• Published 1st Oct 2015
  • 3,355 Views, 60 Comments

I Just Wanted to Say, I'm Confused - sonicfan05



On the day of the Friendship Games, he met Twilight again at the hallway. But Twilight acted like she never met him before in her life. Something seems off about Twilight and Flash was determined to find out!

  • ...
18
 60
 3,355

Chapter 4

The two teens sat on the visiting chairs of the nurse's office as Red Nurseheart was busy putting on some finishing touches on Bon Bon's wound. After nurse Redheart bring down the swelling of the bruise with ice and put on an ointment on Bon Bon's wound, she wrapped Bon Bon's ankle up with a bandage, keeping it tight but comfortable.

"There you go Bon Bon, your ankle is all wrapped up!" Nurse Redheart said with a smile. "Just stay off of it for five to fourteen weeks and you'll be good as new."

Lyra sighed in relief. "That's great, thank you so much Nurse Redheart! You are a real life savior! I just don't know what I'll do without my Bonnie."

"Lyra, it's only a sprained ankle."

"Yes, but a sprained ankle nearly cost your life!" Lyra exclaimed. "I shuddered to think what would've happen if we we're there to save you."

Bon Bon rolled her eyes.

Flash smiled as he stood up. "We'll I'm just glad that the world is saved from monster attacks and that nobody is hurt. Thank goodness Sunset managed to snapped Twilight out of it before things gets worse."

Lyra turned back to Flash with a smirk on her face. "Speaking of Twilight...are you gonna check up on your girlfriend and see if she is okay?"

Flash stammered with a blush on his cheeks. "She is not my-"

"Sure she isn't," Lyra cut in with her huge smirk.

"Lyra, don't tease the poor boy!" Bon Bon scolded. "Not after he helped you carried me to the nurse's office." Bon Bon turned to Flash. "But seriously, are you gonna see Twilight?"

Flash scratched his cheek with a blush. "Well...yes, but-"

"Then go! Go see her! I'll be fine, now that my ankle's been taken care of," Bon Bon insisted while waving Flash away.

"Yeah Flash, go see your girlfriend!" Lyra insisted. "And don't worry about miss little sweetie drops, I'll take care of her!"

After clearing his throat, Flash gave them his sincere smile. "Alright girls, catch you later. And take care of your leg Bon Bon."

As Flash was leaving out the door, Bon Bon turned to Lyra with a raised eyebrow. "Lyra...did you call me...Sweetie Drops?"

"Yeah, that's my little nickname I just came up for you. Why?" Lyra replied.

Bon Bon turned away from Lyra with a nervous chuckle. "Oh...It was nothing."


Flash walked outside through the front entrance and of the school and down the steps. He was still amazed that an hour ago, the whole area was covered with holes and portals to another world, only to disappear like their never there, all thanks to Sunset. The only damage that was left by the aftermath is the horse statue, now with only the tips of the hooves remained. This will take awhile to repair the whole statue but at least the rest of the school remained intact.

Speaking of which, Flash decided to head towards the statue since he knows that's where the Rainbooms normally hangs out. Even if he somehow missed the other Twilight, they can at least help him find her. As he was getting closer, he noticed all the girls were sitting on a blanket near the statue, except for Sunset and Twilight with Twilight's back facing him. Excited that Twilight is still here, he rushed over towards her. As he gotten closer to them, he was unprepared with what he saw in front of him.

There, in front of the statue was another girl. But not just any girl, it's the girl that he recognized with the same outfit from the Fall Formal and Battle of the Bands. That girl...is also Twilight.

Flash's eyes widened. He rubbed his two eyes for a moment to make sure his eyes weren't playing tricks on him. When he looked again, he realized what he was seeing now is real.

There's not just one, but two Twilights!

He theorized that there's another Twilight, but seeing them together is a complete different thing. He was starting to get dizzy as his vision started to spin. With his eyes rolled to the back of his head, Flash fell backwards to the ground. The girls crying out to his name was the last thing he heard before he lost conscious.


After the crazy event with Sunset Shimmer, the Fall Formal is back in full swing. All the students danced the night away with smiles on their faces, having fun the first time since before Sunset Shimmer was first crowned as the 'Princess of the Fall Formal.' Everyone performed their own dancing style to DJ PON-3's music including the recent crowned 'Princess,' who had her eyes closed, tongue stick out and constantly touched the floor with one hand while sticking her leg out in the air. To most people, it looked like Twilight was having a spaz attack in the middle of the dance floor, but to Flash, not only it was a amusing sight, but he also thought it was pretty cute. Not to leave her hanging, Flash decided to performed the same exact dance moves as Twilight. Despite the strange looks they're getting from their peers, the two of them were having a wonderful time.

