• Published 4th Oct 2015
  • 18,126 Views, 1,897 Comments

Chronicles of an Evil Overlord - Melancholy



Evil rising up to take over Equestria? Normal. Evil succeeding in taking over Equestria? Unusual. How did he do it? By following some simple rules...

  • ...
97
 1,897
 18,126

Rule 7

Domination of Equestria - T-61 days.

“Did you really think you would succeed?”
Spitfire looked up at him from the floor, it was all she could do to lift her head after the beating she’d taken.
“I had to. You’re a monster. You’re going to take Equestria into a bloody war. Thousands will die!”
He tutted at her, his face a mask of impassivity.
“You’d be surprised. I’m already in the Everfree, and hardly anyone has died yet. I can see your pitiful forces massed against me in Ponyville, but to think that the Princesses would rather go for an assassination was really quite surprising.”
“Was it, really? The greatest threat Equestria has ever faced and you think we’d play nice?”
“Well, you have up until now. You’ve played by rote perfectly. First the pleas, then the heroic stands of the brave few, even trying to find the artefacts left behind by long forgotten races. But now here we are, on the brink of all out war, and you try to assassinate me? It has been disappointing.”

Disappointing? It was heartbreaking. They’d been so close. Four Wonderbolts, the best of the best, hoof picked by Princess Celestia and Spitfire themselves. They knew it would probably be a one way trip. Even if they took his head it was quite likely his armies would tear them limb from limb.
Hell, they’d already taken her wings, and her Wingpony.
Sorry, Soarin.
Please, at least let the others complete their mission. If he couldn’t be killed, at least let others be saved through the annihilation of that abominable weapon.

She growled and with the last of her strength she spat on his boot.
You’re disappointed? You’re sick! What the hell is this even all about anyway!? What’s it even for!? Tell me that you bastard!”

Crack.

…...
Crack

“No.”

Overlord Rule No:7 When I've captured my adversary and he says, "Look, before you kill me, will you at least tell me what this is all about?" I'll say, "No." and shoot him. No, on second thought I'll shoot him then say "No."