• Published 26th Apr 2015
  • 9,725 Views, 264 Comments

Love Until Dusk - MyLittleGeneration



After the Battle of the Bands, the Dazzlings left, defeated and very angry. Well, two of them. The other one was left, abandoned. She was Sonata Dusk. Until a boy comes by to her side. With Dusk Shine by Sonata, love comes by.

  • ...
31
 264
 9,725

School?

With the following day done and won, we continued to Sunday. Though, not much happened. Me and Sonata both watched some more television and such, pretty much watching cartoons, like Gravity Falls and Avatar: The Last Airbender. Which by the way, Sonata seems to be very interested in that cartoon. I don't blame her, it's pretty epic. But you know, whenever I left the living room, she decided to watch some Nick Jr. But atleast she watched a specific show: Blue's Clues. Oh, my childhood. I even spent some time watching it with her. At first when I noticed, she saw me, and blushed wildly.

"It's u-uh... my one of my favorites!" Sonata said. She was blushing very brightly, and who wouldn't? You just don't see a teen watch a toddler's show every day. But I didn't mind. After all, childhood was based around this cartoon.

"Don't worry." I told her. "It's cool you like this show." I smiled.

"R-really?" she asked. "F-for realzies?" I nod.

"My childhood was wrapped around this kind of stuff, and it was good times. Even when I was a pre-teen, and this is between you and me, I kinda took some trips down memory lane watching this stuff." She then smiled at me, very childishly.

"OK." she said. We then watched an entire Blue's Clues cartoon. Honestly, she was adorable. It's impossible to ignore. She's like that innocent girl-next-door. You get what I mean? Probably...

Anyways, not much happened that day. So, ya. School was tomorrow, which I gotta get prepared for. I believe there was a quiz in Social Studies tomorrow, but I was totally prepared for it. Social Studies was my favorite class, and World War 2 was something I dive my nose into. So interesting, and so fun! Except for learning about the horrible things, like the Holocaust. (May they Rest In Peace) But, I shuffled through my backpack to make sure I got everything for that day. I did forget one thing one time, and it kinda sucked. But Sonata looked at my backpack strangely.

"Uh... what's dat?" she asked curiously. I gave her a pretty odd look. Does she know what a backpack is?

"Backpack." I answered. "Uh, you DO you know what a backpack is right? Or do you call it a knapsack?" I lifted up the backpack to show her.

She shook her head. "Don't really have a clue. Sorry if it makes me sound stupid."

Now that wasn't positive, but I did have to break it. That was pretty stupid. But maybe she's different. I showed it to her again. "This is a backpack. It's where you store your items and stuff in for traveling or whatever. Well, mainly for us, it's to carry things to school."

"School..." she said. "School... Never went to it." OK, now this is getting silly and stupid. I'm sorry, I-I just can't. But I held myself together.

"Well, funny. You do know you were singing in one, right? Canterlot High, that's the school." I told her. She then gave me a look of realization.

"Oooooooh. That's the school. Wowies, I feel my brain hurting through idioticy. I mean, how have I NEVER noticed?" Sonata facepalmed herself, feeling stupid.

"Well, wait a second, if you entered the school to sing, how do you-" I was losing my words on what to say.

"Well, we never DID learn during this. Or whatever the word is for getting knowledge." she admitted.

"Well, one: you got the word correct. Learning is the word for getting knowledge." I told her, then she smiled and squealed.

"Really? I'M SO SMART!" she screamed loudly. She was then jumping in celebration. Oh boy, this was getting into me here. She really needs to go to school. I'm not trying to be rude, but she HAD to go to school if she's going to live in this society.

"Two: how did you NEVER learn in this school? What were you doing, playing hooky?" I asked. She gave me a strange look, wondering what 'hooky' was. "Hooky is a way of saying skipping class."

"Well," she said. "I guess you can say I was. Or we were. Me, Adagio, and Aria, we usually just planned for our time to 'rule the school', which was boooring." She rested her head on her hands.

"Well, would you mind going to school... with me?" I ask. It was such a strange question to me, the way I said 'with me' bothered me. But, she shrugged.

"Eh, why not. It might be fun. You just never know." she said. I smiled.

