• Published 4th Oct 2015
  • 18,124 Views, 1,897 Comments

Chronicles of an Evil Overlord - Melancholy



Evil rising up to take over Equestria? Normal. Evil succeeding in taking over Equestria? Unusual. How did he do it? By following some simple rules...

  • ...
97
 1,897
 18,124

Rule 73

Domination of Equestria - T+154 days.

“The great and powerful Trixie demands you let her go!”
“The Supreme and Sovereign Overlord really doesn’t give a shit.”

Oh Trixie, how did you get here?
Well, ok, a rhetorical question. You had a pretty good idea that satire involving the Overlord probably wouldn’t go well.
Well, that secret police pony was laughing right up until I did the section implying he did things with foals…

“Well...what if the very humble and apologetic Trixie begs you let her go?”
“Then the cold and heartless Overlord would still not give a shit.”

Come on Trixie...come on...what can you do to get out of this…

“What if, the amazing and impressive Trixie offered to wow and amaze you?”
“Then the distinctly unimpressed and tired Overlord would wonder what the point would be?”

“Well, if the dazzling and awesome Trixie can wow and amaze then surely that would be worth of letting her go?”
“The eminently bored and lazy Overlord would be interested in seeing what you can do?”

Oh Celestia he actually wants to see something? What on earth am I going to do?
Maybe I can do...that one? Maybe…

“Very well! Keep your eyes on Trixie as she performs, in front of your eyes...ascension to Alicornhood!”
“You? One of the most corrupt and chequered ponies in the realm, with mediocre magic reserves at best, and exemplifying misdirection and cheating almost as well as wheeling and dealing salesponies are planing to be become an Alicorn? Now you definitely have my attention…”

Ok...ok…

“First you see Trixie, a beautiful but simple unicorn, but watch and be amazed!”

Smoke spell, light spell… guards!?

“Stand back gentlestallions, I think I can handle a showmare. Leave her to finish.”

Oh merciful Overlord… ok, so in the confusion, teleport the wing harness, cast concealment on the straps...aaaannnddd…

“And as the blinding light of ascension clears, behold, the bewinged and alicornised Trixie!”
“Well well...I am impressed. I can’t see the strings at all.”

“Thank you for your kind praise, but this will not last forever.”
“I’m pleased to hear that. I’m all out of free passes to keep Alicorns alive.”

“Well then, the very humble and very much unicorn Trixie will be happy to get out of your way.”
“Indeed. To the dungeons with her.”

“Wha? But you agreed if I wowed you-”
“No, I invited you to try. I never agreed to your proposal.”

“That...that’s false advertising!”
“Ironic from a pony who used to take sponsorship money from Flim and Flam.”

“Nooo! The beautiful and talented Trixie doesn’t deserve to be locked up!”
“On the contrary, you’re far too well known to leave in the wild…”

Overlord Rule No:73 I will not agree to let the heroes go free if they win a rigged contest, even though my advisors assure me it is impossible for them to win.