D2200/L6/P1)

"Ignite you flame of victory, Solar Flare Phoenix." (A2500/D2100/L7/P4)

"Five monsters!" Spike almost screamed.

"Don't worry," Applejack said though she herself sounded worried, "Twilight can handle it."

"Yeah," Spike said as he realised something. "Yeah she can, because none of Sunset's monsters can destroy Twilight's."

"Don't be so sure little man," Sunset replied, "maybe they can't but they will help me summon a monster who can."

"What's she up to?" Twilight asked herself.

"I activate Magician of Glorious Sunrise's ability," Sunset said as her monster burst into flames which then surrounded Firewall Defender. "By banishing him I can then burn away three levels of another monster on my field." As the flames were absorbed by him, Firewall Defender's level was reduced to one.

"Reducing her monsters level?" Twilight asked before a thought occurred to her, "that sound familiar." Her deck was based off of Flash's, so if she was reducing her monsters level.

"Now I activate the Pendulum Ability of Magician of Radiant Sunlight," Sunset said, "an ability that turns any level three or below Fire Monster into a Tuner monster." He teenage wizard raised it's wands and fired a magic blast at Firewall Defender.

"A Tuner monster," Spike and Applejack yelled.

"Oh no," Twilight said.

"Did you really think I wouldn't use it?" Sunset asked, "I'm gonna beat you with your own Summoning Style. Now watch as I tune level one Firewall Defender, with level seven Solar Flare Phoenix." Firewall Defender glowed before transforming into a ball of light, which flew high up into the sky before carving a single ring that Solar Flare Phoenix flew into. "Awaken the power sleeping within us all and allow your flame to burn brighter then ever." The Phoenix was consumed by a burst of light. "I SYNCHRO SUMMON!"

The light faded revealing Sunset's new monster. It looked like Solar Flare Phoenix but it was larger with two pairs of wings, and it's tail was longer with three even longer blue extensions. It's helmet was now bigger and made of gold with five sets of horns sticking out of the back and gold chest armour "Solar Phoenix...REBIRTH!" (A3000/D2500/L8)

"Oh man," Spike said, "look at that thing."

"Twilight's in trouble," Applejack said.

"I activate Solar Phoenix Rebirth's ability," Sunset said, "Once per turn I can increase my life points by one thousand." Solar Phoenix Rebirth let out a golden fire that surrounded Sunset, bathing her in the flames as her life point rose.

Twilight: 2200
Sunset: 3300

"Now I attack Twilight Sorcerer with Solar Phoenix Rebirth," The colossal bird took to the skies before its entire body ignited. It then soared down towards Twilight's monster, before striking it and causing an explosion destroying it.

Twilight: 1900
Sunset: 3300

"Twilight's in trouble," Applejack said seeing her empty field.

"This is it," Sunset said to herself, "finally I can take my rightful place. I'm only one attack away from my destiny." She looked over at Twilight who had a stoic face. "What was Cold thinking when he told me to Duel her, she's nothing special. She didn't go through the hardships I had to face, the training I undertook.

<Flashback>

"Hellfire Demon attack!" Sunset ordered as a red demon fired its attack at her opponent, reducing their life points to zero. "YES!" She screamed, spinning around to see Cold standing on a balcony. "You see that? I won."

"Maybe," he said, "but there is still a ways to go."

"What are you talking about?" Sunset said, "I annihilated him."

"It's one thing to win," Cold said, "but in order to face off against our enemy we must be more then victorious. There's something more you'll need."

"What?" she asked.

"That's for you to find," he said.

<Flashforward>

"All the days of training, the strength I gained, everything I've done up until now. I won't be stopped now." Sunset turned to Magician of Glorious Sundown and ordered, "attack!" The wizard pointed its staff at Twilight and fired of a flamethrower at her.

"Twilight!" Spike yelled.

"I activate the ability of Spirit Chanter from my hand," Twilight yelled, "by discarding him I can reduce any damage I take to zero." In front of her appeared a wizard who held up its staff and created a force field, that the fire bounced off leaving Twilight unscaved.

