• Published 15th Apr 2015
  • 16,123 Views, 653 Comments

Fortresshy 1.5: For(t) Pony - Tatsurou



Fluttershy and Team RED MOON adjust to life in Equestria as the events of Season 4 pass.

  • ...
33
 653
 16,123

Anticlimax

"I do not like this plan, sister," Luna said as she walked down the halls of Canterlot Castle alongside her elder sister.

"I'm not very fond of it either, Luna," Celestia replied. "However, I do not see how we have any other choice. You know how dangerous Tirek is, and by the time we could find him to confront him directly, he will have grown too powerful. Discord's the only one who can track his actions as-"

"Not the only one," Luna pointed out. "Engineer's Australium detector also picked up the fluctuation in the magical field as Tirek drained magic from a poor pony. He's already at work modifying it and setting up several detection stations so he can triangulate Tirek's exact location the next time he drains magic. As long as he remains unaided, a group of unicorn guardsmen teleported to his exact location will be able to take him down, presuming we don't choose to go in force with the four of us, backed by RED MOON."

Celestia sighed. "And how many ponies will Tirek drain while Engineer gets these stations built?" Celestia asked. "And what if it doesn't work? No, we can't wait and hope."

"And yet we should hope that Discord can resist whatever blandishments Tirek might lay before him with his silver tongue to turn him?" Luna asked. "I have no objections to the plan of using Discord. My objection is sending him alone."

Celestia turned to look at Luna. "And who would you send with him? And how would you do so without offending him?"

"I would send Fluttershy to act as his conscience," Luna replied, "and I would tell him it's because she felt she was neglecting him and wanted to go on an adventure just the two of them."

Celestia paused, staring at Luna. "Yes...Discord would have accepted that, wouldn't he? A pity I hadn't thought of it."

"Then it's a good thing I went behind your back and did it anyway, isn't it?" Luna asked shrewdly.

"Luna!" Celestia gasped in shock. "You didn't!"

"I didn't even exceed my authority or countermand your orders to do so," Luna explained. "Fluttershy was sent as my agent, as she's a member of RED MOON, and I merely asked Discord to escort her. He was overjoyed at the idea of taking down Tirek with Fluttershy at his side. He said it would be a great deal of fun."

Celestia stared at her sister flat eyed. "You're really enjoying having your own team of mercenaries to order around, aren't you?"

"It gets rid of a great deal of red tape as far as what we are and aren't allowed to order regarding the Equestrian Constitution," Luna replied. "After all, part of RED MOON's contract is that they are allowed to use their discretion to determine the best way to complete an objective assigned to them."

"And what's to stop them from obliterating large portions of the Equestrian countryside in the process?" Celestia demanded.

"Greed," Luna replied. "Another stipulation is that collateral damage above a predetermined level given the nature of the assignment is taken out of their paychecks."

Celestia walked in silence for a time. "When did you get so devious, Luna?"

"Reading through the political minutes of the past 1000 years," the moon princess replied. "You've been losing your edge, Tia."

"Don't push it, Lulu," the solar princess replied, smirking right back.

As the two entered the throne room, Celestia raised a point she was concerned about. "And what if Tirek drains Fluttershy?" she asked.

"She's wearing her Element of Harmony," Luna replied. "Each one of those possesses more magic than a full grown alicorn, and is linked to their Bearers magical auras. Tirek would have to be at the height of his power to get passed that."

"And if he was able to get it off her when Discord wasn't looking?" Celestia asked.

"Fluttershy has her arsenal with her," Luna replied. "And Discord watching over her like a mother hen. And a teleporter linked to one in Fort Pony, along with her communicator, so the entirety of RED MOON can back her up in an instant if she's overwhelmed."

Celestia turned to stare at her sister for a time. "Where did you learn so much military tactics? Especially regarding Team RED MOON?"

"Their world actually has a manifestation in ours, much as ours was represented in a TV show that hadn't been made yet in theirs," Luna explained. "Since their arrival, a gaming friend of mine - a colt from Ponyville named Button Mash - has introduced me to the game. I've been playing it avidly for...research purposes."

Celestia raised an eyebrow. "...what's the collectible?"

Luna looked abashed. "Hats," she replied. "I have nearly a complete collection as of the last update."

Celestia shook her head in resignation. "Oh, Luna..."

At that moment, a flash of light heralded Discord's return. "Ponies rejoice, for the savior has come!" he crowed happily.

Luna stared at him flat eyed. "Your fanboyishness for Dumplin and your bedroom habits are not to our interests, Discord," she snarked.

Discord grinned widely. "Rar! Catty!" He then cleared his throat. "You will be pleased to know that Tirek has been dealt with!"

"You have returned him to Tartarus?" Celestia asked intently.

"Well...that was my plan, but..."

"I overruled him," Fluttershy interrupted, stepping out from behind him, sniper rifle strapped to her back. "He'd already escaped from Tartarus once, meaning he'd figured out how to get past all the guards except Cerberus, assuming Cerberus leaving his post wasn't a result of Tirek's manipulations. So I made a judgement call."

