• Published 12th Jul 2015
  • 2,642 Views, 20 Comments

Big Mac's Desires - Just A Random Pegasus



After Princess Luna causes everypony in Ponyville to share the same dream, Applejack questions Big Mac about his desires.

  • ...
7
 20
 2,642

Why?

Applejack trotted out of Twilight's castle. She had just recently woken up from a good dream. As she trotted home, she thought about that monster that was invading dreams. Luckily, Princess Luna stopped it, and everything went back to normal. Well, the dream she destroyed it in wasn't very normal. She then remembered seeing her brother, Big Macintosh, turn into an alicorn prince. She thought that was kind of strange, but didn't make a big deal about it to her friends.

By now, she was walking through the orchard. The smell of dew on the grass in the morning filled her nostrils. She happily breathed in the morning smell as she approached the barn.

"Ah, good morning, Applejack!" Granny Smith greeted as Applejack stepped into the barn.

"Good mornin', Granny." Applejack looked at the table, where she saw Big Mac and Applebloom eating breakfast. She took her seat at the table and poured some cereal into her bowl. She looked up at Big Mac again, and noticed he had a particularly happy smile on his face. Every now and then, he would have that smile on his face in the morning.

"My, you look pretty happy today, Big Mac!" Applejack said suspiciously as her brother nodded.

"Eeyup!" Big Mac responded as he shoved a big spoon of cereal into his mouth. He looked a little upset about using his hooves to pick up the spoon.

"Can I ask you something after breakfast, Big Mac? I need to ask you this in private."

Big Mac looked at his sister with a small look of confusion. "Eeyup."

"Hey! Are you thinking I'm too young to hear whatever you're talking about?!" Applebloom remarked.

"Of course not, sugar-cube," Applejack paused for a moment, fumbling with her hooves to find the right words. "It's just that... you're going to think one of us might be crazy or somethin'. It may also be personal to Big Mac."

"Do you know one of his secrets or somethin'?" Applebloom then got a large and mischievous smile. "I want to know! Big Mac never has any secrets!"

"No, Applebloom. This is something that your big siblings are going to talk about alone," Applejack responded as Applebloom's smile faded off her face.

"Awwww! But..."

"Nope!"

"Fine. But you owe me a trip to get ice cream!"

Applejack rolled her eyes. "Alright." She then continued to eat her cereal.

When both Big Mac and herself were done, she got up from the table.

"Big Mac, can I ask you in your room?"

"Eeyup." Big Mac now sounded a little nervous as he followed Applejack.

The two stepped inside the room and closed the door.

"You've got some explainin' to do, big brother."

"What? Did I do something wrong?" Big Mac asked. The only times he really said much was when he was alone with a member of his family, or really angry.

"Well, no." Applejack then tried to hold in her laughter. "Why did you turn into an alicorn prince in the dream last night?"

"Is there something wrong with that?"

"Of course not! I just find it kinda funny."

"Find what funny?"

"Well, things that happen in dreams are normally desired of the pony dreamin'." Applejack then held in another giggle. "It seems like you have a desire to become a royal."

Big Mac then looked down at his hooves, his eyes nervously darting. "Do you wanna see something? Don't tell anypony."

"See what?" Applejack then saw her brother walk to his dresser. He took out a journal of some sort and placed it in front of Applejack.

"This is a journal of stories that I write." Big Mac paused, his cheeks growing redder than they already are. "I write about... myself becoming a prince."

Applejack flipped through the pages. She caught glimpses of paragraphs detailing his power to cause any kind of crop to grow, and that's why he is a prince. Applejack also saw many illustrations of Big Mac on a red throne with green apples outlining it.

"Wow... you really put a lot of effort into this!" Applejack remarked as she continued flipping through the pages.

"Eeyup."

"But... why?" Applejack tilted her head. "Normally fillies are the ones who hope to become princesses."

"I know..." Big Mac paused for a second. "I've always wanted to become an alicorn because... I want to see the world."

