• Published 4th Oct 2015
  • 18,107 Views, 1,897 Comments

Chronicles of an Evil Overlord - Melancholy



Evil rising up to take over Equestria? Normal. Evil succeeding in taking over Equestria? Unusual. How did he do it? By following some simple rules...

  • ...
97
 1,897
 18,107

Rule 4

Domination of Equestria - T+348 days.

The verdict rang out.
Death.

Rabble Rouser sat in the dock in the middle of the overly large chamber, head held high.
He’d given this new ‘Overlord’ one hell of a hard time, it was unsurprising that such a heavy sentence had been handed down, from his Supremeness himself no less.

From almost day one Rabble Rouser had been organising. First demonstrations, then armed insurrections against the increasing stranglehold of this horrid regime. Ponies disappearing, foals taken from their mothers due to arbitrary rules which were known only to those at the top, never to be seen again. Regular executions in the streets, many of the security forces given Carte Blanche in the early days to beat and kill nearly anyone they fancied.

He couldn’t stand for it. It was in his name, on his flank and in his blood. He had to stand up for his common pony. For what was good and right in the world. For the Equestria which seemed by many to have been abandoned.

He was prepared for this though. He had the speech memorised for when he was there on the gallows. He would reignite the spark inside the downtrodden, bring back the light which was stolen. He knew his friends would be there in the crowd, ready to lead the mob in overrunning the guards. It would be a crowning moment, the escape and the rebirthing of the rebellion.

Or...not. Rabble Rouser looked down, his eyes pinpricks, at the hole in his chest. They hadn’t even left the courtroom yet, the Overlord himself sitting opposite him as Judge, Jury and it seemed, given the smoking gun, Executioner. Slumping to the floor Rabble’s mind raced at a mile a moment, seemingly in tandem with the speed his blood was leaking from his ruined heart. Wasn’t he supposed to be an example against further insubordination? How will that message get out if he died in this dark, hollow court? How was his message supposed to get out if he died here?

This wasn’t how it was supposed to be…..

Overlord Rule No:4 Shooting is not too good for my enemies.