• Published 8th Jun 2016
  • 2,921 Views, 54 Comments

Maximares Rising - Cydra



The Mane Six find themselves involved in multiple adventures throughout the Transformers multiverse with robotic bodies, trying to find each other and the reason they've been transformed.

  • ...
4
 54
 2,921

Equinaut vs. Cryotek

Maximares Rising

Chapter 13: Equinaut vs. Cryotek

Equestria had seen many epic battles, but never one this big. Well, technically, it wasn't actually happening on Equestria, but it was occurring in low orbit.

In orbit, a vast battle was being waged, the key note of the fight between two vast Titans, Fortress Maximus and Trypticon. The colossal combatants were actually pretty evenly matched. Fortress Maximus was freshly recharged with full fuel tanks of magic-based energon, his brain module was linked to two very intelligent individuals, and he had the backup of the Nebulos Defense Force, Division 66, and the ground teams firing the cannons. Trypticon, however, had a rebuilt body, was able to deploy ships to fight Maximus's helpers, and centuries of pent-up rage to vent.

"Autobot scum. You dare bring...organics to fight me?" Trypticon snapped, smashing a Division 66 ship as it got too close with an overhand slap.

"You've never been a real team player without someone to command you," said Fortress before the cannons on his legs opened fire.

Trypticon roared as the shots hit him before firing a laser bolt that barely missed Maximus and blew up a Nebulon battleship.

"Keep throwing your insects at me!" roared Trypticon, "I'll swat them all down!"

Maximus growled before snapping, "All ships, back off. He's mine."

"Are you sure? We can keep him disoriented," came the reply from NDF.

"I won't lose any more of you than I have to," said Fortress, "Anyways, Scorponok was more of a hassle than this lizard will ever be."

Trypticon paused. "Scorponok? That FAILURE? You DARE compare me to him?" he yelled.

"He wasn't the one that went all to pieces after the war," said Maximus tauntingly.

Trypticon roared at that, firing another blast at Maximus. "Well, that got his attention- Uh oh," said Maximus as Trypticon turned on his thruster and rammed into him.

"I'll show you 'going to pieces'! I'LL RIP YOUR SPARK OUT AND MAKE YOU EAT IT!" Trypticon roared, clawing.

"This is why no one likes getting close to you," said Maximus as he tried to keep Trypticon from biting on his shoulder.


The battle wasn't completely in space. Another important stage was actually happening inside Trypticon. The Maximares were taking on Cryotek to stop his evil plan once and for all. However, it wasn't going very well, for anyone.

Another movement threw the Maximares rolling, getting up just in time to avoid a hail of blasts from Cryotek.

"Did you really think you could-" started Cryotek before another shake threw off his aim. "Like I said, did you really think-" As Trypticon lurched, everyone was sent flying. "Did you-" An earsplitting roar sounded through the corridors. "Will you stop thrashing so much?!" snapped Cryotek.

"I'm busy settling a score, tiny!" snapped Trypticon's voice.

"This isn't really as epic as I was expecting," said Rainbow Dash.

"Yeah, it's like tryin' ta have a hoedown durin' an earthquake," said Applejack.

Cryotek grinned at that. "Then let's take it outside," he sneered, aiming at the wall.

"Wait, you can't fire at the wall!" yelled Twilight, "The pressure would suck you straight out into space!"

Cryotek paused and said, "Oh, you're right. I shouldn't blast apart the hull." The Maximares gave a sigh of relief. "I can just make it open up," said Trypticon before the Enigma of Combination lodged in his chest glowed. There was a low grinding sound as the room started rearranging itself.

The Maximares were sucked off their feet and into the inky black, Cryotek laughing, tracking them and waiting for them to vanish. "Well, that's that," said Cryotek, "Time to finish them off with the rear cannons."

"Hey in there! Stop rearranging me while I'm fighting!" snapped Trypticon's voice.

"I'm just dealing with a few pests," said Cryotek.

"Deal with them yourself!" snapped Trypticon. Cryotek yelped as the floor catapulted him out the hole as well.

As soon as Cryotek was out, the hull sealed itself. "Note to self: install more controllers in the brain module," said Cryotek.

