• Published 4th Oct 2015
  • 18,103 Views, 1,897 Comments

Chronicles of an Evil Overlord - Melancholy



Evil rising up to take over Equestria? Normal. Evil succeeding in taking over Equestria? Unusual. How did he do it? By following some simple rules...

  • ...
97
 1,897
 18,103

Rule 18

Domination of Equestria - T+254 days.

“Um, Shining?”
“”Humm? What is it Cadance?”

“Well, I’ve been wondering...have you ever wanted...foals?”
“No.”

“Really? You...don’t want foals? At all?”
“Of course not. Don’t be silly. They’re silly, snotty little things.”

“Oh. I think they’re cute. Twilight was a wonderful foal…”
“I’m sure she was. Now she’s a crater.”

“Shining! Don’t be so rude.”
“Hah. Sorry Cady.”

“That’s alright.”
“Heh.”

“Anyway, about foals.”
“Ugh…”

“I was thinking, a little colt would really brighten the place up wouldn’t it? I mean, I’ve practically already raised a filly with Twilight, so it would be a good change of pace.”
“It would be a terrible change of pace. He’d be getting in the way all the time, asking stupid questions and ultimately getting ideas above his station.”

“Shining Armour! What’s gotten into you! You’re being very rude today. It’s like you’re not yourself or something.”
“Tch. Calm down Cadence. Listen to my voice. Everything is fine. Nothing’s wrong, remember?”

“Wha-?”
“Maybe I am feeling a little off. It's been a stressful few days. I’m just going to head out for a bit. In the mean time, try and forget about foals ok? For me?”

“Uh...what...um...Ok. Yea...sorry, I don’t know what came over me. You take care then Shining. Don’t take so long to visit next time. I get lonely when you’re not here.”
“Will do. See you soon Cadence.”



“Master? Why do you let her call you that? Surely she's aware her husband is dead, she witnessed his execution herself.”
“Eh, it's easy enough to indulge her madness. It keeps her pliant with a minimum of effort. Plus, it’s no skin off my back what name she screams in the night.”

Overlord Rule No:18 I will not have a son. Although his laughably under-planned attempt to usurp power would easily fail, it would provide a fatal distraction at a crucial point in time.