• Published 4th Oct 2015
  • 18,107 Views, 1,897 Comments

Chronicles of an Evil Overlord - Melancholy



Evil rising up to take over Equestria? Normal. Evil succeeding in taking over Equestria? Unusual. How did he do it? By following some simple rules...

  • ...
97
 1,897
 18,107

Rule 90

Domination of Equestria - T+46 days.

Why… why am I helping them?
Maybe because even after everything you did they forgave you and befriended you?

That’s only after they turned up and screwed up everything, all of my plans. Our Town was great before they came along!
You know full well that it was crumbling long before they came. They just widened the cracks that were already there.

We could have overcome those problems in the end. All of Equestria would have been happier being equal, just look at the Overlord’s approval ratings.
It’s not hard to have 100% approval when those who disagree are mysteriously missing by the time the next census goes out.

Stop complaining, I’m here and I’m helping aren’t I?
You should also probably stop arguing with yourself and watch where you’re going.

Gods I’m so snarky sometimes.

So here I am, Starlight Glimmer, apprentice to the Princess of Friendship. I was out in the remote village of Our Town helping set up more local amenities when the Overlord struck Equestria.
With hindsight, I think Princess Twilight may have sent me out there deliberately.
But I’m back now, here in Canterlot looking to break out any pony I can. Unfortunately, it doesn’t seem to have gone well. Now I’m just running through all of these hallways desperately trying to avoid being caught by Changelings and Imperial Guard.

I need something like a closet, somewhere I can hide. Somewhere like…
Sewage Overflow. Bingo.

Slip in, slam the door. Listen in...hooves...many hooves...running past...aaaaaannnd...down the corridor.
I think I’m safe. Damnit Twilight, why do I have to feel indebted to you… Now I’m trapped in this stinking-
It doesn’t smell.
Huh?
It doesn’t smell of sewage. I think that’s...mint?
Oh Celestia, I’m right. Turn around Starlight…

That’s a lot of ponies. And a lot of computer terminals.

And an aweful lot of guns.

And is that-?
Yeup, that’s a bazooka.
Why in Tartarus do a bunch of desk jockeys have a bazooka!?

“Pardon me miss, I think you’re in the wrong place.”
“Thank you good Stallion, I think I am. Pardon me while I just leave all you busy ponies to it.”

“I don’t think so, Miss Glimmer.”
“Well Buck…”

“Open fire.”
Double buck.

Overlord Rule No: 90 I will not design my Main Control Room so that every workstation is facing away from the door.