He could see the Maximares up ahead, frowning as he could see their sparks were online. "Urgh...organics," he muttered, taking aim, "Well, this won't take long. These dull earthlings are helpless without gravity or an atmosphere," said Cryotek.

A second later, 6 energy blasts slammed into him, only his Trypticon-upgraded armor protecting him but also sending him spinning through the vacuum. "Oh, that is so annoying," said Cryotek before activating his thrusters and flying at them.

"You're not beating us that easy," snapped Rainbow dash, firing again as Cryotek charged

"Not easy? This armor is more than just fashion. Through it and with the Enigma, I have access to all of Trypticon's strength, defenses, and firepower," said Cryotek, "You don't stand a chance." With that he fired a shot that almost hit Twilight. "You're less than ants," Cryotek laughed

"The thing about ants is that they're strongest in numbers," said Fluttershy.

"But if you want to fight one-on-one, we can arrange that for you," said Rarity.

"Oh please, do try. I'll crush you one by one," sneered Cryotek.

"Not this one," said Pinkie.

"Maximares, unite!" called Twilight.

A glow surrounded them as they formed together, Applejack and Pinkie Pie forming the legs, Rainbow Dash and Fluttershy forming the arms, and Twilight Sparkle and Rarity forming the torso together. "Equinaut online," said the combiner in a blended voice.

"Oh please," sneered Cryotek, aiming and firing.

Equinaut flew out of the way. "It's actually easier to keep balance without gravity," said Equinaut.

"Don't count on it," said Cryotek before flying in, grabbing one leg, and sending the combiner into a spin. He followed up with a hail of energy blasts.

"WHOOOOooooOOOOooooOOOOAAA!" yelped Equinaut she tumbled through space.


Inside Equinaut's central processor, the six ponies that made up her consciousness were watching through her eyes. "This is not going how I expected," said Twilight.

"None of us expected this, darling," yelped Rarity.

"Well, we need ta pull ourselves together if we wanna beat Cryotek," said Applejack.

"We're literally sharing a body right now. How much more 'together' can we get?" asked Rainbow Dash.

"We need to work as one," said Twilight, another shot narrowly missing.

"Haven't we already been doing that?" asked Pinkie.

"I think we really need to be one," said Fluttershy, "As in be of one mind."

There was understandable hesitance, Rainbow Dash saying, "If we do that...can we even split back up?"

"I mean, it's one thing to be the closest of friends," said Rarity, "But this...this seems like the ultimate violation of privacy."

"If we don't, Cryotek will destroy our home and everyone we know," said Twilight desperately before Cryotek grabbed Equinaut by the neck.

"Hah...you're a worse mess then the combiner I made," he taunted.

"Girls, it's now or never," said Twilight, "If we don't stop him, no one will. We have to focus on what we're fighting for." At that, a flash of memories appeared before them, of their lives in Equestria, of the friends they've made on other worlds.


Cryotek grinned, taking aim. "Too easy." only for the combiner to knock his gun off course, the shot hitting a Vehicon frigate.

Equinaut's eyes glowed as she said, "We're not going to let you harm anyone else."

Cryotek boosted back, aiming his blaster. "You can't do a thing," he said, firing rapidly.

Equinaut rotated slightly, using Fluttershy's wings as a shield. The shots bounced the technorganic feathers.

"Give it up, Cryotek. You're not going to win this one," said Equinaut sternly.

"Brave talk for someone who's all defense and no offense," sneered Cryotek. "Oh, we can be offensive," said Equinaut before a golden blaster materialized in her right hand.

"Take your best shot. This armor's invincible," sneered Cryotek. The shot hit his left armpit, which caused a few pieces of armor to break off. He recoiled before seeing the armor float away. "That...that's impossible," he snapped, firing a hail of blasts as he backed towards some floating wreckage for cover.

"Didn't make sure the seams were secure, did you?" asked Equinaut as she pursued him.

"You little Autobot punk!" snarled Cryotek, shooting at Equinaut again before another blast hit his arm, the armor cracking.

"We identify closer to Maximal than Autobot," said Equinaut.

"I DON'T CARE! DIE!" screamed Cryotek manically, trying to charge her.

