• Published 23rd Aug 2016
  • 4,713 Views, 98 Comments

The Villain: Total Eclipse - Gear Spring

  • ...
16
 98
 4,713

The End

Magic envelops around an iron door, pushing it open with a shrill screech. Rust pours from the hinges, dusting across golden hooves. Princess Celestia marches in with a stern look upon her face. Behind her is her sister, who keeps her eyes locked on dreary gray stones that make up the floor. Hanging from the ceiling is a single lantern with a dying candle. It is the only light that occupies the space. No windows shed any natural light. When princesses reach the center of the room, they abruptly stop.

“Empress Twilight,” Celestia speaks clearly, “Were you successful?”

Standing by the far wall is the violet alicorn. Beside her is a small baby dragon. A heavy collar is fastened about his neck, with a metal chain bolting him to the wall. Spike looks defiantly at the two sisters who share a cold expression toward him.

Twilight Sparkle uncaringly steps between her mentor and the little dragon. The tip of her horn is blanketed in magic as two sigils pop into existence before her. On her left is an emblem that is a golden sunshine. Light pours of it, basking the dungeon in a warm glow. To her right is a mark of the crescent moon. Darkness swallows the light around it, draining the heat and leaving only a bitter cold.

“I have retrieved the magic that was taken from you by Spike,” she says. Her horn brightens as the two sigils float toward their respective princesses. The magic is absorbed into Celestia and Luna, and seems to brighten both alicorns.

“You have done well, Twilight,” Princess Luna speaks with a smile.

“Thank you,” the empress says, but then looks behind her to Spike, “What will you do with him?”

Princess Celestia steps forward, “We cannot let him stay in Equestria after all the destruction he has caused. The ponies would be in an uproar if we did.”

“We will have no choice, but to banish him to the Dragon Lands,” Luna adds. “He will live out the rest of his days with his kind.”

Twilight Sparkle smiles, “That sounds like it would be for the best.”

“Indeed,” Celestia remarks. “But first, we should extract the elements from you, Twilight. Now that the threat has passed.”

Spike quietly growls under his breath, which only Twilight manages to hear. She looks back to the little dragon, gazing into his emerald eyes. Turning to the princesses, she shakes her head.

“No, no I think I will hold onto this power,” the empress says.

“What?” Celestia is taken aback, a tinge of anger flashes across her face. “Surely, Princess Twilight…”

“Empress,” Twilight corrects her teacher. “You were the one after all who gave me the title. I have a feeling that threats may swarm Equestria now that the kingdom is in turmoil. It would be wise to hold onto this power until I see fit to relinquish it.”

“If,” Celestia suppresses herself, “If that is what you think is best, Empress Twilight, then I have no choice, but to trust you.”

“As will I,” Luna adds, looking as unnerved as her sister.

“Excellent,” Twilight fakes a smile.

Magic wraps around her form, cocooning her briefly before swelling and popping off her in thousands of magical rose petals. Instead of the majestic empress, it is just the ordinary Twilight Sparkle that must now look up to her teacher and princess.

“I would rather look like this when I am around my friends,” she says cheerfully. “It is hard enough not to get treated differently as princess.”

“Yes,” Princess Luna remarks.

“Now, Twilight,” Princess Celestia speaks calmly, “If you would be so kind, we would like to talk to Spike before we send him to the Dragon Lands. Alone…”

Although she tries her best to mask her emotions, this bothers Twilight Sparkle. Making a quick glance back to the baby dragon, she watches him nod. Without a word, she takes her leave of the princesses and their captive. Just as she steps through the doorway, the heavy hinges give a shrill cry as magic slams it shut. The horn on Celestia’s horn extinguishes after she closes the door.

Spike glares at the princesses, “You never had intention of letting me go to the Dragon Lands.”

“In order for you to rally the dragons to attack Equestria?” Celestia says. “Not likely.”

“Or rather I die and so does the truth, is that it?”

“You forced our hooves,” Luna jumps in.

Celestia nods, “We will put an end to this. Everything will be as it should be.”

“Will it really, Celestia,” Spike smiles. “You seemed a bit distraught that Twilight will not let go of her newfound power. Afraid of some other pony threatening your rule?”

“Twilight Sparkle can be handled, she is one of us,” Princess Celestia glowers.

“Sister,” Luna throws up a hoof in front of Celestia, “Do not let him agitate you any longer.”

The elder sister fumes, “You are right. Let us be rid of him and put this matter behind us.”

The two sisters stand side by side, and touch the tips of their horns. Magic flutters from their bodies, concentrating at the point where they meet. A great ball of white light forms, growing larger than the dragon that it targets. Spike watches his impending doom, yet smiles.

“You’re too late,” he smiles. “Everything will change…”

The ball of magical energy turns into a beam, engulfing the baby dragon. It swallows him whole.

***

Fire and fumes fill the air. It is enough to make a draconequus gag. Discord floats to a nearby rock to catch his breath, coughing on the smell of brimstone. Before the fits of coughing become too much, he snaps his fingers and a gas mask appears over his goat-like muzzle. He gasps a few times through the mask, which seems to settle his breathing.

