• Published 21st Nov 2016
  • 11,331 Views, 602 Comments

Yugioh EQG - Banshee531



A young antisocial teen receives a deck of Duel Monster cards and is thrust into an amazing adventure. How will he fair when the fate of the world rest on his shoulders.

  • ...
11
 602
 11,331

PreviousChapters Next
Turn 17, The Pound of Music pt1

Flash was walking through the stadium looking for his friends. After the first round the contestants were given a half hour reprieve, before the next round started.

Despite his victory Flash was still a little shaken due to how difficult it had been. Plus the fact that he was still reeling from the last Duel, after all hologram or not you didn't just brush off the fact that a building fell on top of you.

Suddenly a sound hit his ears. It was a soothing melody which filled the air around him and caused all his fears and worries, to just melt away.

Following the sound he found a girl sitting on a bench playing a harp. She had aquamarine skin and hair, wore a pink top and dark blue shorts and around her neck was a necklace of a harp. In he hand was a small harp which the music was resonating from.

Once she finished Flash did a small clap, "that was very good" he said, getting her attention.

She looked up at him and smiled. "Thanks" she said, "I find it relaxes me before a Duel."

"You in the tournament?" he asked.

"Yes I am" she replied, "the names Lyra, Lyra Heartstrings."

"Flash Sentry" he replied, "so I'm guessing that if your trying to relax yourself then you won your Duel."

"Yep" Lyra replied, "my opponent didn't stand of a chance. He actually quit halfway through."

"Really?" Flash asked.

"What can I say" she said, "I guess my stratagy was just to much."

"Wish I could say the same" Flash said, "I won mine by the skin of my teeth."

"Was it your first time on an Action Field?" Lyra asked, and when he nodded she continued. "Everyone has trouble in their first Action Duel, but once you've got the hang of it then you'll be fine."

"I guess" Flash said.

"Well it was nice meeting you" Lyra said, "I need to go prepare for my next match."

"Well good luck" Flash said.

"You to" Lyra replied before walking away.

Seconds after she was gone a voice caught his attention. "Flash!" He turned to see his friends running towards him.

"Hey guys...OW" he cried as Twilight slapped him across the face.

"ARE YOU INSANE FLASH SENTRY?" she screamed, "pulling a stunt like that."

"What's the problem?" he said, "I won didn't I?"

"Only by putting yourself in unthinkable danger" Rarity said.

"Look I won" Flash said, "and to me that's all that matters. So excuse me if my methods are a little extreme."

"You call jumping into a collapsing building a little extreme?" Rainbow said.

"Okay fine" Flash said, "I'm sorry...better."

"A little" Twilight said, "but don't pull anything like that again."

"I won't" Flash said, "promise."

"Good" Twilight said, before smiling "then congratulations. I can't believe you pulled it off."

"Wow Nelly it looked like you were out back there" Applejack said, "but ya did it."

"That tornado looked super fun to be in" Pinkie said.

"It was pretty cool" Flash said, "I'm just lucky I grabbed the card."

"Well you can't relax yet" Rarity said, "the competition is only going to get tougher."

"I know that" Flash said. He pulled out his deck and shuffled out his best card, "but as long as I've got you I know I've got a chance."

"You'll need to be careful" Scootaloo said, "we saw what your opponent could do and-"

"Stop" Flash said holding his hand up to her face, "I don't want to know."

"But if you don't know" Scootaloo began.

"I'll figure it out" Flash replied, "I'll never grow as a Duellist if I know what my opponent is going to do. It's the unexpected that'll help me get better.

"I guess" Scootaloo said, though she sounded worried.

"Well then you'd better get back to your room" Twilight told him.

"Right" Flash said, "wish me luck." He began walking away, but then heard Rarity say.

"Meet us back here after the match, so we're not aimlessly wondering around to find each other."

"Got it" he said as he returned to his room, to wait for his match to start.


Meanwhile Cold was in his office waiting for the match to start.

Sunset arrived now carrying a bag of chips. "I got snacks. This should tie us over till after the match, then we can get lunch."

