• Published 21st Nov 2016
  • 11,365 Views, 602 Comments

Yugioh EQG - Banshee531



A young antisocial teen receives a deck of Duel Monster cards and is thrust into an amazing adventure. How will he fair when the fate of the world rest on his shoulders.

  • ...
11
 602
 11,365

PreviousChapters Next
Turn 28, Party Time

It's was the last day of week one of the tournament, and we find Rarity and Applejack participating in a Tag-Duel against two young boys named Snips and Snails.

Rarity/Applejack: 3200
Snips/Snails: 800

Currently Snips and Snails only had one monster on the field named Great Defender, who was a large stone creature in DEF mode. (A100/D2700/L6)

While Applejack and Rarity didn't have any monsters on the field.

"It's my turn" Rarity said, "I draw and activate Gem-Knight Fusion. This card lets me Fusion Summon a Gem-Knight," she took two cards from her hand and placed them in the graveyard. "I fuse Gem-Knight Tourmaline and Gem-Knight Sapphire" a portal appeared with the remains of her monsters. "The stone warrior in armour of lightning and the ever flowing warrior in armour of water, come together as one" and portal exploded in light. "I FUSION SUMMON!"

The light faded revealing a knight like monster with bronze armour and odd looking weapons in its hands. "Gem-Knight Topaz." (A1800/D1800/L6)

"That monster won't even scratch our Defender" Snips said.

"Yeah" Snails said, before turning to his partner. "Why not?"

"He will when I equip him with Gem-Knight Sword which will increase his ATK power by one thousand," a jewel encrusted sword appeared in the knights hands. (A2800/D1800/L6) "And now I attack your Great Defender," Topaz flew at Defender and slashed through it. "When Topaz destroys a monster he can deal you damage equal to its ATK."

Rarity/Applejack: 3200
Snips/Snails: 700

"And plus Topaz can attack twice," the large knight swung its sword at Snips and beat him."

Rarity/Applejack: 3200 (Winners)
Snips/Snails: 0

"ALRIGHT" Rarity and Applejack high fived as the monsters faded.

"YOU WON" Pinkie screamed happily from the sidelines.

After the points transfer the girls were walking through town, while looking for their next opponent.

"So how well do ya think we're doing right now?" Applejack asked.

"We won't know for sure until the final day of the first round" Rarity said, "it's only then we'll learn whether or not we qualify for the finals."

"Yep, yep, yep" Pinkie said, bouncing up the street. "And when we get there I'll throw everyone a massive party to celebrate."

"Can't wait" Applejack said.

"Indeed" Rarity said.

At that moment the three of them turned a corner and found themselves at the back of a large crowd.

"What's going on?" Applejack asked, trying to see over the heads of everyone.

"What are all these people looking at?" Rarity asked.

Pinkie tried to look over the heads of everyone, but when she couldn't see anything she looked down and noticed a gap between everyone's feet. Getting on her hands and knees she began crawling through the jungle of legs, until she finally found herself in the middle of a circus.

Lights and colour were everywhere around her as she looked up at the spectacle, as many different monsters jumped around and threw things into the air. In the middle of them was a guy a year or so older then her, with light orange skin and bubbly out of control brown hair. He wore a yellow shirt and brown pants, while also playing an accordion his monsters danced to.

Finally the music stopped as the monsters finished their performance and bowed before disappearing. "Ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls, I hope you enjoyed our performance extravaganza."

Everyone cheered and clapped at the show before finally taking their leave.

As the teen put away his Duel Disk and accordion, he turned and then noticed that a certain pink haired psycho girl was still sitting on the ground. Her eyes still wide, filled with wonder and amazement, and her mouth was hanging so wide a train the drive through.

"Well hay there little lady" he said, "what can I do for ya?"

"That was...it was...you were..." Pinkie couldn't figure out what to say.

"Sorry about her" Rarity said, as she and Applejack finally reached them.

"It's okay" the guy said, "name's Cheese Sandwich though my friends call me Cheese."

"Howdy partner," Applejack said, "names Applejack." She turned to her friends, "this here's Rarity."

"Charmed."

"And the one on the floor's Pinkie Pie."

"That was...AMAZING" she screamed finally finding the words. "The lights, the colours, the music. I've never seen anything like that."

"Well thanks" Cheese said, "Just as long as people smiled I'm happy."

"I know it made people smile" Pinkie said, "I wish I could do it so easily."

"Sound like another aspiring Dueltainer who wants to spread joy" Cheese said, "that's what I live for."

"A Duellist like you must be in the Celestic Cup" Rarity said.

"Yes indeed" Cheese said, showing a yellow DPM. "If I make it to the finals then I can Dueltain to a whole stadium and spread joy and laughter across the nation."

