• Published 26th Apr 2015
  • 9,725 Views, 264 Comments

Love Until Dusk - MyLittleGeneration



After the Battle of the Bands, the Dazzlings left, defeated and very angry. Well, two of them. The other one was left, abandoned. She was Sonata Dusk. Until a boy comes by to her side. With Dusk Shine by Sonata, love comes by.

  • ...
31
 264
 9,725

Girl Talk

(Sonata's P.O.V)

I drove towards Rarity's house, the city being calm and settled. However, I didn't feel too much of that. I felt shaken, petrified, and most importantly, worried. I couldn't help but think back to what he described to me... What he was doing... MY boyfriend... With those thoughts of me being hurt, of HIM being hurt...

"Woah!" I yelled as I hit the brakes, avoiding a car crash. I wasn't paying attention, which nearly put my front out with another car's backside. I let out a long sigh. "C'mon, Sonata, he's just... worried. He's looking out for you, afraid of losing you, it's just he cares for you deeply... Then again, how come he thinks of Adagio? I mean, to kill me? Well, second thought, she has technically did that, almost got away with it, and hurt me when we met again, but then..." I lowered my head. "Maybe Rarity can help me with this. Maybe she knows what to do with stuff like this? Can't be harmful to talk about with a friend, right?"

I bit my nail, thinking about it, then came to conclusion, "Yes, I'll tell her." Now, here's to hoping Shine won't be hurt by this. It's such a secret he doesn't really want out, but it just has to be told to somebody. Forgive me...


I pull up at Rarity's little shop, and head right on in. Rarity was at the front desk, giving me a friendly smile. "Sonata, darling, so good to see you here." she greeted. "So, I have some small things here, but would like a hand here. A bunch of fine girls' clothing I have in store to sell, I was hoping you'd help manage them, get them sorted out, again, the little stuff. I also thought that maybe we could spend some time a bit, maybe get to know well about each other, too."

I nodded. "That sounds nice." I rubbed my arm, looking a little down.

Rarity noticed, tilting her head. "Er, Sonata, darling?"

"Huh?" I looked up at Rarity.

"Everything alright?" she asked. I nodded. "O-Okay."

"Why wouldn't I be?"

"Oh, well, you just look down and you're rubbing your arm, that's all. Just noticed and kinda made a quick reaction, that's all." she responded. "I hope I didn't make you upset or anything."

"No, you're fine." I assured. "Where are the clothes?"

She pointed down the room. "Right over there, darling. Just be nice and tidy with them, alright?" I gave her a thumbs-up. "Good. I'm just busy sometimes, which eventually leads me to call a friend over to do the small things. Again, hope you don't mind."

"It's alright." I took a look at the clothes, a whole mash of colors from blue, to red, to yellow, to green, and much more. Almost like a rainbow, come to think of it, except more colors than an actual rainbow. I started getting the clothes settled with, sorting them out very carefully.

Then, Rarity started a conversation. She was across the room, looking through some paper, when suddenly, "So how's Shine?" she asked, in a tone as if she's happy for us and thinks happy and cute things are going. A chill went up my spine, just thinking about what happened earlier, but I took a gulp and thought of an answer.

"Happy." I simply answered.

"Aw!" she said. "I assume you're the same, too?" That got me a bit. I still loved him, but at the moment, I was just a little scared and frightened. But anywho, couldn't really do that... not now, at least.

"Mmhmm." I went on sorting the clothing, a little faster and less cautious, this time.

But, Rarity continued on. "So, anything you two have done lately?" I nearly dropped a dress on the floor.

"Just sit around, watch TV, and cutely cuddle. Haha." I nervously laughed. I looked back to see Rarity raise a small brow, but turned back to her work. I'm really starting to show signs that I'm not alright, now.

"Okay... Well, come to mind, I'm curious..." A soft giggle came from her. "This is just the two of us, girls and all, so... Did you do anything sexy yet?" I furiously blushed. Now I crossed thoughts of both a feared Shine to now a smoking-hot Shine with his nice... body... I shook my head.

"Uh, yeah, actually." A loud and happy squeal emerged from her. "Nothing too big, though."

"Nothing too big?!" she questioned as if shocked. "Sonata, darling, how can it not be too- Actually, mind to be more specific?"

"Well, one day, we went a little deeper in our relationship, we both... made out, and then... I took my shirt off-"

"HUWHA?!" Rarity reacted instantly. I slightly jumped, blushing madly from the thought back to the day we had that happen. "I mean, hehe, go on."

"Well, we just... did it, that's all." I looked at Rarity, blushing wildly. "R-Rarity?"

"Oh, n-nothing." She gulped loudly that I could hear from where I was standing. "Did you use a... um... co-"

"Woah! No, not like that, nononononono!" I told her. "I mean, almost to that point, but the both of us weren't to that point. It was just the two of us making out and getting a little undressed, that's all."

Rarity waved a hand in front of her face, trying to cool off and hope for her blush to disappear. "Oh, of course, why haven't I thought of that?" She scratched her neck, quietly laughing. "Anywho, glad to hear the two of you are alright. Seriously, I wish you two the best, and I know you two will just be so cute! Him looking over you, making sure you aren't hurt or sad, being your guardian angel, and..."