Sunset growled, "Scarmick attack!" The knight charged at Twilight and slashed her down the middle.

Twilight: 900
Sunset: 3300

"I end my turn by equipping Solar Phoenix Rebirth with Unequalled Flame," Sunset said, "with this the only monster you can target for an attack is my Phoenix."

"That's not good," Spike said, "how's she gonna win now?"

"It's my turn," Twilight said looking down at her deck. With no cards in her hand she'd need something big to turn the Duel around, "I draw and set one card face down and end my turn."

"That's it?" Spike asked sounding stressed.

"She's being backed into a corner," Applejack told him, "so she needs to just keep herself in this till she can draw a game changer."

"It's my turn," Sunset said, "I draw and summon Sun Sabre Swordsmen in ATK mode." The yellow armoured sword wielding monster appeared (A1500/D1200/L4) "Next I'll activate Solar Phoenix Rebirth's ability to increase my life points," she explained as she bathed in the golden flames he most produced.

Twilight: 900
Sunset: 4300

"This is it," Sunset said, "I attack you directly with Rebirth." Her monster once again set itself ablaze, as it charged towards Twilight."

"I activate my face down," Twilight said as her card flipped up revealing a Spell, "Spellbook of Illusion. With this I can summon four Spellbook Tokens to my field in face up DEF mode." Four books appeared in front of Twilight, preventing the direct attack and forcing Rebirth to destroy one of them instead.

Sunset growled seeing this. "Sundown destroy another one," the magician fired its flamethrower and destroyed another book. "Sun Sabre," the swordsmen ignited his blades and charged at another, slashing it in half. "Scarmick," she ordered as her last monster destroyed the last of the tokens, leaving Twilight's field once again bare. "I end my turn," she said sounding at her wits end, "just stop struggling. You know you can't win."

"Maybe," Twilight said, "but I won't let that stop me from trying. I have to much riding on this to stop now."

"Like what?" she asked.

"Everything," Twilight said. "My friends and family who have supported me until now, who've been there for me when I needed them." Twilight closed her eyes and thought back to all her friends who were working hard to make it to the finals, her brothers and sister-in-law who believed in her and Flash who had promised to meet her at the finals. "I can't lose here," she said, "not to you."

"Then Duel," Sunset said, "and you'd better hope that whatever you draw can single handedly destroy my Phoenix, and deal me forty three hundred points of damage."

"Let's find out," Twilight said placing her hand on her deck and with one deep breath, "It's my turn and I...DRAW!" She looked at her card and gasped at what it was. "I summon the Tuner Monster Royal Charmer, in ATK mode." A young wizard appeared in majestic wizard clothing, holding a staff made out of pure gold. (A100/D100/L1) "And when Royal Charmer is summoned to the field I can Special Summon a Synchro Monster from my graveyard," Twilight said as Twilight Sorcerer appeared on the field. (A2100/D2800/L7)

"What can either of them do?" Sunset asked not looking impressed Twilight's move.

"Why don't we see what Sorcerer's ability has to say about that," Twilight said as her deck shuffled and then slotted a card out for her to take. Looking at it she smiled, "perfect."

Sunset didn't like the look on her face.

"I activate the Spellbook of Rebirth," Twilight said, "since I have a Spellcaster on my field I can use this card's effect to revive a monster in the graveyard." A flash of light shined and in its wake came Spirit Chanter, ready for what was to come. (A500/D300/L2)

"But if she tunes them together," Sunset realised she might be in trouble.

"It's go time!" Twilight almost yelled, "I tune Royal Charmer with Twilight Sorcerer and Spirit Chanter!" Her Tuner's staff gave off a brilliant light which almost blinded everyone. The light began to take shape, forming a twenty foot transparent version of Royal Charmer who held his hands together as Twilight Sorcerer and Spirit Chanter jumped between them into a ball of light. "Eternal Magic born from the united strength of friends working together," Twilight chanted as the two monsters became transparent before disappearing in an explosion of light that once again blinded everyone. "I SYNCHRO SUMMON!"