"Me to, me to" Pinkie said, bouncing up and down.

Rarity and Applejack shared a look and smiled nodding.

"Hey why don't you two Duel?" Applejack asked, pointing between them. "I bet a match between you two would by great."

Cheese and Pinkie looked at each other and smiled thinking how much fun they'd have against each other. "Alright" Cheese said, "but let's do this right."

Twenty minutes later Pinkie and Cheese were facing off against each other, as a crowd formed around them.

"Whose ready for some Dueltainment?" Cheese asked the audience.

"You all ready to party with our monsters?" Pinkie followed.

The crowd cheered and clapped as the two prepared themselves.

"How many points you wanna bet?" Cheese asked.

"How about three hundred points?" Pinkie said.

"I'm good with that" Cheese said, as he affixed a yellow Duel Disk to his arm.

"Then let's GO" Pinkie screamed, attaching her Duel Disk to her arm.

"DUEL!"

Pinkie: 4000
Cheese: 4000

"Me first" Pinkie said, drawing with a spin, "I summon Balloonimal Lion in ATK mode" her balloon animal appeared. (A1500/D1200/L4) "I set a face down and end my turrrrnnnn."

The audience clapped at the sight of Pinkie's lion. "Look mommy" a little girl said clapping, "I want one."

"Nice card" Cheese said, "this will be fun." He drew and smiled, "I summon Performapal Jestar in attack mode." A man appeared in purple jester clothing with star patterns sowed on. Star shaped bells hung from the cuffs of his sleeves, pants and the tips of his hat. (A300/D300/L4)

"Only three hundred ATK points?" Rarity asked.

"What's he up to?" Applejack asked.

"Now I activate Performapal Jestar's ability" Cheese said, as a six sided dice appeared in his hand. "I roll a dice and Jestar's points increase by the number I roll." He threw the dice into the air before it hit the ground and began rolling, slowly coming to a stop on...

6

"I rolled a six" Cheese said, "that means my Performapal's ATK and DEF strength increases by six times it's origanal value." The stars on Jestar's clothes glowed, as his power rose. (A1800/D1800/L4) "I attack," the jester ran at Pinkie's Balloonimal and once close threw a strong kick to it. But before the attack could make contact, a large red balloon appeared between them and took the hit and popped.

"Sorry" Pinkie said cheerily, "but that's a no no thanks to my Balloonimal Guard Trap. It protects my Balloonimal from going pop once this turn."

"Okay" Cheese said, "I place a card face down and end my turn." Performapal Jestar's points returned to normal.

"My draw" Pinkie said, drawing with another spin, "and I play the Spell card Polymerisation. Now I can fuse my Balloonimal Lion, with the Balloonimal Fish in my hand" her aquatic Balloonimal appeared next to the lion, before they were sucked into a portal. "Now watch as I fuse the mighty strength of a lion with a fish's watery wit, AND FUSION SUMMON!"

The portal exploded, revealing a new monster. The front half was Balloonimal Lion, only now it was made of blue balloons with a white balloon mane. The back half was Balloonimal Fish's tail. "Balloonimal Merlion." (A2100/D1700/L5)

"Pinkie's deck is so diverse" Rarity said with a smile.

"Yep" Applejack said, "she could Fusion Summon using any two of her Balloonimals."

"Now Balloonimal Merlion attack Performapal Jestar" Pinkie said, as her monster used its front paws and tail to leap into the air towards Jestar.

"I activate my Trap, Command Performance. This card forces all your monsters into DEF mode and they can't which back until the end of my next turn." Merlion rolled into a ball as Jestar narrowly dodged its attack, before it rolled back to Pinkie in DEF mode.

"I end my turn" Pinkie said.

"My draw" Cheese said, "I summon Performapal Acrobat Squirrel." A brown flying squirrel, wearing an old fashioned flying helmet and goggles appeared on the field. (A1200/D1300/L3) "And I activate Jestar's ability" another dice appeared in his hand, which he threw into the air before it landed showing...

4

"That's a four, meaning I increase Jestar's points by four times its origanal points." (A1200/D1200/L4)

"That won't be enough to get passed Pinkie's monster" Applejack said.

"Now I activate Acrobat Squirrel's ability" the Squirrel took to the skies, "by giving up six hundred ATK points my squirrel power up another Performapal by the same amount." The squirrel spun around in the air as it glowed and transferred the power to Jestar. (A600/D1300/L3), (A1800/D1200/L4)

"Oh Dear" Rarity said.

"I attack with Jestar" the clown once again charged and threw a kick, bursting the Balloon Fusion Monster.

"Merlion" Pinkie called covering her face from the force.