Suddenly, the music was abruptly changed to a much more slower pace. The two of them were frozen as they looked around to see some of the students were slow dancing with their partners without a care to the world. The both looked at each other with a blush as if they've been standing for an eternally until Flash stick his hand out to her with a small smile, silently asked her to dance with him. Despite her blush was more redder than before, Twilight nodded back to him with a smile on her own before she grasped his hand. The two then slowly danced around the floor with their eyes not leaving the other in a comfortable silence. They were dancing with each other for about ten minutes before Flash finally decided to break the ice.

"So...having fun?" he asked awkwardly.

Twilight giggled. "Yeah, I'm having a great time! This party almost made me forget the reason why I was here in the first place!"

Flash hummed in agreement. They continued to dance for another few minute before Flash decided to address Twilight about what was on his mind from what happened from the battle with Sunset earlier.

"So...are you really a pony?"

"Um...yeah," Twilight answered quietly. "I guess my wings and ears kinda give it away huh?"

"Yeah that...and the fact that I was mind controlled by my former girlfriend who was turned into a she-demon helped too," he joked. Seeing Twilight's somber state, Flash cleared his throat. "I guess you weren't kidding when you said that you’re a princess from another world."

Twilight looked up to Flash with a nervous look. "Does...that bother you?"

"No, not at all!" He said softly without hesitation. "I'll admit, this is a lot for me to take in. But knowing that you stopped Sunset with a help of your friends and then gave Sunset another chance despite what she had done, you were pretty...awesome!" Flash's glanced away as a pink rose appeared on both of his cheeks. "Plus, those wings and ears look really...cute on you."

Twilight blushed but her smile wiped her frown away. "Oh...well um...I'm glad that you still accepted me, despite that I'm actually a pony."

Flash gripped her hands tightly as he looked right into Twilight eyes. "Twilight, I don't care what you are. Whether you're a human or pony, to me, you're an awesome but sweet girl with a heart of gold who cared about other people, even to someone who doesn't like you."

Twilight gave Flash her genuine smile with glistening eyes, touched from the words he said to her. "T-thanks Flash. I don't know what to say."

They continued to stare at each other until Twilight glanced at the clock on the gym's wall that said 11:45 pm. Twilight silently cursed herself for nearly running out of time, despite wanting to stay and dance with him longer. When she turned back to Flash, Flash was giving her his look of concern.

"What's wrong?" he asked.

Twilight sighed sadly, not wanting to end their moment so soon. "Well...now that I got my crown back, I had to return to my world now so I can protect it along with my friends...from Equestria I mean."

Flash eyes widen. "So soon? But we just started getting to know each other!"

"I know," she said somberly with her eyes downcast. "I want to stay longer, but I'm running out of time and I'm needed back to my home world."

He couldn't believe this. This amazing girl that he just met is going to return home to her world now. And he may never see her again. He wanted to persuade her, he wanted to plead with her, he wanted find a way to buy them some more time for her to stay longer. But as much as it pains him, he knew there was nothing he could do about it.

Flash sighed sadly. "So...is this goodbye?"

Twilight placed her palm on Flash's cheek. "I'm afraid so, but, I don't think this is a goodbye forever, it's just a goodbye til next time."

Flash cocked his eyebrow. "Really? What make you so sure?"

"I'm not sure," Twilight admitted. "But...I had this feeling that even though we'll be apart for a while, I knew deep down...we'll see each other again."

Flash starred into her eyes for a while. While it felt like this would be the last time they will see each other, something about what Twilight said gave him hope that they would one day see each other again. After about a minute of starring, Flash give Twilight his gentle smile.

"Well...if that's the case then...I'll look forward to your next visit."

The two teens continued to stare at each other until they both closed their eyes and they slowly leaned towards each other faces. Right before their lips made contact, they were snapped out of their trance when they heard Spike called out to Twilight.

"Twilight, we have to go or else we're stuck here for another thirty moons!"

Before Flash could comprehend that Twilight's dog is talking to them, he felt Twilight turn his head around towards her.

"Well...I'll see ya around...Flash," she whispered quietly before she turned and walked away.