“I cannot believe I agreed to do this,” he says to no one. “I owe that little lizard nothing.”

In a puff of clouds a small leather back appears in thin air, just to fall into his lap. Reaching inside he pulls out a large, yet strange egg. The shell it is a deep violet and looks as if one were appearing in the night sky. As he gazes into it the endless special abyss, the egg violently shakes.

“Calm down, you,” he smacks the shell. It stops moving. “We are almost there, keep your shell on.”

Discord seemingly grabs the air, and pulls. Like turning the page of a children’s book the landscape changes to a rocky wasteland with skies filled with dragons. The beasts gasp at the sight of the draconequus, and bear their fangs.

“Yes-yes, oh so very frightening,” he says nonchalantly. “I’m here to deliver a gift to the Dragon Lord.”

“And what would an outsider have that I desire?” he hears a powerful female voice boom.

Stepping from one of the caves is a blue dragon, clad in golden armor. Dragon Lord Ember opens her wings, floating down to meet the intruder with a careful gaze. That is when her eyes fall upon the egg.

“What. Is. That?” she asks.

Suddenly, the egg starts to thrash around. It pops out of Discord’s talons and falls to the ground. He tries to scoop it up, but the shell smashes against the unforgiving ground. There is a look of absolute horror on his face, that is until he sees something stirring beneath the shattered pieces. Moving a large chunk of egg is an infant dragon. It stands no bigger than the draconequus’ paw. The little one’s scales are a deep color of violet, and are swept in stardust. Tiny wings, too small for flight, protrude from his back. One is glowing like the sun, while the other shines like the moon. Discord smiles, as he scoops the baby up, and holds it out for the Dragon Lord to see.

“This, he, is your salvation,” he says. “Raise him right, and he will bring the Dragon Lands back to a glory that has been lost to history. He will grow up quickly, so change is just beyond the horizon.”

Ember looks at the babe skeptically, “And what will we call this great savior?”

“Throughout the forgotten history, he was the dragon god. He soared through the very heavens themselves, and commanded the sun and moon. He is the legendary Eclipse Dragon. But, to his friends, you may address him as Spike.”

Comments ( 14 )

Great end. It seems that everybody have a happy ending so far. I enjoyed this story.

Oh man, you made me hate Celestia and Luna. Good job. Shank the bitches.

Nother' sequel mabey?

“Will it really, Celestia,” Spike smiles. “You seemed a bit distraught that Twilight will not let go of her newfound power. Afraid of some other pony threatening your rule?”

:pinkiecrazy: I believe that Empress Twilight trusted Spike

I can only surmise there is to be a sequel as this ending didn't really resolve anything.
7967109
Please tell me the happy ending part was meant to be sarcastic. Story wise this is a great setup for another story, maybe even an ok ending, but this is anything but a happy ending. The sisters (mainly Celestia) who you can look at as the true villians won. There's no way Twilight is gonna be happy with this. Spike's revival and possible revelation of the truth to dragons may lead to a bitter and vicious war that could cost more lives which is what they were trying to avoid. Everypony with the exception of Twilight will now despise Spike as a villian for all of history unless the truth is brought forth. Twilight's relationship with Celestia will most likely fall apart due to the truth. And we're left uncertain of the fate of Cadence. Oh and let's not forget that from the sounds of it Luna is doubting this decision and is feeling guilt over it and we've seen what can come from that. Where in the midst of all that is there a happy ending? Story wise it is brilliantly done but it doesn't feel complete. My guess is that the point of this ending is to allow for a break in the conflict that lets the author change the pace and keep from feeling boxed in a corner at where the story was heading hence his post about another story in the same universe.

And thus Spyro The Dragon was born :rainbowlaugh:'

So spike recreated himself as an egg and let Celestia and Luna kill the old him
Pretty smart:ajsmug: but I must admit I wish those lying bitches would of got what was comming to them:twilightangry2:.
I hate it when liers like them go unpunished
Besides that really good story :pinkiehappy:

SEQUEL NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:flutterrage:

Before I read this, what is the Dark tag for ?
And how bad does it get ?

Comment posted by Aether Spark deleted Nov 8th, 2018

Ember looks at the babe skeptically, “And what will we call this great savior?”

Jesus.

This whole series is so cringe worthy.

Spike's not a villain, he's a very sympathetic anti-villain who has completely justifyable reasons for his actions.

“We will have no choice, but to banish him to the Dragon Lands,” Luna adds. “He will live out the rest of his days with his kind.”

Twilight Sparkle smiles, “That sounds like it would be for the best.”

Twilight, you're horrible. So, Discord, Luna, Trixie, and Starlight get to stay but not him? If she could stand up to the sisters about keeping the elements' power, why can't she do the same to defend Spike. If I was her, I'd just tell the ponies he's been banished, but keep him at house-arrest in the castle to 'rehabilitate' him. That way, as she and her friends will try and reform him, she will also find the truth behind Celestia and Luna taking his birthright.
Still, it was a great story, hope to see it continue.

Login or register to comment