• Published 26th Apr 2015
  • 9,716 Views, 264 Comments

Love Until Dusk - MyLittleGeneration



After the Battle of the Bands, the Dazzlings left, defeated and very angry. Well, two of them. The other one was left, abandoned. She was Sonata Dusk. Until a boy comes by to her side. With Dusk Shine by Sonata, love comes by.

  • ...
31
 264
 9,716

Nightmares Meant To Fear...

I woke up in my bed the next morning, all stretched out and comfortable. It felt great to get a good night's sleep. But, I walked into the kitchen, and saw Aria and Sonata together. They were just talking, and Aria was making waffles for us. To my surprise, she was damn good at it. And we moved on to the day.

We all huddled up with friends, and decided to head out into the mall, and just do whatever. This was Rarity's idea, by the way. Typical. Anywho, I was just hanging with Aria and Sonata, who was happy as a little bumblebee. She, for some reason, just wanted her hair loose and free. I liked it a lot, and it looked pretty cute and hot. We eventually walked to the music store to get tunes. After all, who doesn't love music?

Aria was into punk and metal, which didn't really surprise me. She listened to cool kinds of guys like Green Day and other bands. Sonata just listened to pop music, and was looking forward to get a CD of any band. She seemed really cheery, happy, and I loved it. I eventually just grabbed a CD case of 'The Main Drag', who absolutely rocked! They were indie people, but they definitely got the attention they deserve. I grabbed the case containing the three albums, and moved on with the sisters.

We bought the CDs, and went on our merry way home. Rarity got clothes, Dash got a guitar, Sunset got another jacket, Fluttershy bought a dog toy, Pinkie bought candy, and AJ got a pair of overalls for her little sister, Applebloom. We drove home, having a nice talk and a couple of good laughs, and went on home to do whatever else. I just watched TV with Aria.

Though, when time passed... it felt strange. I-I don't know why... it felt strange to just sit in the seat and not hear from Sonata... She was in the backyard, but didn't come back for like an hour. I just felt uncomfortable. Either I was just being weird, or something is amiss. I couldn't. I got up to go look in the backyard, and I saw nothing. Just... green grass in the evening.

Okay, NOW I was worried. I turned back and Aria was... gone? The hell? The living room was empty, and she was nowhere to be found. I soon decide to walk in my room. M-maybe she just walked in to get something for some reason? I don't know why I thought of that, but then something got me. I heard crying. Soft crying... and it was Sonata. Definitely Sonata.

I rushed to my bedroom and opened the door to see... Sonata. Crying, looking broken... and out of the blue. Why was she all... broken all of a sudden? She looked like she was hit with depression in just a minute. But, speaking of depression... and hit...

Blood.

Blood...

Blood?

It trickled down Sonata's bare arm that was shown, and on that arm was a large cut. It was a large one, alright. She cut herself... But for what reason? She-

"Aria's dead..." said Sonata softly. Wait...

"She's dead... why..." Sonata was weeping that Aria, her very sister, is... dead? W-when- how? This was happening! Wait, surely this was all a nightmare. But, it felt so real...

I kneeled by Sonata's side, and gave her a hug. A very tight hug. I, in God's name, had no idea why she was doing this, and why in the hell she was saying that Aria was dead. She wasn't... Not at all...

I then felt nothing. And just heard sniffles and crying from Sonata. I wasn't in my room no more. Well... glad to say it's a nightmare, then. But, doesn't mean it's over...

I was in the woods, and saw Sonata and another figure. A figure I knew... and yet feared.

"Adagio?" questioned Sonata. She stood in front of the grinning lady, and soon, Adagio struck. A huge, hard fist, right across Sonata's soft cheek.

"SONATA!" I yelled. But nobody, not Sonata nor Adagio heard me. It was like there was a barrier of some sort. Still, I yelled. "SONATA!"

Adagio was on top of Sonata, bleeding, and soon wrapped her hands around her throat. No... She tightened her grip, with Sonata gagging and flailing her arms, hopeless and helpless... NO... And soon, Sonata just stopped.

She stopped her gagging and flailing. Her eyes closed. She was soon-

No... No... NO... NO...

"NO!" I shouted, and saw Adagio, grinning at me with malice dripping. Adagio... k-killed Sonata...

"SONATA!!!"

"Dusk!" Immediately, I felt something warm and soft wrap around my neck. It was Sonata, and I also felt something on my shoulders. Her tears. "Shine, calm down... I'm here." she whispered softly into my ear. It was soothing, and calmed me down.

What the hell just happened?

I hugged Sonata back, nice and tight. I then started... to cry. I felt like a baby, a coward, a little poor kid. But I didn't care. It was truly and absolutely terrifying. Even got to me more when it was Sonata waking me up, crying and hugging me. I must've scared the living Christ out of her.

"Shine, what's wrong?" she soon asks. I really didn't wanna, but I did. I explained the whole thing to her. The more I got into the dream, the more scared and shocked she was. Especially hearing me saying she said that Aria was dead, that she cut herself, and was killed by Adagio. The real nightmare.

Sonata's eyes teared up quickly. "S-Shine... d-don't scare m-me like that..." she said through sniffles. "This isn't funny..."

"It is true!" I said. "I'm not joking, and it isn't funny at all!" I quickly gave her another soothing hug, and she weeped on my shoulder. "Sonata, I'm being serious... it happened..."

She finally looked at me. "Okay, Shiney... I just got really scared when you started freaking out in your sleep."

"I must have been terrified."

She nodded. "Yup." Sonata looked around the room, then quietly asked, "H-hey... you had a nightmare, so... is it alright if I can sleep with ya to maybe get rid of the nightmares?" She softly smiled. "For r-realzies?" Her face was then pink with blush.

"Oh, you don't really have to..."

"I mean, is it alright with you?" she quietly asks. "Besides, I almost got a nightmare anyways before you woke me up."

"What nightmare?"

"Walking Dead. With tacos!" She wraps her arms around herself, tugging tightly. "We were the ones getting eaten..."

"Alright." I said. "Y-you can sleep with me." I couldn't believe it. She's actually gonna be sleeping with me in my room! I felt like squealing, but I didn't. Wonder if she had the same thing on her mind.

Sonata softly giggled and smiled as she closed her eyes as she slept in my bed and I was on the floor. "Heehee..."

Yup, she was giddy. Maybe she really just wanted to sleep with me after all, and this was the perfect time. I thought that was the answer, judging her smile as she was asleep, her hair loose from the ponytail and all free. I dug my face into the pillow, and once again sleep. And no nightmares formed...

...Though fear of the future only grew...

Author's Note:

Like this chapter? Leave a like and comment to support! :twilightsmile: And what in the devil could happen next?