Flash let out a long sigh as he looked down on the floor. While it pained him to see her leave, at least he had a chance to get to know her and danced with her before her time was up. Just when he was about to head out of the party earily, he heard someone called out to him.

"Flash?"

As Flash looked up, he was surprised when he felt Twilight's gentle lips on his cheek as she kissed him. Twilight stepped back and gave him her sweet smile with a blush on her face.

"Thanks again...for clearing my name and for the dance." Twilight said softly. "See you around!"

Twilight turned and rushed out through the gymnasium doors towards outside along with the other five girls. Flash just stood there with a stunned expression and a rosy blush on his cheeks. He blinked a few times before he slowly raised his right hand and touched on his cheek where Twilight kissed him. He slowly smiled as he leaned his cheek on his hand. He sighed happily, feeling like the luckiest guy in the world.

"She's one of a kind."


"Flash? Flash, are you alright?"

Flash groaned as he was slowly waking up from his memory of the Fall Formal. His vision was too blurry to make out the face in front of him, but he recognized the shape and the color skin of the person who he was facing.

"Twilight?" Flash answered weakly.

As his vision was finally crystal clear, the girl who looked down on him with her worried look turned out to be Twilight. His Twilight. The one from Equestria. The one without the glasses. She's here with him now.

Twilight smiled. "Yes Flash, it's me."

Flash immediately sat up and gave Twilight a hug. "Twilight! It's so good to see you!" He then broke his hug and looked all over her. "You are the same Twilight I met months ago, right?"

Twilight giggled. "Yes Flash, the very same."

Flash raised his eyebrow. "Wasn't there another Twilight or is my eyes playing tricks?"

Twilight laughed sheepishly. "Yes, there's another me. Turns out, there's another me in your world." They turned towards were the girls were standing who were giggling at them while the human Twilight looked away with a blush on her face. "Honestly, I'm still surprised to meet with myself after I just stepped through the mirror. It's like looking at my own reflection...except with a mind of her own."

Flash frowned. "Why didn't they tell me that there is another you?"

Twilight cocked an eyebrow. "Would you believe them if they told you that there is another me in your world?"

"...good point," he admitted. "Well...at least the world didn't blow up for meeting a human version of yourself," Flash joked.

Twilight turned back to Flash as they both stood up from the ground. "You okay Flash? You looked like you've seen a ghost before you passed out."

Flash had a look of guilt on his face. "Sorry for worrying you Twi. How long was I out?"

"About five minutes."

"Ah."

Flash rubbed the back of his neck as he looked away. "This whole day is not only crazy, but also confusing for me. Our rival team from Crystal Prep arrived for the Games, plants came out of nowhere, portals popping everywhere and on top of that, a girl showed up who I thought it was you, turned out to be your double from Crystal Prep and then turned into a monster and attacked the school. It's all thanks to Sunset for saving you- er I mean, the other you from her corrupted magic."

Twilight frowned. "Do you resent her for being a student from Crystal Prep and attacking your school?"

"Of course not!" Flash answered without hesitation. "It wasn't her fault that she was out of control. Her Principle was the one who made her that way." He spat at the word 'Principle' before calming himself. "Besides, I told the other students long ago that it doesn't matter if she's from Crystal Prep. I knew for the fact that she is the same nice but smart girl as you- well she is you but not exactly you, but she acted the same as you but there are some differences and- UGH my head hurts!"

Twilight giggled. "Don't worry, I know what you mean. I'm glad that you don't think Ill of her after everything what happened here."

Flash shook his head. "Oh trust me Twilight, we're nothing like how those Crystal jerks treated her from earlier...well most of them."

Twilight frowned. "Yeah...I heard. Twilight looked down. "I wondered if that's would've been like if I haven't met my friends?" she muttered to herself.

"What was that?" Flash asked.

"It was nothing," Twilight said quickly as she looked back up to Flash. "It seems like the me from this world could use a few friends. It must be because she was alone this whole time."

"Say no more," Flash interjected. "I will definitely try to befriend her, even if she's at another school at the other side of town."

"Actually, they told me that she's transferring here to Canterlot High," said Twilight.

Flash blinked in surprise. "Really? You serious?"

Twilight nodded. Flash looked away with an unsure expression on his face. Noticed this, Twilight decided to speak up.

"What's wrong?"

Flash was hesitant for a moment before he finally answered her. "Well...I'm happy that she's be moving in here and I mean what I said but...I think this might be a little awkward trying to befriend a girl who looked exactly as another girl from another dimension who I had a crush on."