Equinaut flew backwards, eventually getting close to Trypticon's hull. Her right foot briefly touched the Titan before she pushed herself with surprising force, her left left leg swinging around for a roundhouse kick. Cryotek didn't even have close to enough time to avoid, catching the kick on his jaw and sending him into a spin.

"Bet you don't see many combiners do that," said Equinaut, her voice sounding a little more like Applejack's for a moment.

Cryotek managed to right himself, feeling his face to see more armor gone. A great feeling of rage went through him. For a moment, he thought he was roaring with anger. But then he realized he was picking up Trypticon's roars on an all-open channel.

"Trypticon, you moronic Titan! HELP ME!" he snapped.

"I'm busy with bigger problems, you glorified gecko!" snapped Trypticon.

"HELP ME NOW!" roared Cryotek, another blast hitting him in the chest.

"Can't you see I'm busy?!" snapped Trypticon. One of Fortress Maximus's fists briefly swung by Cryotek as it missed Trypticon's head.

Equinaut tackled him at that, the two exchanging blows.

"Not so tough without backup, are you?" asked Equinaut as she punched Cryotek.

Cryotek smirked, kicking her back and backing up. "You know, I enjoyed draining your race. I wonder how many died?" he sneered.

"For your sake, there had better be none," snapped Equinaut as she pursued.

"Oh, I wouldn't say that," said Cryotek, "I bet there were a few casualties in the initial invasion." Equinaut growled as she followed, Cryotek grinning. "Just a little further," he muttered to himself.

As Equinaut flew after Cryotek, she started to notice a hailing frequency that seemed to try to connect to her, or to her components.

Her com finally connected. Fort Max's voice came over it, "What are you doing? Pull back."

"I'm not letting him get away," snapped Equinaut.

"He's not trying to get away. He's leading you!" yelled Fort Max.

A blast shot over their heads at that and into Max's chest, the girls turning to see a sneering Trypticon. "Uh...wow...you're pretty big on the outside..." said Equinaut nervously.

"And you're scrap." sneered Trypticon, aiming his cannon

Equinaut quickly flew away, hoping her small size would make it hard for her to hit. A blast shot past, scoring several support ships, Trypticon's laughter echoing before it was cut off by a roar. Shots were still being fired from the planet's surface, leaving big scorches and craters in Trypticon's hull.

For Trypticon, he'd had enough, turning briefly to take aim at the planet, ignoring the shots from Equinaut. "Matt, get out! Trypticon's going to shoot!" the combiner cried into her com.


"Move! Everyone move!" yelled a trooper. There was quite a lot of panic going on, especially when a purple light appeared in the sky.

While the cannons had been firing the Maximals and humans had been getting as many ponies out of their pods. "Get the big ones!" yelled a tech, messing with the princesses' pods as a male voice said "Warning...orbital lock. All Vehicons evacuate."

With a sharp hiss, the three pods unlocked, letting Celestia, Luna, and Cadence out. The three of them looked rather weak and disoriented. "Wha...where..." said Cadence weakly.

"No time! We gotta move!" snapped one of the troopers, the voice repeating "Orbital strike launched...20 microns to impact."

Celestia was quickest to react. "Must...protect..." she said as her horn started glowing.

Luna followed next, the troopers diving down as the computer said "Impact in 5 microns...4...3...2...1..."


The flash was clearly visible from orbit, Trypticon laughing, "Oh, I missed this."

"NOOOOOO!" cried Equinaut as she tried to hail anyone on the surface.

"Aw...did my friend hurt your old species?" sneered Cryotek, shooting her in the back.

Equinaut's grief reverberated through all her components, the voices in her head becoming one long wail of mourning. Everything she fought for, everyone she cherished...they were all gone.

matt might manage to contact her to ask her to not let that happen again

Her com crackled to life at that "bzzzt-nyone there?" came Matt's voice through the static.

"Matt?" asked Equinaut desperately.

"Yeah...please stop that happening again? We got dozens of concussions and your winged unicorns are out cold," said Matt's voice.

Equinaut sighed in relief. It looked like everyone was saved in time. But then she heard a roar of frustration. It seemed that Trypticon had just found out too.