"Huh? Can't you do that on a regular basis? You're old enough to go out on your own."

"I know." Big Mac then flipped through the pages of his journal. "What I mean is, I want to meet more ponies."

"There's a lot of ponies here in Ponyville! Why, I'll-"

"No, you don't understand. I'm too shy to make many friends. Ponies normally don't appreciate my lack of having normal conversations."

"...I see what you mean." Applejack tapped on her chin with her hoof. "You're sayin', if you became an alicorn prince, more ponies will respect you and give you the chance to be their friend?"

"Eeyup." A small smile formed on Big Mac's lips. "It would also be fun to be an alicorn. I've always wanted to use magic, and flying would help me go places faster."

"I suppose it would be pretty fun!" Applejack chuckled as she handed her brother the journal back. "I reckon ya want this back."

Big Mac took the book and hid it in his dresser again. He then got a sterner look on his face. "Now, you have to promise me to not tell anypony."

"You can trust me, Big Mac." Applejack then put a hoof on his shoulder. "Would I be the Element of Honesty if I broke promises?"

"Nope." Big Mac grew a smile, happy he could trust his sister.

"Oh yeah, thanks for tellin' me this. I know that this might be somethin' you wanted to keep private."

Big Mac nodded his head. "Eeyup. I've always wanted to get this secret off my chest, but I didn't know who to talk to."

Applejack nodded her head back in response. "I totally understand. You can always come to me when you need to get a secret of your chest." She then waved to her brother as she left his room.


After the sun had set and Big Mac was asleep, Applejack sneaked into his room. She dug through his drawer and found his journal.

This will make a great bedtime story... Applejack thought, a small smirk forming on her face.

Princess Big Mac... She chuckled softly as she left her brother's bedroom; his journal firmly locked in her grasp.

Author's Note:

When I saw the episode, "Do Princesses Dream of Magic Sheep?", I just knew I had to write a story about Big Mac and his desire to be an alicorn.

Well, I hope you enjoyed! :derpytongue2:

Edit: I realized that I accidentally typed 'Bic Mac' on the title and once in the story... it's changed now. :rainbowlaugh:

Comments ( 17 )

Mac, you're drunk. Wake up.

Not bad considering the speed you must've of wrote but maybe you went a little too quick,, A few misspells and the talk is a bit rough but considering how rough my own writing is,, Not bad at all....

What if Luna needs the Mane 6 and Spike's help for another adventure?

You do realise that Applebloom saw "Princess" Big Mac during the dream, right? :facehoof:

Everypony saw Princess Big Mac. :rainbowlaugh:

Big Mac is a technical fan fic writer? I APPROVE! :pinkiehappy::raritystarry::eeyup:

This didn't take long.

All hail Big Bigishounen Princess Macintosh. :eeyup:

It's always the quiet ones, I tell ya. :eeyup:

A Story About Big McIntosh

"Big McIntosh," said Applejack, "I couldn't help but notice you havin' a great plot hook for a story last night."

"Eeyup," said Big McIntosh. "That there was a great plot hook all right. I hope somepony writes a story about it."

"Me too," said Applejack. "That would make a mighty fine story."

Applejack and Big McIntosh smiled happily.

THE END

Eh. If this was much longer, I wouldn't have enjoyed it very much, but as it is, it's kind of a nice short read.

Of course Mac wants to be a princess. Who doesn't?

...

... Right?

6198903

I've actually been considering writing Big Mac's journal as a sequel to this story. It would probably be a few days before I get the draft started, though.

I guess it's a story... but there is no conflict, no build up, no climax, and no resolution.
Any of these things would have been nice.

6202030 And Applejack is a dick to her brother at the end.

6202965 Arent all Siblings Dicks to eah other at one point or another? I know me and brothers are like that often with each other.

The Element of Honesty went back on her word!?:pinkiegasp::twilightoops::facehoof:
Next!!!!:scootangel:

Took me forever to get around to reading this. And it's kind of interesting.

Login or register to comment