Twilight nodded in understanding. "I see what you mean. But as you said earlier, while she is technically me, but at the same time, she's not me either. Just treat her as a different person and try to get to know her. Just think of it like hanging out with my long lost twin sister."

Flash blinked. "Huh...Well it's weird, but if you put it that way, it kinda makes sense." Flash then frowned. "But what about the rest of the students on this campus. Some thought your double is you...if you know what I mean."

"I already told the girls to take care of that and they're filling that in with the other me of what happened months before," Twilight explained. "As for the other students, I wouldn't worry about them too much. They're already aware about the magic at this point and I'm sure they won't tell anyone. Even if they did, I doubt anyone outside of school would believe them."

Flash pondered her words for a moment before he nodded in agreement. "Yeah, good point." Flash then gave Twilight his hopeful smile. "So are you staying?"

Twilight sigh with a look of regret. "I love too...but I had to get back. I only came here because I just received Sunset's message about magic going out of control in this world after I was thrown into multiple time loops by this mare who is now my new student for friendship."

Flash blinked. "Time loops?"

"It's a long story."

Flash looked down as he placed his hands in his pockets. "Well...will I see you again?"

Twilight smiled. "Of course, after everything settled down at my end, I'll be coming back here to visit. We still have a lot to catch up on, including that date I promised we'll go to."

Twilight gave Flash a quick smooch on his cheek causing him to blush. Ignoring the giggles from her friends, Twilight smiled softly at him before giving him a wink.

"See ya next time!" She said before turning around and head back to her friends. After a quick goodbyes to her friends, Twilight stepped through the statue and disappeared.

Flash stood there with a stunned look on his face before he smiled and place his hand on his cheek where Twilight kissed him.

"She's one of a kind," he sighed dreamy before he suddenly blinked out of his dream like state. "Whoa déjà vu!"

"Um...excuse me?"

Flash turned slightly to see another Twilight with glasses and Crystal Prep uniform, looking slightly away from him in a shy manner.

"Um...you may not remember me- oh what am I saying, of course you do! We met twice and I blew you off. I musta cause you so much confusion since I looked exactly like her- well ninety-five percent like her anyway."

The human Twilight noticed Flash was starring at her blankly. Twilight cleared her throat to break the awkward tension.

"What I'm trying to say is...I'm sorry for my behavior and for all the confusion I've caused. I didn't mean to give you a bad impression...as well as hers."

"Oh...that's okay," he reassured softly. "It was all a misunderstanding. Besides this isn't the first time we get strange things happen at our school."

"So I heard," Sci-Twi said with a smirk before she changed to her serious expression. "Anyway so you know, I'm aware that you have...feelings for my double. While I'm okay with this, but it does feel a bit weird for me. Don't get me wrong, you seemed like a nice guy, but please remember that while I may look like her, I'm not her either. I am my own person."

Flash nodded. "I understand. I'll admit, I felt weird about this too. But I'm hoping that in time...we can be good friends. That is...if you want to."

Twilight smiled softly. "Actually...I would like that." She then extend her arm towards him. "Let's start over, I'm Twilight Sparkle...well, I'm sure you knew that already. What's yours?"

Flash stared at Twilight for a moment. He knew this will be difficult and this will take time for them to get use to each other before becoming friends. This will also take time for him to get use to the fact that this Twilight is separate than the other Twilight from another world.

It will be a long road for the both of them, but it's a start.

Flash smiled and reached out to shake Twilight's hand. "I'm Flash...Flash Sentry."

Author's Note:

Welp, that's the end of the story. Thank you so much for sticking around despite the long updates. :twilightsheepish:

I'm sorry it took me so long to finish. Aside my personal life and stuff, I had trouble in writing this story especially with the third chapter. With I Just Wanted to Say, I'm Sorry, I know what to write right off the bat and it easily took me one night to complete. With this however, I kinda struggled with it every now and then especially that my interest in this story was low at that point. But I don't want to leave you all hanging with an incomplete story and the 4th movie is just around the corner, I took my time with it until I finally got it to finish. :pinkiesmile:

One thing I need to clear the air before someone ask me in the comments. Will there be a sequel?

Honestly...I'm not sure. I don't know if there will be another story of Flash's perceptive during LoE movie. It all depends on how the movie plays out and if I picked up any interests from it. It's not a 'no' but it not a 'yes' either. All I can say is...we'll see. :applejackunsure:

Anyway, thank you all again for reading my story and take care! :twilightsmile:

Comments ( 8 )

That was very heartwarming. If you do make an adaptation of Legend of Everfree, it will hopefully be a lot happier for Flash since unlike in the original Friendship Games, he was able to have closure and actually befriend Sci-Twi.

