• Published 4th Oct 2015
  • 18,124 Views, 1,897 Comments

Chronicles of an Evil Overlord - Melancholy



Evil rising up to take over Equestria? Normal. Evil succeeding in taking over Equestria? Unusual. How did he do it? By following some simple rules...

  • ...
97
 1,897
 18,124

Rule 66

Domination of Equestria - T-61 days.

“Right, we’ll be off. You two take care.”
“You as well. Celestia be with you Spitfire. Soarin.”

“You think they’ll be alright?”
“Captain Spitfire? Yea, she’ll be gravy. We should worry about our own mission.”

“Good point. I see...two patrols. Two guards each.”
“Copy that. I see them. That’s the entrance to the main control room just there.”

“Yea, you think we should blow it?”
“No. There’s the keypad right there, let’s see if we can get in quietly first.”

“Good idea. That way we can save our explosives too.”
“Right. We can use them once we’re inside.”

“Ok, the patrols have crossed, we need to move...now.”
“Right behind you.”

“You ever think why he chose the Everfree?”
“Well, it’s right outside Ponyville, which is near the base of the Canter Mountain.”

“I know that. You got the print dusting kit?”
“Yea, I’ll sprinkle the powder.”

“Yea, I know that, but it’s such an unnatural place. How could anypony stand to be in here so long?”
“Well, you realise most of his army isn’t ponies right?”

“Good point. Ok, I’ve got an idea of the keys here. Four...six...nine...was it a four or five digit code?”
“Intelligence said four.”

“Cool. Four, six, nine, seven.”
“Wow you’re good at that.”

“Thanks. You wanna do the honours?”
“Nah, this one’s all you.”

“Err…”
“That’s the alarm! Did you do it wrong!?”

“No! It’s right, I’m sure of it!”
“Well Luna Buck it! Out the way, I’m blowing this door down right now!”

Overlord Rule No:66 My security keypad will actually be a fingerprint scanner. Anyone who watches someone press a sequence of buttons or dusts the pad for fingerprints then subsequently tries to enter by repeating that sequence will trigger the alarm system.