"Oh come on! That's it! EVERYTHING DIES!" he snapped, aiming multiple cannons. But then Fortress Maximus opened fire on Trypticon, blasting quite a few holes in his side. The Titan roared in pain before turning his attention back to his rival as Cryotek, not noticing continued to torment his own rival.

"It's not as if you could ever go home again anyways. You are far too detached from your people. You would never be able to be simple ponies again," sneered Cryotek.

Equinaut paused before she said, "So? We're not going to abandon our home and our friends."

"I'll never understand your organics and your sentimentalisms," said Cryotek with disgust, "In fact, I've had enough of you all." He charged her, his armored dragon head reach out to bite her head off.

Equinaut caught him as he closed in. "You don't deserve to wear that sacred icon," she snapped.

"Sacred icon? This is a power source, pure and simple. Only the weak of mind believe that anything's sacred," sneered Cryotek.

"The Enigma of Combination isn't about forcing people to act as one. It's supposed to represent unity of purpose and mind. You have sullied it with your self-serving schemes," snapped Equinaut. Her free hand shot forward, grabbing the Enigma, before pulling it out in a shower of sparks and wires.

"AAAAARRRGH!" screamed Cryotek before he was kicked back. He felt like he was losing his connection to Trypticon, even as his armor started to crumble.

Trypticon tensed at that, turning to glare at Equinaut and readying his laser breath.


"Uh, I think he's gonna blast us," said Dash.

"Definitely going to put all his effort into it," said Rarity.

"But we can get out of the way easily," said Pinkie.

"But it could hurt someone behind us," said Fluttershy.

"Ah guess this is where we stand our ground, so ta speak," said Applejack.

"No, more than that," said Twilight, "We're going to end this."


The Enigma glowed in Equinaut's hands, charging her up with its energies. Trypticon smirked, charging up before double checking his sensors as his target started to grow...past Prime and closing on Titan weight class. At the same time, her body was becoming a uniform white and gold, not unlike Celestia. Then her horn started glowing like a rainbow.

Trypticon backed up at that, getting some distance. "Nice trick...but can you fight?" he sneered, firing a hail of shots.

The shots were absorbed by a near-invisible forcefield around Equinaut. "Trypticon, begone!" yelled Equinaut before firing a rainbow-colored beam at the monster.

Trypticon boosted to the right, the blast catching his arm and blowing it off. "Gaaaarh...you'll pay for that out of your chassis!" he snapped before roaring again as a trio of Division 66 fighters decided to fire a hail of torpedoes into the wound.

Equinaut fired another blast, this one engulfing Trypticon's head. But this one didn't blow it off. Beneath the rainbow beam, everyone could see that Trypticon's lights were starting to dim. "Noo...nooooo...not...when...I...was...baaaaaaaoooooh..." Trypticon managed before powering down.

The remaining Vehicon ships began to turn to leave before the Division 66 ships fell on them like a swarm of heavily-armed bats as Maximus headed over to Trypticon. "I ought to throw you into the sun," he said.

"Nooooooo...faaaaaaaaaiiiiiiiiiirrrr..." said Trypticon, though apparently with considerable effort.

"That said, it'd make me as bad as you," continued Maximus.

Trypticon managed to say, "Killllll...yoooooou..." his optics flickering

"Let's put you somewhere it's harder to find you," said Fortress Maximus before grabbing Trypticon. He spun around remarkably fast before letting go, hurling Trypticon deep out into space.

Cryotek stared in horror as Trypticon was sent flying before looking up at the Titan mode Equinaut. Turning, he tried to jet off, but it was considerably harder as his armor continued to crumble, leaving him with only his dragon mode wings for propulsion. And flapping wings didn't work very well in a vacuum.

Equinaut's hand reached down to grab him, Cryotek being lifted up to optics level. "Cryotek, for your crimes against Equus and Cybertron alike, your punishment will be most severe," boomed Equinaut.

"You won't kill me. You Maximals are too weak for that," laughed Cryotek.

"It is not our nature to destroy," said Equinaut, "But you may prefer termination over this." A beam of light shot from her horn, creating a hole in space. It was a bit hard to describe it as it was something that existed in nothingness. It may be a portal, but it didn't like it led anywhere nice.