Spoiler Alert: My story, The Lost Hero, will eventually have a scene similar to this. I'm not ripping off your story. I came up with the entire plot months ago, it just takes me forever to write.

Just realized you never addressed why Sunset and the others never talked to Flash, since they seemed to be good friends in Rainbow Rocks and supported Twilight and Flash's relationship.

7524684 I'm glad you liked the story. Like I said, whether I'll make an adaption of LoE from Flash's perspective, we'll see.

As for your own story, I'm okay with you having the same idea as mine for the scene, just as long as you don't copy word for word. Okay?

7524753 I made a minor edit of the chapter, briefly explained why the Rainbooms didn't talk to Flash. Hope that helps explain it better.

7525014 It's not going to be a copy. Like I said, I came up with the idea months ago, but it may take me until next year to get to that chapter.

I'm telling you long distance relationship never work out!!

Not a bad ending not bad at all.

The two teens sat on the visiting chairs of the nurse's office as Red Nurseheart was busy putting on some finishing touches on Bon Bon's wound. After nurse Redheart bring down the swelling of the bruise with ice and put on an ointment on Bon Bon's wound, she wrapped Bon Bon's ankle up with a bandage, keeping it tight but comfortable.

brought down*

"Yes, but a sprained ankle nearly cost your life!" Lyra exclaimed. "I shuddered to think what would've happen if we we're there to save you."

if we weren't there to save you."*

Speaking of which, Flash decided to head towards the statue since he knows that's where the Rainbooms normally hangs out. Even if he somehow missed the other Twilight, they can at least help him find her. As he was getting closer, he noticed all the girls were sitting on a blanket near the statue, except for Sunset and Twilight with Twilight's back facing him. Excited that Twilight is still here, he rushed over towards her. As he gotten closer to them, he was unprepared with what he saw in front of him.

Wouldn't it make more sense if this happened a few hours or a day after the events of the end of FG? :applejackconfused:

Suddenly, the music was abruptly changed to a much more slower pace. The two of them were frozen as they looked around to see some of the students were slow dancing with their partners without a care to the world. The both looked at each other with a blush as if they've been standing for an eternally until Flash stick his hand out to her with a small smile, silently asked her to dance with him. Despite her blush was more redder than before, Twilight nodded back to him with a smile on her own before she grasped his hand. The two then slowly danced around the floor with their eyes not leaving the other in a comfortable silence. They were dancing with each other for about ten minutes before Flash finally decided to break the ice.

They both looked at each other until Flash stuck out his hand out to her with a small smile, silently asking her to dance with him.*

Twilight sighed sadly, not wanting to end their moment so soon. "Well...now that I got my crown back, I had to return to my world now so I can protect it along with my friends...from Equestria I mean."

I have to return*

He couldn't believe this. This amazing girl that he just met is going to return home to her world now. And he may never see her again. He wanted to persuade her, he wanted to plead with her, he wanted find a way to buy them some more time for her to stay longer. But as much as it pains him, he knew there was nothing he could do about it.

wanted to find a way*

Flash raised his eyebrow. "Wasn't there another Twilight or is my eyes playing tricks?"

or are my eyes playing tricks?"*

Twilight laughed sheepishly. "Yes, there's another me. Turns out, there's another me in your world." They turned towards were the girls were standing who were giggling at them while the human Twilight looked away with a blush on her face. "Honestly, I'm still surprised to meet with myself after I just stepped through the mirror. It's like looking at my own reflection...except with a mind of her own."

towards where the girls were standing*

Twilight giggled. "Don't worry, I know what you mean. I'm glad that you don't think Ill of her after everything what happened here."

ill of her after everything that happened here."*

Flash was hesitant for a moment before he finally answered her. "Well...I'm happy that she's be moving in here and I mean what I said but...I think this might be a little awkward trying to befriend a girl who looked exactly as another girl from another dimension who I had a crush on."

that she be moving. Her*

Aside from the mistakes in this story, it's stuff like this I wish we got for eqg. I sometimes wish Hasbro did a lot for Flash as he couldn't been a great character if the writing team knew what they were doing. But hey, stuff like this exists, and ultimately, that's all I really need. :twilightsmile:

Login or register to comment