• Published 4th Oct 2015
  • 18,123 Views, 1,897 Comments

Chronicles of an Evil Overlord - Melancholy



Evil rising up to take over Equestria? Normal. Evil succeeding in taking over Equestria? Unusual. How did he do it? By following some simple rules...

  • ...
97
 1,897
 18,123

Rule 6

Domination of Equestria - T-5 days.

It has been funny.
Hilarious even.
Roughly a hundred ponies caught between my great armies and the plunge at the edge of Canterlot. Scrambling to find purchase to avoid falling.
Wondering where to look, over the edge at the inevitable death below, or at the advancing minions of the would be ruler.

He drank it all in, the heady feeling of their fear and desperation. The last barrier between him and the Castle of the Celestial Sisters, and by extension, the throne of Equestria, was finally being routed. Citizens of the capitol looked on, many openly weeping at the sight of their protectors in shining armour about to be put to death.

It would be the perfect time for a speech. A rousing one about the change between old and new orders. About the end of the old world and the rise of his glorious new Dominion. To remind them, to show them, that this is what happened to those who defied him. It would set the perfect example to begin his new regime.

“Drive them over the edge. Now.”
“Your word is my command, Master.”

It would be the perfect time for a speech. But it could wait. Besides, most of the watching crowd didn’t seem to be able to hear much over the screaming anyway.

Overlord Rule No:6 I will not gloat over my enemies' predicament before killing them.