• Published 4th Oct 2015
  • 18,065 Views, 1,897 Comments

Chronicles of an Evil Overlord - Melancholy



Evil rising up to take over Equestria? Normal. Evil succeeding in taking over Equestria? Unusual. How did he do it? By following some simple rules...

  • ...
97
 1,897
 18,065

Rule 11

Domination of Equestria - T+14 days.

“Master, we can conclusively say that we shattered all resistance from the previous regime. After the Battle at Ponyville and the fall of Canterlot they have less than twelve percent of their forces still active and absolutely no unified command structure.”

“What is the disposition of these remaining forces?”

“My Master, there are none remaining in Manehatten. Less than one hundred are known to be in operation in the area around Baltimare. Cloudsdale and Las Pegasus have already surrendered all arms, probably because one shot of your Evil Superweapon would dissipate the entire city.
All that leaves is in Equestria proper is divisions of twenty or less stationed in all towns and villages between here and the foal mountains.
The largest single most organised group on the northern continent is the force held by the Crystal Guard in the Empire to the north. We are preparing an assault to take it at once.”

“I see. Hold off on taking the Empire. See to it that all the the stragglers on our doorstep are mopped up at once.”

“But Master, the longer we leave the Crystal Empire alone the more they are going to fortify!”
"They are already heavily fortified. The Empire is at the end of a mountain range, any assault will be costly. No, we wait until we are secure here in Equestria first. Once the Solar Eruptor is complete and we have replenished our strength we will strike at our leisure.”

“Master, none can stand against you in Equestria now! They are too scattered and useless! They have no command, no unified strategy!
“Then you are a fool. Less than twenty per provincial division? Do you know how many of those there are between here and the western coast alone?”

“Um, no My Master, I do not.”
“There are over one hundred and thirty townships and villages with a guard detachment. Do you know how many that adds up to in total armed and trained ponies?”

“Errr, two thousand six hundred, Master?”
“Correct. And while it is true that we faced twice that number in Ponyville they will not go for a pitched battle again. No, it will be constant guerilla warfare. We would get absolutely nothing done outside of the cities.”

“They are too disorganised! Who would lead such a uprising?”
“How many Bearers of the Elements of Harmony do you count in our cells?”

“None my Master.”
“Humph, something like that. So no, we will not be rushing at the Crystal Empire. Let them starve due to a lack of supplies from Equestria for a while while we ensure there can be no further organised opposition within our borders first.”

“Your word is my command, My Master!”

Overlord Rule No:11 I will be secure in my superiority. Therefore, I will feel no need to prove it by leaving clues in the form of riddles or leaving my weaker enemies alive to show they pose no threat.