"Must everything be a joke to you?" Cold asked.

"Hey, until you get me a real assignment, I'll do whatever I want to pass the time.

"Your mission will begin the second the Celestic Cup starts."

"I still don't get why you want me to focus on that girl?" Sunset asks "she doesn't seem like anything special."

"Just do as I say" Cold said.

"Fine" she replied, "but since the tournament is a ways off. I'm vegging." She sat on a couch and opened the bag, as the match began.


Celestia: It's time for the second round to begin. The excitement is sure to be twice that of the last round, so lets get our competitors on stage.

Flash walked out onto the field where the the ref stood. And walking out from the opposite direction was none other then Lyra Heartstrings.

Flash shouldn't have been to surprised since she had said she was in the tournament, so facing her would have happened eventually. He just hadn't expected it to be so soon.

"Fancy meeting you here" she said with a smile.

"Yeah" Flash replied, "what are the odds?"

"I think this is going to be fun" she said, taking out her aquamarine Duel Disk and fixing it to her arm.

"I hope so" Flash replied doing the same.

Celestia: It seems our competitors are ready. So lets get this started and chose our Action Field.

She pressed the button on her remote and in that second the floor glowed as it formed the Duel Field.

"AUGMENTED REALITY COMBAT SYSTEM ENERGISED."

In the blink of an eye Flash had been transported into a giant room filled will massive instruments. Flash felt like he had somehow shrunk since comparing himself to a nearby flute would put him at about five inches tall.

Celestia: It's the Giant's Orchestra.

"Just my luck" Lyra said.

"What do you mean?" Flash asked.

"This is my field" Lyra explained.

Flash sighed hearing her say this. Twice now he had to face his opponent on a field they did well on. "Doesn't matter" Flash said, "I beat Gizmo on his field and I can beat her the hers."


Up in the stands a girl walked in. She had creamy skin and blue and pink hair. She wore a white dress with yellow and blue trim.

"Lyra" she said sadly, "what happened to you?"


Celestia: Let's get this started. In three.

Audience: TWO

Celestia: ONE

"DUEL!"

Flash: 4000
Lyra: 4000

"ACTION CARDS DISPERSED"

"I'll take the first move" Lyra said, "and I think I'll go with the Spirit of the Harp in DEF mode." A woman in a yellow robe appeared alongside a giant harp. (A800/D2000/L4) "Next I'll place two cards face down and end my turn."

"My draw" Flash said, "I'll summon Starbreak Dragon in ATK mode." (A1500/D1200/L4) "And I'll play Lightspeed." (A2500/D1200/L4) "Now attack" the dragon flew up and swung its axes which slashed through the woman. "I'll set two cards face down and end my turn."

"My draw" Lyra said, "I summon another Spirit of the Harp in ATK mode." (A800/D2000/L4) "And now I'll activate the Spell card Music of Reversal, which switches the ATK and DEF points of my Spirit." (A2000/D800/L4) "Now I attack" the woman strung the harp, the music creating shock waves that hit the dragon destroying it.

Flash: 3500
Lyra: 4000

"I activate my trap card, Stardust Draw. Now I get to draw four cards"

"I end my turn" Lyra said.

"It's my draw" Flash looked at the cards he had and smiled, "I'll use Scale two Magna Fighter Lucidum and Scale eight Magna Caster Solaris to set the Pendulum Scale." The pillars of light appeared and the two monsters entered them. "Now watch as I now have the power to summon monsters, whose levels are three through seven all at the same time. Cut through space time and carve the arc of victory." The portal formed above him. "I PENDULUM SUMMON!"

The portal opened and three beams of light shot out.

"Snap to it, Lumino Jaw Dragon." (A2300/D1600/L5/P5)

"Howl to the moon, Shine Crest Magna Wolf." (A1200/D1100/L3)

"Sky high, Brass Wing Magna Hawk." (A1400/D800/L4)

Celestia: There it is. The amazing Pendulum Summon. How will Miss Heartstrings deal with this?