"Are we sure about this? This seems nasty even for him," said Pinkie in their head before a literal tentacle whipped out the portal, grabbing Cryotek and pulling him in. Another put a small note in Equinaut's hand just before the portal closed, the note saying, "Thanks for the meal, babe."

There was a long moment of silence before Fluttershy asked, "Do we know wh-"

"No," said Twilight, "And I'm sure we don't want to."


Planetside and with no fleet to prevent them, Nebulonian and Division 66 ships had been landing reinforcements to sweep for any holdouts, as well as medical teams. The girls, separated, quickly found Matt and the princesses. "They're still out cold," Matt explained, before adding "But the medteams say they'll be up and about soon."

"How is everyone else?" asked Fluttershy.

"No casualties. Few minors from the orbital strike but nothing worse. Mayor's given us a list of names to check and so far 100%," said Matt.

"That's a relief," said Dash.

"Yeah, but what do we about ourselves?" asked Applejack.

"No idea, even the NSC can;t bring someone back from cybernetic upload," said Matt sympathetically.

"And what are we supposed to do with this?" asked Rarity, holding up the Enigma of Combination.

A calm voice said, "I'll take that."

The Maximares turned to see Nexus Prime stepping out through a portal. He was pretty large in person, as was typical with combiners. He had more of a blue and red color scheme than in their vision as well. And hovering beside him was an egg-shaped robot with many tentacles and five faces...

"Wait, is that a Quintesson?" asked Twilight before she and the other Maximares aimed their blasters. The Quintesson spun so that a pink bearded face with glasses faced them. "Please avert your hostile intentions," said the Quintesson with an Indian accent, "I am not like the Quintessons you know of."

The Quintesson rotated so a blue mustached face was towards them. "The Quintessons of other universes tend to be greedy, selfish, and xenophobic towards others," said the Quintesson, his voice turning deep.

Then it rotated so a white face with green hair and glasses was at the front. "But Quintessons from our dimension are peaceful people who want to help others," he said with a Liverputtian accent.

Then the green face with the orange hair and beard spoke in a jazzier voice, "It's a pretty different place, man. Where like good is bad and bad is good."

"Ooooh...like that dimension we once visited...or was that in the comics?" said Pinkie cheerfully.

"I'm starting to get a headache," moaned Matt. The Quintesson switched to a golden face and spoke in a childlike voice, "Don't worry about it. You already reached the end of your journey."

Director Sino walked up at that. "He has indeed," she said, two troopers firmly but kindly grabbing Matt, one injecting him, causing him to slump. "I told you, he's getting a mindwipe," she said before looking at the Quintesson and Nexus. "Friends of yours?" she asked the girls.

"I'd like to say so, but we haven't known them for very long," said Twilight.

"I am here to reclaim what is mine," said Nexus.

"The Enigma," said Dash.

Twilight passed it over before asking, "Where do we go now? We're stuck like this."

"I may be able to do something about that," said Nexus, "But first, aren't there seven of you?"

Spike came into view at that, looking at the Quintesson before yelling "GET AWAY FROM THEM!" firing, Nexus opening a small portal to let the shots vanish.

"Don't worry, Spike. He's just from a different dimension where the bad guys are good guys and vice versa," said Pinkie.

"Oh, one of those," said Spike, "Sorry about that."

"No harm caused. Now, let's get you back to normal, shall we?" said the Quintesson.

Nexus Prime held up the Enigma which started glowing. The Maximares and Spike froze up as bright lights started shining in their chests. The lights got brighter until orbs of light emerged from them and floated forward. When the orbs of light faded, Spike and the ponies were left in their original forms.

They were also completely out cold. "We'll be confiscating the chassises," said Sino calmly, waving her hand before multiple laser sights appeared on Nexus. "Please, you're welcome to lodge a complaint," she said before the Twilight bot twitched its hand

The Quintesson rotated to his green and orange face and said, "Those bods aren't as vacant as they seem, man."

Nexus clicked his fingers, the Division 66 troopers freezing in place to several passing ponies' surprise. "Now then...wake, up Twilight Prime," he said kindly.

Twilight's robot body groaned before her lights came back on. "What happened?" she asked, "Did it work?"

"Yes...and no," said the Quintesson, scanning them and their bodies. "Both of them are alive, Nexus...fascinating."

"There was a rather low chance of that happening," said Nexus, "Sometimes even I don't understand the Enigma."

"Wait...that's me," said Twilight in a panic, as the others began to stir, the Maximals coming into view.

"Uh...what's going on here?" asked Cheetor.

"I...I don't know...that's me...but I'm me..." said Fluttershy in confusion.

Nexus said, "They are you, though they will not remember this. And thanks to my friend, Aquarius, neither will anypony else. Though I doubt we can mind wipe the humans."

"So...we can keep on being us but they will go back to our old lives?" asked Pinkie.

"Indeed. Makes things nice and neat, don't you think?" said Nexus before noticing Cheetor and Fluttershy holding hands. "Indeed, it would be a shame if it hadn't worked," he added.

"Which reminds me," said Airazor, "I'll probably need to fill out some paperwork on Axiom Nexus."

"You're going back?" asked Tigatron, sounding forlorn.

"Only to tell them I'm heading back to our Cybertron," said Airazor, "And that could take quite a while."

Nexus said, "I thought of that." taking out a datapad. "Your resignation from the Freelance Police Legion," he said.

"How...did you do that?" asked Airazor in astonishment.

"My brother, Vector, owes me some favors," said Nexus, "You're a free bot."

"Well, I guess we'll all be going home," said Tigatron.

"Well, I need to return to Quintessa so Poison Bite and I can teach the Sharkticons how to live without their Quintesson masters."

Aquarius shifted to his green-haired face and said, "That sounds totally righteous."

Icebird lifted an eyebrow. "Aquarius is from a different dimension," said Nexus.

"Isn't everyone else in Equestria going to remember this?" asked Dash.

Discord appeared and said, "Well, I suppose they would. Your organic forms will just have a blurry memory of this all. But then again, it would be really simple if everyone just forgot this whole mess."

Nexus nodded, "But please wait till the humans leave before you do."

"What about the ponies who were-" started Twilight before a bunch of confused-looking guard ponies appeared.

"Took a while to gather them all up," said Discord.

"Now then, my friends. Where can I drop you all off?" asked Nexus.

"I think you'll like Cybertron now," said Cheetor to Fluttershy, "Everyone's still adjusting to being technorganic, but it's peaceful now."

"That sounds lovely," said Fluttershy.

"You think Fort Max will give us a lift?" asked Applejack.

"I'm sure he will," said Nexus with a smile.


"So let's see if I have this straight," said Koff, "There are now two of each of you. One half of you will remain on this world and everyone, including them, will forget about all that happened. And the half of you here are going to leaving for Cybertron?"

"That's about it," said Twilight.

Koff scratched her head and said, "Sounds confusing, but it works for me."

"Yeah, but what about all them 'umans and Nebulons that came along?" asked Gryme.

"Division 66 will keep quiet. The Nebulons aren't even from this dimension," said Nexus.

"And where will you go?" asked Rarity.

"I still have my quest to fulfill," said Nexus Prime, "The pieces of the Star Saber of Prima still needs to be found and gathered."

"Just make sure that Enigma doesn't fall into the wrong hands," said Applejack.

"It won't," said Nexus before his chest opened and he put the Enigma inside.

Aquarius switched to his golden face and said, "Such an awesome ending for everybody. But shouldn't we be going now?"

"Indeed we should," said Nexus before a portal opened up. Aquarius went through while Nexus paused at the threshold. "Till all are one," he said before walking through, the portal closing.


The Maximares and Spike watched as the Division 66 ships broke off. "Ah still think we shoulda warned him. Ain't right lettin' him go through all that," said Applejack.

"I think Matt will be fine...eventually," said Fluttershy with a bit of uncertainty.

"Ah hope so," said Applejack

Then Maximus's voice said, "Ok...where can I drop you all off?"

"We're going back to Cybertron," said Cheetor, "Hopefully without any transwarp turbulence this time."

"Anyone else?" asked Maximus.

"I'll need to be dropped off at New Quintessa," said Icebird.

"Ok...that all? What about you lovebots?" asked Maximus, looking via cam at Tigatron and Airazor.

"The same Cybertron as them," said Airazor, "I'd like to finally see the Cybertron I came from. And maybe trade up this body for one of those new technorganic ones."

"Ok...stand by for space bridge," said Maximus.

"You think we'll ever return, Twilight?" asked Fluttershy.

"I don't know for sure," said Twilight, "But if we do, it'll be when Equestria will have most need of us. But at least we're still down there to protect it."


Though overall a victory, Director Sino wasn't very pleased with the outcome. She had lost a precious artifact and had nothing to show for it. Most of the Vehicons were too damaged to even study for parts. The Maximares had disappeared on her and the Nebulon Defense Force had vanished without even offering recompense. She'd also lost over 70 ships and, thanks to that bot's time pause, had been too late to abort Sergeant Lynch's mind wipe...all that information lost.

Of course it wasn't a total loss. On the way home, they'd found a wonderful piece of Cybertronian tech floating in space: Trypticon's lost arm...

"Ma'am, not to mean any disrespect, but what can we do with a giant arm?" asked one of her agents.

"This Titan tech is a godsend. Advanced wiring...weapons..." said Sino calmly.

"Not to mention this arm was formed using their combiner technology," said one of her scientists, "It would shed a lot of light on how they're able to form functional gestalt beings."

"We'll get teams working on it...and what if it's missed?" asked the tech.

"Somehow, I doubt Trypticon is going to come look for it any time soon," said Sino.


Far out in space, Trypticon's paralyzed body tumbled, nearly braindead and completely unable to respond to anything. Not even when he started hurtling into the gravity field of an unknown planet.

The body fell down with a crash, through the planet's planetwide thunderstorm. While the energy burst was nowhere near enough to get his crippled body working, it did reboot his mind. "I live agai...aw not again," called Trypticon before noticing the ground rushing up to say hi. There was a vast crash that shook the very ground before there was a faint "Ow."(edited)

The crash seemed to have been the last straw for Trypticon's mind as his brain module shut down, going into a deep sleep, one that he may never awake from.

The force of the impact sent shockwaves across the planet. But as this planet was uninhabited, no one was hurt by the impact. However, it did trigger something in Trypticon, something separate from his hibernating mind.

'Titan cyberforming program activated. Scanning...indigenous lifeforms minimal. Searching archives for suitable mechanimals...'

Trypticon's databanks had files of many of Cybertron's fauna. It also had Cryotek's ships' databanks of the lifeforms that had been scanned in Equestria.

'Search complete. Beginning hot spot ignition and cyberforming sequence...'

The ground around the crater rippled as nanites spread out from Trypticon's body, reforming the land into a more suitable structure for the new life to come. Though considering no one was aboard Trypticon to guide the process and he won't be waking up again, this could take a very, very long time.


The girls watched as Fort Max and his escort warped away, all of them in a small shuttle he had donated them before looking at Cybertron.

It was certainly different from the last Cybertron they saw. After the Great Reformatting, it was now a blue and green technorganic paradise. "It's beautiful," said Fluttershy.

"Yeah, it's a shame that Optimus had to sacrifice himself to make it happen," said Cheetor.

"Oh no," said Fluttershy, covering her mouth before Spike, who was the designated pilot, said, "I can see a clearing to land up ahead. Nobody's replying on the com."

"Everybody's probably still recovering from the Quintesson invasion," said Cheetor, "We're still getting systems back up and-"

The control panel began beeping urgently, the computer saying, "Unknown sensor ping. Incoming transmission."

Then Rattrap's face appeared on the monitor. "Hey, Spots," said Rattrap, "Where'd you go? Thought you got abducted by aliens or something."

"No...just picking up some old friends," said Cheetor, changing the screen to show everyone.

"Tigatron?" asked Rattrap in surprise. "Don't tell you forgot about me, mouse," said Airazor in a teasing tone.

"Airazor? Boy, Cheetor, you've got a lot of storytellin' when you get down here," said Rattrap.

"We'll be down there soon enough," said Cheetor.

"'Ope there's still some scrap down there," said Gryme, "All that greenery don't look too 'ealthy ta me."

"You'll be fine," said Rarity.