Her voice drowned out, I heard my own heartbeat, and the instant flash occurred. I found myself back at the moment, where he... told me everything. Literally everything about his nightmare. Literally everything about his sudden daydream. Literally... his fear. His whole fear of me being hurt and lost... but it all felt too strong. Why the hell is he thinking that now? Why Adagio? He actually thinks Adagio's going to hurt me? That ragged, old bi- No, she's my sister. She wouldn't hurt- I mean, kill me. How dare he, just- But then again, he's looking out, wants me safe, worried about losing me forever, I mean, I think the same... right?

"Sonata? Sonata?" I felt my body being shook, Shine's image disappeared, and a voice I just heard a minute ago came right back. "Sonata?!"

"W-Wah?" At first, when I saw Rarity's face, I thought the vision was coming back. I waited for a second, then found out that it was already back. Her face was in poor quality, ruined by all the tears on my face, tears I didn't even feel coming, tears I didn't even felt like coming out. "R-Rarity?" My voice became shaky.

"Sonata, what's wrong, darling?" Rarity asked. I lowly whimpered. "Sweetie?"

I gave her a crushing hug, sobbing my tears on her shoulder. "S-S-Shine..."

I heard a light gasp escape from Rarity's mouth. "What about him? D-Did he..." A brief pause passed on by, for what felt like an eternity. "Don't tell me he... hurt you." Her arms were around my back, giving me nice comfort.

"N-No..." I said through my sobs. "Just... he scared me today, not in a bad way, but..."

"No, Sonata, go on." She let go of the hug, took my hand, and brought me to the sofa in the room. "Take a deep breath, gather all your thoughts, then tell me everything."

I took in a deep breath... and let it all out. "Today..."


I explained the entire thing to Rarity. His nightmare, his daydream, everything that had me all curled up in a mess. I just hoped she took it nicely. "I see..." she said, brushing a strand of my hair behind my ear. "Sonata, darling, he's just looking out for you."

"I know... but-"

"But I'll say this: Shine's worry is a little... bizarre. Especially the nightmare bit. You said he thought Aria was going to be dead, which actually almost happened, some other small events occurred, like the breakfast bit, but now... Adagio..." My blood felt cold, but I held myself together. "I'm sure it's nothing to worry about. Say, do you want me to talk to Shine about it?"

My eyes widened. "No!" I said, springing up. "Nononononononononono!"

"My, calm down, Sonata."

"No! I- He- Shine can't know I told you this!" I told her.

"Why not?"

"Because... I'm afraid he might get mad. He kinda didn't want this out there, but I knew it had to be told to someone. Besides, you saw me, I was in a wreck."

"I know, darling, but I think if maybe I took you and your boyfriend over here for a chat, maybe things can go a little better. He can worry, he's got the freedom to, you're his little gem." I lightly blushed and smiled. "However, he shouldn't worry that much. Especially with the bit of Adagio. Don't know where that came from."

"Maybe cause Adagio hurt me?" I brought up. "Remember? Adagio punched me, she pretty much went with trying to kill me, plus there has been situations where she could get violent. Hard to believe, but more violent than even Aria can be in her punk-ish ways." Rarity's mouth was agape, surprised. "Maybe he has something with Adagio. I dunno, but I really am worried for him."

Rarity put her hand on top of mine. "Darling, the only way to fix it, is that we need to talk to him about it. It'll just be me and you. I know you might've had your talk with him, and it should be just the two of you, but I believe it won't hurt to lend a hand to help your situation."

I hugged her quickly. "Thanks, Rarity, I-I'll be here tomorrow."

"Aw, anything for a friend." she added. "Just bring him around here tomorrow, and we'll see if we can make him feel better. Again, he's just way over with worry. He cares, but a little too much. Hope you can do well by the house tonight."

"Oh, we're fine." I said. "We pretty much went calm when I left to go here, and it's not like we broke up or anything. Just a little wacky moment, that's all."

"And I'm glad it went like that." Rarity patted my back. "Now, before you go, can you finish up the rest of the clothes? You don't mind that, do you?" I shook my head. "Good, then you can leave. Thank you for helping me out here."

"Hey, anything for a friend." Rarity gave me a nice smile, then I finished up with the sorting. Once I set home, I saw Shine, sleeping on the couch. His light snores in the middle of the day were the only sound in the room. I decided to just leave him there for a while until he got up. Just hoping that tomorrow, we can get this situation out.

I love you, Shine... I really do...

Author's Note:

And I ain't letting this delay be no mo! Fear not! Holy shite, I actually got this out in less than a month. WAY less. This is for how late and poor I was with the last chapter. For all of you, lovelies! :pinkiehappy:

Hope you enjoyed!

Comments ( 8 )

I wonder what's next? Maybe, Sonata talking with the rest of The Rainbooms?

when u gonna update bro

7673406 I know, it's been a while...

Srsly tho. Update soon please

Great story, can't wait for the next chapter. Still, amazing story.

Comment posted by DragonKiller345 deleted May 16th, 2018

7673443
Hey are you going to continue the story if so how many more chapters are left

Login or register to comment