"Lumino Jaw Dragon and Brass Wing Magna Hawk's abilities both activate, since they were special summoned" Flash said. "Lumino Jaw's sends every card in your Spell and Trap card zone to the bottom of your deck, and Magna Hawk's forces you to return three cards in your hand to the deck, shuffle and draw the same number of cards."

Lyra did so.

"Now Magna Wolf's skill. For every card returned to your deck, he gets a power boost of three hundred points. I count four cards, so that's and extra twelve hundred points till the end of the turn. (A2400/D1100/L3) "Plus Lucidum's Pendulum ability raises the attack power of every Pendulum Monster by five hundred, so Lumino Jaw's getting a power boost. (A2800/D1600/L5/P5)

"If his next move works then Flash will take the lead" Pinkie said.

"Do it Flash" Scootaloo cheered.

"Don't be so sure of that" Twilight said, "you saw what she's capable of last round."

"Magna Hawk attacks" Flash said. His mechanical bird flew at the monster, its metal talons primed.

Lyra quickly spun around and ran away. Flash knew she was heading for an Action Card, but as long as his monster destroyed hers before she found one he would be fine.

Lyra ran towards a large drum, which she used her monster's harp as a spring board to jump onto. The drum acted as a trampoline which catapulted her upwards towards a grand piano, where an Action Card was jammed in the lid, and she grabbed it before landing on top. "I activate the Action Card Defensive Dance Style, which will create a melody that my monster will dance into DEF mode to." True to her word her Duel Disk blurted out music which her monster began to dance to, before kneeling down.

"Magna Hawk stop" Flash ordered, as his monster pulled up and soared over the monster. "Magna Wolf go" Flash's monster pounced on Spirit of the Harp, destroying her. "Now Lumino Jaw Dragon attacks" the dragon flew towards Lyra, who ran to the edge of the piano and jumped off towards a saxophone.

She landed and grabbed an Action Card, "I activate Summoners Flute. This Action Card lets me draw a card from my deck, and if it's a monster I can summon it." She drew her card and smiled, "I summon Master Composer" a man in suit and bow tie appeared in DEF mode. (A1700/D1300/L4)

Lumino Jaw Dragon's fire hit the new monster, destroying it but Lyra's points remained safe.

"I end my turn" Flash said.

"My draw" she said, smiling at what she had drawn. "First I'll activate Cost Down, so I'll ditch a card and lower the level of a monster in my hand. Now I can summon Maiden of the Enchanted Harp in ATK mode" a woman in majestic ropes appeared. She carried a hand harp made entirely out of crystal. (A0/D0/L6)

"A level six monster with no ATK or DEF points?" Flash asked, "what's she planning?"

Up in the stands the girls were worried seeing that monster.

"This is going the same way her last Duel went" Sweetie said.

"Except Flash isn't going to lose to it" Scootaloo said, confidant that her brother had the skills to beat her technique.

"I activate Maiden of the Enchanted Harps ability" Lyra said, "I discard level five Grand Maestro."

"Her ability is discarding a card?" Flash asked, but a second later he got his answer.

Maiden of the Enchanted Harp strummed her crystal harp causing some sort of waves towards him and his monsters.

"What's happening" Flash asked, but then something caught his attention. Lumino Jaw Dragon slowly began to fly towards Lyra's monster. "Lumino, where you going?" Flash asked.

"He's heard the sound on my Maiden and has fallen under her spell. Now he works for me." The dragon spun around and stared at its former master, his eyes now shinning red.

"Your controlling my monster?" Flash asked.

"By discarding a monster of the same level Maiden of Enchanted Harp can equip herself to a monster on the field and lets me take control of it."

"So she can just take my strongest monsters at will" Flash asked.

Celestia: Once again Lyra is showing her alluring Duel style. This is how she achieved victory in her first round match.

"It is?" Flash asked hearing her say that. It made sense that her opponent would forfeit if she stole their cards.

"Now Lumino Jaw Dragon attack Magna Hawk" Flash's brainwashed monster flew towards the robotic bird and fired its flames at it destroying it.

Flash: 2600
Lyra: 4000

"Why did she destroy Magna Hawk?" Applebloom asked, "Magna Wolf has less ATK points and would have caused more damage."

