• Published 4th Oct 2015
  • 18,107 Views, 1,897 Comments

Chronicles of an Evil Overlord - Melancholy



Evil rising up to take over Equestria? Normal. Evil succeeding in taking over Equestria? Unusual. How did he do it? By following some simple rules...

  • ...
97
 1,897
 18,107

Rule 58

Domination of Equestria - T-15 days.
The Battle For Ponyville: 14:34


This is a disaster.
Damnit, bastards, all of them! This was supposed to be my crowning moment, their big crushing defeat, and now here I am running for my life as giant rocks fall from the sky and flaming pitch rains from the clouds themselves.
It had been the perfect set up, they were all clustered together for the perfect strike, and it didn’t work!
Nothing worked!
I bet it’s all that bitch Twilight Sparkle’s fault.
She couldn’t have found the artefact, she just couldn’t! I had it here, in my pocket the whole damn time!

Shink.
Another Pegasus Guard. Blades seemed to be the only thing that still worked on this hell hole of a battlefield.
No, this was a slaughter, but of the wrong side!
Damnit,
Damnit!
Damnit!

Is that the western flank crumbling over there? Shit! I told them to pull back an hour ago. If whoever was in charge of that platoon lived through this I am definitely going to have to correct that mistake.
Hah! That was a good thrust if I say so myself. Is that his pancreas on the end of my sword? There's a joke in here somewhere.
Fuck it, no time. Running first, jokes about cuteness and diabetes later. I'm so close now anyway.

Finally, the Everfree! Nearly home free. Only a few hundred yards to my fortified encampment. It had formerly been my ‘impenetrable fortress’, but today was a day for many reevaluations.

Round this tree here, over the lake of fire...
Wait, I didn’t have a lake of fire installed. They were terribly impractical, and cost an arm and a leg to fuel.

“Heck yea, I’ve got you now!”
What!? Who- Shit! One of the Elements of Harmony, fuck fuck fuck.
Why did it have to be the lesbian one too?
“You’re mine now you snake!”
“I take offence to that. Just because I’m evil doesn’t mean I have an affinity for snakes.”
“Just because I’m about to kick your flank doesn't mean I have a wajamicallit for fancy words.”
Gods damn she’s fast! Parry, parry PARRY!

Clang.
Clang.
Clang.

“Comeon! Stop blocking and fight me like a mare!”
“Sod that for a laugh! Also I’m not a mare!”
Fighting next to a river of fire, I swear there’s a rule about this somewhere!
Duck,
Dodge!
PARRY!
She’s too damn fast! At this rate, I’m going to-

Fuck.

Well, this is another reason why I didn’t have a river of fire installed, it’s all too easy to fall in yourself. Good thing someone forgot this rocky outcropping.
Bad thing that Lesbian Nightmare can fly.

“Well, aren’t you in a bit screwed.”
Curse you, curse your family, and everyone you love.
“Yes, I do seem to be in a bit of a tight spot. Isn’t this the part where you taunt me before kicking me into the fire below?”
“Nah. Twilight and the Princesses want you back alive.”
“That sounds like suspiciously poor judgement. I wouldn’t offer the same mercy myself you know.”
“Yea, but that’s just one more reason we’re better than you.
“If you say so.”

She’s surprisingly strong, she can lift me like a sack of potatoes. I am so glad I didn’t take one of those hooves to the face. Or lower.

“Right, you going to come with me quietly Mr ‘Supreme Overlord’, or am I going to have to knock a filly out?”
“You’ll live to regret this you know.”
“I doubt it. I’ve never regretted anything my life!”
“There’s always time for that to change.”

“Master!”
“We’re here Master!”
“What took you dolts so long!”
“Horseapples! Come on you dork, we’re going!”
“Like Hell I am! You can go, fuck yourself!”
“Stop struggling!”
“Master! Get off him now! I’ll run you through enough times ponies will be questioning which hole’s your mouth and which is your arse hole!”
“Don’t taunt her you idiot, stab her!”
“Yea, buck this, I’m outa here!”

Gods fucking damnit!
“Master! Are you injured!”
“No, let’s go, we’re not safe yet. Everyone on the whole battlefield will have seen space pony here delivering the rainbows.”
“As you command!”

Overlord Rule No:58 If it becomes necessary to escape, I will never stop to pose dramatically and toss off a one-liner.