From the light came a new monster. It looked like Twilight Sorcerer only his overcoat were now flowing purple robes, with a larger hat and golden version of his staff. "Imperial Magician of Twilight." (A3500/D2800/L10)

Everyone was in awe at the sight of Twilight's new monster. They'd never seen her use anything like this before.

"Impressive," Sunset said, "but it's not enough to defeat me."

"Oh really," Twilight said, "well see if you think the same after I activate Imperial Magician's ability. First I attack Solar Phoenix Rebirth," she said as her monster levitated itself into the air and then raised its staff towards the giant bird. "Now whenever my Magician attacks, I can remove any number of Spellbooks in my graveyard from play and for each one I can drain five hundred points from your Solar Phoenix Rebirth."

"WHAT!?" Sunset screamed as she watched Twilight remove six cards from her graveyard.

"Don't worry," she said, "their going to a good cause. My Imperial Magician of Twilight gains the same number of points, as your Phoenix loses." In that moment six different Spellbooks appeared infront of the Spellcaster, which all opened and fired a beam of light at Solar Phoenix Rebirth. As the six beams of light struck it the Synchro Monster cried out as its power was drained. (A0/D2500/L8)

Once that happened the six books closed then flew around Imperial Magician of Twilight and formed a circle, before opening and shooting the beams at him. Unlike before as the beams hit him he felt a rush of power as he gained the strength sapped from Rebirth. (A6500/D2800/L10)

"It...can't be," Sunset said, not believing what was happening.

"Oh it can be," Twilight said, "let's do this Imperial Magician of Twilight. ROYAL BLAST!" The Magician fired a massive burst of magical energy, which rocked the earth as it flew toward Solar Phoenix Rebirth. Finally it struck the bird, vaporising it along with the rest of Sunset's monsters.

As Sunset felt the attack wash over her and send her flying off her feet, she felt something inside her click. "I get it now," Sunset said, "why you were so interested in her." With that she smiled.

Twilight: 900 (Winner)
Sunset: 0

As the monsters vanished, everyone was speechless at what had just happened, until finally the silence was broken by Spike.

"SHE DID IT!" He screamed as he jumped in the air.

"YEEHA!" Applejack screamed happily.

Twilight fell to her knees, panting after the tough Duel, but she still smiled. She'd done it, she'd settled the score.

"Twilight," she looked up to see Sunset standing over her, "congrats. You've proven you are the one."

Twilight raised an eyebrow at this. "The one for what?"

"To stand by Flash when the time comes," Sunset said. "You once asked me what Cold has planned for Pendulum card and I didn't say anything. The fact is I had two reasons. The first is because I don't know myself, but I know its not for anything bad. Cold's a good person."

"And the other?"

"Because I didn't think it mattered if you knew," Sunset said, "I thought you were nothing special. But now I see why Cold was so interested in you." She went to her DPM and pressed a button, causing Twilight's to beep making her look down at it.

Twilight Sparkle: 8550Ps

"Wow," Spike said when he and Applejack looked at the points, "that's sure to get you into the finals."

"You earned them," Sunset said turning to leave. "Be careful," she said, "something big is coming and depending on the circumstances your friend Flash might be involved."

"Flash?" Twilight asked, "what do you know?"

"All I know is your friend has one final test before I can be certain," she replied, "and depending on its outcome he might need your help. I was ordered to test you to see if you could handle it and replace you if you couldn't."

"And?"

"Looks like I get to stay in bed tomorrow," was the last thing she said before she left.

"I wonder what all that was about," Applejack asked.

"If what she said is true," Twilight said, "then we'll need to be careful.


In his office Cold was sitting at a computer which had pictures of all of Flash's friends, their points and best cards. He then pressed a button and the screen switched to a picture of Flash, Flash Heart and the blank card Grand Hoof had given him.

"Times running out," he said, "no choice. One final chance, then I'll have no choice.

Author's Note:

What did you think to Twilight's answer to Majestic Star Dragon?

We're into the home stretch now.

PreviousChapters Next