"And now Acrobat Squirrel will attack" the squirrel flew through the air and spun around, wracking Pinkie on the head with its tail.

Pinkie: 3400
Cheese: 4000

"And finally I activate my squirrels other ability, to pay six hundred ATK points to add a Spell or Trap from my grave to the hand." Once again the Squirrel glowed as it spun around and lowered its points. (A0/D1300/L3)

Cheese revealed Performance Command as he added it to his hand. "I set one card face down and end my turn." Jestar's points lowered (A900/D300/L4)

"So Acrobat Squirrel's ability stays active even after the turn ends?" Applejack said.

"Meaning next turn he can multiply nine hundred by the dice rolls" Rarity said, "plus that face down's gotta be Performance Command."

"Pinkie's gotta get rid of it" Applejack agreed.

"My draw" Pinkie said spinning around before smiling, "I play Swing of Memories. Now I can summon a Normal Monster from my graveyard, so I'm pumping some air back into Balloonimal Fish" the blue fish shaped balloon animal appeared on the field. (A1000/D500/L3) "And now I activate Balloon Gale, which causes my fish to go pop and then return a number of cards in your Spell and Trap card zone to your hand equal to my fish's level." Balloonimal Fish burst creating a powerful wind, "Balloonimal Fish is Level three so that's three cards returned to your hand, but since you only have one."

Cheese's face down blew back into his hand.

"And now I-" but before she could finish her sentence a loud pop interrupted her, as a pair of large boxes appeared in the air before falling on top of Cheese's monsters. "What the?"

"It's my Performapal Vanishing Act" Cheese said showing a Spell card in his hand. "It activates whenever it leaves the field."

"So that face down wasn't Performance Command?" Pinkie asked.

"Nope" Cheese said.

"He used it as a decoy" Rarity said.

"But how'd he know Pinkie would draw a Spell to remove it from the field?" Applejack asked.

"I had a hunch" Cheese said, "and now the ability of Performapal Vanishing Act. It allows me to summon a high level Performapal from my deck, by sacrificing the same number of Performapals as I would need to tribute to Normal Summon it. I've selected a Level seven monster, meaning I require two tributes." The boxes exploded revealing a new monster. It was a man in wizards clothing designed around a circus conductor and top hat. He carried a black staff and wore a mask around his mouth with a smile pattern sowed in. "Appear on the stage, Performapal Conductor Magician." (A2600/D1900/L7)

"Man he's more then an entertainer" Applejack said, "he's got skill."

Pinkie had to agree. "I summon Balloonimal Dog in DEF mode," the red balloon animal appeared. (A1000/D1000/L3) "I end my turn."

"My draw" Cheese said, "and with it I activate Conductor Magician's ability," The wizard waved his staff above his head. "Now we both declare a word and reveal the top three cards of our deck, and any monster with that word in the card name can summon it. Any card that doesn't have the word in its card name goes to the graveyard and we take four hundred points of damage each."

"That's kind of a risk isn't it?" Rarity asked.

"Who cares" Pinkie said, "it's sound like tons of fun."

"Then let's go, I declare Performapal."

"And I pick Balloonimal"

They both draw three cards and looked at them. "I only got one Performapal" Cheese said, sending two others to his grave."

"I got two" Pinkie said with a smile."

As the three cards were sent to the graveyard they each took the damage.

Pinkie: 3000
Cheese: 3200

"Now we can summon our monsters" Cheese said, "I summon Performapal Springoose in ATK mode." A large goose appeared on the field, its midsection being an actual Spring. (A1100/D2400/L5)

"And I can summon another Balloonimal Dog and a Balloonimal Hippo, both in DEF mode." A second Balloonimal Dog appeared alongside a purple Balloonimal shaped like a hippo. (A1200/D1600/L4)

"And now my Springoose will attack your Balloonimal Dog," the large bird took flight and flew towards the Balloonimal before using its wing to strike and burst it. "And now Conductor Magician will attack Balloonimal Hippo," the wizard's cane went poof and was replaced with a whip which it lashed at the hippo destroying it. "I end my turn."

"My draw, and I summon Balloonimal Alligator in ATK mode." A bunch of green balloons appeared, which twisted together into the shape of an alligator. (A1600/D1400/L4) "Attack Springoose" the alligator charged at the bird, and with one snap of its jaws it was destroyed.

Pinkie: 3000
Cheese: 2700

"I end my turn."

"My draw" Cheese said, "and once again I'll activate Conductor Magician's ability to declare Performapal."

"And Balloonimal" Pinkie said.

The magician waved his cane again and allowed them to draw three cards as they both smiled.

"I got three" they both said.