"Trust me, it'll be good. But first, we need some supplies for school." I told her. I then told her to just stay here at home while I search for a backpack and school supplies. It wasn't really going to be much, that I knew. So, I rush to the superstore, and get a backpack and some essential school supplies to gear up Sonata. I return home, with Sonata watching Victorious, during a singing scene. Meanwhile, she tried to sing again, but didn't do that well. Not even close.

She noticed me, and once again blushed wildly. She knew I heard her singing. I place the stuff on the table. "My singing is really bad isn't it? And be honest, don't be too nice." she said, with a tear in her eye.

I put my hand on her shoulder. "Listen, I know it's rough and it sucks, but honest truth... your voice does pretty much blow. I'm sorry."

Sonata sniffled, and more tears formed. "It's all from those stupid gems! Those gave us our voice, our sweet and beautiful voice to just sing whenever. It was flawless, but now it isn't. Now without our gems." She looked down. It was depressing.

I rubbed my hand on her shoulder. "Everything'll be alright. You'll get your voice soon, I'm very sure of it." I told her. She then just looked at me with tears in her eyes.

"How?" she asks.

"Well, if you are going to school now, I guess you can come join me in my schedule, and one of my classes is Choir, so..." I got interrupted by Sonata cupping my mouth.

"NO! Nonononono!" Sonata freaked out. "I can't do that! I mean, you're going to sing with other people, and with this voice, if I sang, it'll be very noticeable and embarrassing. And no my voice won't just go back like THAT!" She shook me like a ragdoll, making me dizzy. "WHAT DO I DO?!"

I held both of her shoulders, making her calm and making her stop shaking me. "Listen, you'll do fine. Plus, it'll help practice your singing, making it sound better and better. Like that one guy said, 'Practice makes perfect'." She gave me a half-smile, and hugged me. Wrapping her arms around my neck, and although it was sweet and nice, it was like a snake squeezing me to death. I was surprised to feel how strong these hugs were.

"Thank you! You're really too kind!" She gave me a childish smile, and looked deep into my eyes. "You really don't have to be THIS nice to me. I know I almost died, but you can tone down your nice tone a little, teensy, weensy bit down. If you wanna, I mean."

I tapped her shoulder. "Please. Loosen grip..." I said like I was getting choked. Oh wait, I was. She let go. "Oh, well I said loosen it, not let go." I then blushed a little red.

"Nah, it's alright." she said quietly. "I was done, anyway." She then looked at the backpack I got her. It was big and pink, on the back, there was a giant blue music note, kinda like the little music note on her outfit. Not like I was staring at that specific part! She smiled at it. "It's... it's cute." she said.

"I knew you'd like it. It just seemed like a perfect backpack for ya." I told her, smiling along.

"You really are a cool guy, Dusk Shine. More caring then the Dazzlings were before the incident happened. It seems like you care about me a lot." Sonata spent no time waiting, and gave another hug, less tighter this time. And it was very comforting. I was glad I was being able to make her happy right now. Never thought I was going to be able to.

"Oh, and also," I started to say. I remember that the Rainbooms were in some of my classes on my schedule, so maybe Sonata can spend some time or whatevs. "I know for certain the gang usually appear in some of my classes, so maybe you can be next to them during class. Just don't talk during teaching, cause you'll get a taste of trouble." I chuckled.

"What does trouble taste like?" she asked.

I chuckled again. "Pretty bad. Never tasted it, but I've seen others had some, and it looked pretty sour."

She stuck her tongue out in a 'bleh' way, like vomiting. "I hate sour stuff." she said, giggling afterwards. We then assemble the school supplies in her backpack, and get ready for bed. I take my shower, Sonata uses mine afterwards, which kinda felt weird, but then we took our daily dose of sleep afterward. School. That's gonna happen tomorrow.

Author's Note:

Hope you all enjoyed again! :twilightsmile: But I noticed I'm getting more attention (and love) than the one story I had read that gave me the idea to do this! So please, just please for a while, read through Mallory Shadowielder's story. He only has that one. It has Sonata and an OC, but it's really good. REALLY GOOD. So please, he should have some spotlight, matter of fact, the same spotlight as this story. And if you don't have time to read his, atleast stop by his and give his story a like. He didn't tell me to do this. I wanted to do this.:twilightsmile: