• Published 4th Oct 2015
  • 18,126 Views, 1,897 Comments

Chronicles of an Evil Overlord - Melancholy



Evil rising up to take over Equestria? Normal. Evil succeeding in taking over Equestria? Unusual. How did he do it? By following some simple rules...

  • ...
97
 1,897
 18,126

Rule 45

Domination of Equestria - T-15 days.
The Battle For Ponyville: 15:58

“What on Earth was that!? Every other platoon made it back with minimal losses because of their swift withdrawal. All except for yours.”
“Master, please! It’s all the ponies' fault! Their anti-magic field surprised us! There was nothing we could do!”
“Exactly, which is why I immediately ordered the retreat. Why, of everyone in command were you the only one to stay and fight the losing battle?

He was shivering, not too surprising, I’d cranked the heat down several degrees. I did not want to be near anything too hot right now. Or multicoloured.

“My Master, please. I only aim to please you. I was fighting for your glorious Dominion! We slew many ponies this day Great Overlord!”

I sighed.
“What good is that when they killed more of your own troops than you did theirs? If we lose too much strength now we’ll have nothing for the counter attack.”
“The ponies are too foolish Master! They would never enter the Everfree!”
“Never say never. Also I meant our counter attack, not theirs.”
“We’re trying again Master?”
“I am. You’re not.”

I drew my pistol and leveled it at his head.
“But-but-but Master! Please! I will not fail you again.”
“No, you won’t. But you’ve failed me once Captain Jagged Carapace and here is the price for failure.”
Crack.

“Lieutenant Chiral."
"Yes, my Master."
"You are now in command of the Third Platoon. How’s the rearmement going?”
“Soon my Master. We will be ready within the hour.”
“Excellent.”
They were going to pay.
All of them.
"Take this body away. Let it be known I have no use for dead commanders. Or ones who don't follow orders. Scratch that first one, the two are one and the same to me."

Overlord Rule No:45 I will make sure I have a clear understanding of who is responsible for what in my organization. For example, if my general screws up I will not draw my weapon, point it at him, say "And here is the price for failure," then suddenly turn and kill some random underling.