• Published 4th Oct 2015
  • 18,107 Views, 1,897 Comments

Chronicles of an Evil Overlord - Melancholy



Evil rising up to take over Equestria? Normal. Evil succeeding in taking over Equestria? Unusual. How did he do it? By following some simple rules...

  • ...
97
 1,897
 18,107

Rule 93

Domination of Equestria - T+214 days.
Fall of the Crystal Empire - The Day After.

Well, today’s the day. I still haven’t seen Cadence since last night.
I hope she’s ok.
I’m nearly out of here though, just need to work this brick out of the wall and from there I bet I can get a hole big enough to escape.
Wait for me Cady, I’m coming.

“You awake Shining?”
“Boulder Hoof? That you?”

“Yea man, good to see you.”
“What on earth are you doing in here?”

“Well, you know that moment where you could suddenly put your shield up and use magic again?”
“That was you!? How on earth did you pull that off!?”

“I joined the Overlord’s engineering corps a few months back when they had a recruitment drive in preparation for the attack on the empire. Somehow their background checks missed out that we went to school together. Lucky us eh?”
“I guess so. I mean, that lull in the fighting definitely saved some lives on our side. It was really what we needed. I mean, we didn’t win in the end, but I don’t doubt that it would have been so much worse without it.”

“Hey man, it’s cool. I was just doing what was right you know? I just wish I could have done more earlier. Maybe it could have ended in a full rout of the enemy instead of you.”
“Hey, don’t beat yourself up too much man. I’m just glad someone was looking out for us.”

“Hey, I’m gonna make sure they take me out there first.”
“What? Hey, Boulder, you don’t need to do that bro.”

“Nah, it’s ok. If I go out first then that gives you more time to get out of here. Or, at the very least, I can maybe see if I can make sure your wife isn’t watching.”
“I...thanks…”

“No problem. Now, you get to work on that brick.”
“On it.”

“Bring out the condemned!”
“That would be me officer!”

“Boulder Hoof? No, you’re next. Shining Armour! Get your soon to be perforated behind out of that cell!”
“What!? No! Take me, I’m far more seditious than he is! ‘Hey, look at me, I’m the Overlord and I’m a poopy head!’”

“Quiet you, you’ll get your lifetime dose of lead soon enough. Armour! Come on you jack ass or am I going to have to drag it!”
“Damnit I said take me first!”

“Shut your hole!”

“Alright, alright. I’m coming officer.”
“Shining! No, come on man, don’t give up now!”

“It’s ok Boulder. Pray for me eh? Let Celestia know I’ll be joining her and Twilight soon.”


Overlord Rule No:93 If I decide to hold a double execution of the hero and an underling who failed or betrayed me, I will see to it that the hero is scheduled to go first.