"She's not just focusing on life points but the field" Applejack explained to her sister.

"Take a closer look at the field" Twilight continued.

Everyone examined Giant's Orchestra. It was basically a giant music room.

"All the Action Cards are in the instruments" Twilight explained, "and since the instruments are so large getting the cards is going to be tricky. Unless you have a monster that can fly."

"Oh I get it now" Applebloom said, "she destroyed Magna Hawk so Flash would be grounded."

"Magna Wolf is fast but it wouldn't be get him high enough to grab any Action Cards" Twilight said, "limiting your opponents movements is a smart stratagy in an Action Duel."

"I end my turn" Lyra said.

"There's only one way I'm going to beat her now she has Lumino Jaw Dragon" Flash told himself, as he placed his hand on his deck. "Let's do this bud...I DRAW" he drew, and without even looking he knew who he had drawn. "Once again my Pendulum Monsters will cut through space time and carve the arc of victory" the portal formed above his head. "I PENDULUM SUMMON!"

The portal opened and a stream of light shot out.

"Shine your light of victory, Flash Heart Dragon." (A2500/D2000/L7/P4)

"Now he's playing serious" Scootaloo cheered.

"With him out he can beat Lumino Jaw Dragon" Sweetie Bell agreed.

"Flash Heart's skill" Flash said, "Lumino Jaw Dragon will be sent to the bottom of the deck. Hate to do this but" the wormhole opened bellow the dragon, sucking it in and causing Maiden of the Enchanted Harp to be destroyed. "Now Magna Wolf's skill boosts him by three hundred points." (A1500/D1100/L3)

Flash jumped onto Flash Heart's back. "Mind giving Magna Wolf a lift?" Flash Heart grabbed the wolf and threw it at Lyra, "I attack with Magna Wolf. The wolf slashed Lyra across the chest.

Flash: 2600
Lyra: 2500

"I end my turn" Flash finished.


In his office Cold frowned seeing the last turn.

"Flash Heart Dragon" he said, "the two of them share more then just a name. I wonder how far that connection can take them? Maybe she can help me find out?"


After recovering from the attack Lyra leaped onto a giant cello before staring up at Flash who had ridden Flash Heart to a large tuba.

"Flash Heart Dragon" she said, "that's the card you've come to rely on. When all else fails you can trust him to save the day, am I right?"

"That's right" Flash said, "no matter what Flash Heart always has my back."

"Interesting" Lyra said, as she pulled an Action Card from the cello's strings. "I wonder what you'd do if you had to fight against it?"

"What are you talking about?" Flash asked.

"I activate the Action Spell, Musician's Comeback. This card lets me revive a monster in my graveyard, so rise again Maiden of the Enchanted Harp" her monster returned to the field. (A0/D0/L6)

"That card again" Flash said, only to realise what she was planning.

"And now" Lyra said, "I'll discard level seven Melodious Harpist."

"Oh no" Flash yelled.

"Do it Maiden" she said, as her monster strung her crystal harp and created sound waves that struck Flash Heart.

"Don't listen to it" he said, but it was useless. Flash Heart shuck itself causing its Duellist to be flung off his shoulder and onto the Tuba bellow, before it flew over to Lyra. His once blue eyes now shinning red. "FLASH HEART." he screamed.

"NOT HIM" the girls screamed.

"To late" she said, "he's fallen under my Maiden's spell. Your number one monster is mine."

"That can't be" Flash said in horror. How could his best card be so easily taken?

"Face it Flash" Lyra said, as she jumped up and sat on Flash Heart's shoulder. "I've just played your Swan Song."

Author's Note:

How's Flash going to defeat his own monster.

Also. HA knew you'd never get it.

Final note to any fan artists. I'm looking for cover art for this story and the Element of Courage, so anyone willing to give it a try can PM me any pictures they come up with. I'll keep it open until...the 1st of February, where I'll place the winning entry. The winner will get their name in the description, and if I can figure out how I'll add a link to any other fan art page they have. Good look.

PreviousChapters Next