"I summon Balloonimal Turtle, Giraffe and Elephant all in DEF mode." A trio of balloon animals appeared, including a blue turtle with a yellow shell, an orange giraffe and a grey elephant. (A800/D2000/L4), (A1700/D1800/L5), (A1800/D2000/L6)

"I summon Performapal Buggler times two and Performapal Swordfish." A pair of humanoid insects appeared, each juggling five brown balls in their several arms. Also appearing on the field was an Elvis faced fish with a blade like hairpiece. (A1900/D300/L4)X2, (A600/D600/L2) "I activate Sword Fish's ability, to reduce your monsters ATK and DEF points by six hundred until the End Phase." The Swordfish fired a barrage of swords that surrounded Pinkie's monsters.

As the swords landed Pinkie's monsters felt their power drain. (A1000/D800/L4), (A200/D1400/L4), (A1100/D1200/L5), (A1200/D1400/L6)

"Conductor Magician attack Balloonimal Alligator," once again the magician's staff changed into a whip which was used to slash through Alligator.

Pinkie: 1400
Cheese: 2700

"Now my two Bugglers will attack your Giraffe and Elephant," the two bug-men threw their juggling balls at the defending monsters destroying them.

"I end my turn with two face downs" Cheese said.

"It's my...draw" Pinkie drew knowing this would come to an end on his next turn if she couldn't beat him. As she looked at her card she smiled, "I play Surprise Draw. This card makes my Balloonimal Turtle go pop and in return I card draw one card for each of its level points." Her turtle burst as she drew four cards and her smile grew wider, at the sight what she got.

"She's about ta pull off something big" Applejack said, knowing that look.

"I summon my third Balloonimal Dog" the third red twist balloon dog appeared, "and now I play Fusion Pop. This Spell card lets me perform a Balloonimal Fusion Summon by removing the materials from my field and graveyard." Her Balloonimal Dog burst, before being sucked into a portal "Now I can remove my three Balloonimal Dogs," Pinkie said doing so, "allowing me to FUSION SUMMON!"

The portal exploded revealing the new monster. "The creature was a bulkier version of Balloonimal Dog, that was about the size of an elephant but had three heads. "Balloonimal Cerberus." (A3000/D3000/L9)

"Wow Nelly" Applejack cheered.

"That's just the card she needed" Rarity said.

"I attack Performapal Swordfish with Balloonimal Cerberus" Pinkie ordered her monster as it charged.

"I activate my face down Performance Command" Cheese said, only for his trap not to work.

"Sorry Cheesy" Pinkie said, "but when Cerberus attacks you can't activate Spell or Traps until after the attack."

"Is that so?" Cheese said, as his monster was destroyed by the three headed balloon animal.

Pinkie: 1400
Cheese: 300

"Pinkie took the lead" Rarity cheered.

"Wait" Applejack said as she saw the dust settle, "look."

Everyone looked into the dust and saw something glowing. Finally from out of the dust came a metal ring with fire circling it, which flew through the air and attached itself around Balloonimal Cerberus's neck before exploding.

The explosion knocked both Cheese and Pinkie off their feet.

Pinkie: 0 (Draw)
Cheese: 0 (Draw)

"It's a tie" Applejack said in shock.

"Ring of Destruction" Rarity said, "it destroys a monster on the field and inflicts damage to every player equal to its ATK points."

Pinkie and Cheese pulled themselves up and shared a gaze at each other, until finally they snickered and broke out laughing as they laid back. "That was AWESOME!" Pinkie cheered.

"It sure was" Cheese said, "I don't think I've had such a fun Duel. And listen to that crowd."

The crowd that had been watching them all cheered at the performance, clapping and yelling out how much fun it was to watch. After some time the cheers died down and the crowd dispersed, leaving just the four Duellists who were preparing to leave.

"So since it was a tie I guess no one gets any points" Applejack said.

Pinkie and Cheese shared another look and smiled thinking the same thing. They both held up their DPMs and pressed the button, transferring the same amount of points to each other making their points unchanged.

"That works" Rarity said chuckling.

"Well I must be off" Cheese said, suddenly dressed in a poncho and hat, "more Duellists to Duel, more people to Dueltain." As he walked off her turned back to Pinkie, "you got a lot of potential as a Dueltainer little missy. Just keep doing what your doing and bring people joy and laughter."

"I will" Pinkie said with a smile, "and you keep doing that too."

"Promise" Cheese said, before walking into the sunset like a desperado in a western movie.

There are many types of Duellists in this world. And when two similar Duellists meet, their skill and love for the game can increase beyond its limits.

Author's Note:

Hope you enjoyed Cheese Sandwich's appearance. I couldn't think of anything other then Performapals for his deck. What would you have used?

Next Time a major Duel will take place.

PreviousChapters Next