When Rattrap signed off, Fluttershy asked, "So, are there any big changes I should expect?"

"Well, Blackarachnia and Silverbolt are finally back together," said Cheetor.

"Good for them," said Fluttershy.

"And Rattrap and Botanica became a couple," said Cheetor.

"I knew it," said Fluttershy.

"Who's Botanica?" asked Applejack.

"Oh, you'll like her," said Fluttershy, "She's got a green thumb, four of them." Applejack raised an eyebrow at that.

"I find it hard to imagine that anyone would be interested in Rattrap," said Airazor.

"There's someone for everyone," said Tigatron, taking her hand.

There was a slight shake as the ship came into land with a final thud. The door opened, revealing a brightly-lit Cybertron outside. "Wow, it's beautiful," said Twilight.

"I hope they have a place where we can throw a big party," said Pinkie.

As the Maximares and their friends walked out onto their new planet, Cheetor and Fluttershy hung back a bit. "I know how much you wanted to return to Equestria," said Cheetor, "You're not upset that you can't stay there, right?"

"I am back on Equestria," said Fluttershy, "It might be for the best. I'm not sure how I would have adapted to being back there after all we've been through. And like they say, home is where the spark is."

The two looked at one another, leaning in to kiss before jumping as Spike called, "Hey...what's keeping you two?"

"Maybe we should fix him up with someone," said Cheetor.

"I'm sure he'll find someone," said Fluttershy.

With that, Fluttershy and Cheetor walked with their friends out onto the surface of the technorganic Cybertron, the Maximares' new home.


And finally, we have the final chapter of our story. It came out shorter than I was expecting, but there was still a lot of action in this one. And I think we've tied up all the loose ends by the end of this story. It may seem that this story will have no impact upon Equestria after it's finished, but the seeds of the future have been planted here. Who knows when they will bear fruit?

For instance, the planet that Trypticon landed on may be important later. After all, there are Cybertronian colonies made by Titans, which doesn't necessarily require the Titan to be online. Also, Nexus Prime's color scheme and Aquarius is from the comics they appeared in, namely their time in the Shattered Glass universe. I decided to give Aquarius's different faces their own unique voice, partly inspired by the Quintesson Judge from Cyberverse.

Anyways, this story took longer to do than I imagined, but I'm happy with how it turned out. Thanks for reading it and please review.

Comments ( 9 )

What's the human tag for?

10365148
Because Matt is a human and other humans have appeared in this story.

Is this story going to have a sequel?

10367320
Currently, I'm not sure. Some elements are going to reappear in some of mine and my co-author's fics further down the line, but I don't know about a direct sequel right now.

10367552
Oh like a comic book that has to do with the maximares?

Comment posted by Aether Spark deleted Oct 5th, 2020

Cryotech got banisbed to another dimension. Serves him right for what he done. I wanted to see Optimus Prime from Age of Extinction come out of a portal and terminate him with his sword through his Spark chamber.

Ok, finally finished this epic, multi versal train wreck. Despite how that last line sounds it's meant to be a compliment. :pinkiehappy:

First up the references, pulling from so many places were confusing and for someone like me who did not get into transformers too much would be overwhelmed. I had to basically stop trying to place characters or there history and treat all characters besides the Mane 6 as OCs just to get any where in the story. Secondly, The treatment of the Mane 6 throughout the story. They were powerful and yet captured every other chapter it felt like. Thirdly the Autobots, whom I thought as the good guys, were painted in a very bad light making them almost as bad as the Decepticons and yet...

And yet, it all worked out beautifully. You put what your sources were and only minor time spent looking it up would fill you in on the what, when, where and who. You didn't leave someone hanging in that regard. The girls were caught a lot cause they were the Mane 6, it was there very nature to avoid conflict if possible and many of those that caught them had no qualms about shooting to kill if they resisted. As for the Autobots, you were 100 % correct in your portrayal of the war. All one has to do is look at WW2 to see the truth of that statement. They did what they needed to do to keep a resource out of enemy hands. Yes it ruins the viewpoint of the NSC, and justified their attacking both bots and cons.

As for the rest, it was an a damned good tale and I enjoyed every minute of it. Thank you for such a story, I'll put it in my read again list

Login or register to comment