Luna's eyes widened. "What...sort of judgement call?" she asked.

"Well...umm..." Fluttershy reached behind her and rolled Tirek forward. The crimson centaur looked ancient, wizened, magicless...and had a small hole right between his eyes and a rather large one on the back of his head. "I found Tirek and shot him," she concluded, smiling with a light squeak.

Achievement Unlocked:
Bhaalspawn's Complaint
Found Tirek and shot him

Celestia and Luna stared at the body before them. "Well..." Celestia began.

"Well done, Fluttershy," Luna said proudly.

"What?" Celestia asked in shock.

"This is the third chance Tirek was given," Luna pointed out. "He continued to choose to be a menace to Equestria and a fundamental danger to our citizens and way of life. We have been more than fair."

"But...but we don't do that!" Celestia complained. "We don't order summary executions!"

"Which is why Fluttershy's mission as a member of RED MOON was 'neutralize the threat of Tirek in whatever manner you feel is necessary'. She has done her job well," Luna replied.

"But what about the magic he'd already stolen?" Celestia demanded.

"That's why we brought his body back here," Fluttershy explained. "Daddenji made me a special bullet that would cause the one shot with it to violently expel all magic in their body. Once you confirm that it worked, I owe Chompy a special snack."

Celestia stared from the dead body, to Fluttershy's innocent smile, to Discord's wicked grin, and finally to Luna's smug look. She finally hung her head. "Luna, since she is your agent, I leave resolving this to you." She turned to go. "Discord, as my agent, you are buying me a drink!"

"Right away, Sunbutt!" Discord said happily.

Comments ( 216 )

Well, time for the second one then!

... Celestia's going to need more than just a drink. Better ready your wallet, Discord.

And in one way this turned really dark and creepy. In another... I can't wait until all of the little cute ponies meet as their alternate selves once all universes clash together once again.

Wow.....okay then........ON TO SEASON 5!!!!

Looks like tirek... *puts on sunglasses* got dumped.

Awesome! So much yes!

It's over already?!

but i wanted to shoot tirek... :ajsleepy: (that looks like a sad face)

Great new chapter. Too bad the story is done. Although, I AM wondering if there's going to be another story in the works.

5936754
Fortresshy 2 will be written eventually.

Damn, thought AJ would get that Achievement...

5936768 That's good news. I can't WAIT to read it.

5936679 yep only applejack and twilight left and those look like they have mat for going on for a while

Cant wait for the next sequel!

I see you read my comment. Tirek has been shot! now... GO FIND STARLIGHT GLIMMER AND SHOOT HER!!!

Reading how tirek died had me picture the scene out of Mass effect 2 for Garrus's loyalty mission with Discord as Shepard and Fluttershy as Garrus.

So TF2 Earth has MLP:FIM, and Equestria has TF2. Seems legit :scootangel:

Also, anyone else find it entertaining that Luna and Button Mash are "gaming friends"? :rainbowlaugh: :unsuresweetie:

*Reading chapter title with confusion*
*finishes chapter*
I GET IT!

5936797 don't forget trixie, who's with Sam and Max.

Your fanboysihness for Dumplin

is... is this a reference to Team Four Star's DBZ Xenoverse character?

if so... you are a god! :yay:

OH COME ON :yay:mn it. I wanted to Tirek become a crispy fried swiss cheese holed centaur from everyone on Team Red Moon using there weapons on him. I feel like what Anthony C says in this clip is the best way to describe you at this point. This had so much potential. I really wish you had made Tirek go Kaboom.

Reminds me of the picture where Pinkie shot Tirwk in the head and severed it from his body. Shoulda seen that one coming.

*glares at you for ending it so soon, leaving me in temporary suspense
YOU. WILL. PAY.:flutterrage:

I see Discord is a fan of the Demon God Dumplin

why do I feel like, at some point, every version of Tirek from your stories is somehow going to meet up in some kind of dimensional afterlife and talk and argue about just which of their deaths was the most painful or something?

At that moment, a flash of light heralded Discord's return. "Ponies rejoice, for the savior has come!" he crowed happily.

Luna stared at him flat eyed. "Your fanboysihness for Dumplin and your bedroom habits are not to our interests, Discord," she snarked.

OH MY GOD OH MY GOD FUCKING DUMPLIN! AHAHAHA
5937027 YES.
If anyone needs Captain Caps-Lock, he'll be over in the corner crying laughing over that line.

5937122
I will not answer that on grounds of My Little Pwny Spoilers.

Fluttershy reached behind her and rolled Tirek forward. The crimson centaur looked ancient, wizened, magicless...and had a small hole right between his eyes and a rather large one on the back of his head. "I found Tirek and shot him," she concluded, smiling with a light squeak.

I LOVE YOU SO MUCH! :rainbowkiss:

*Reads Tirek's death*

Welp, I wonder what the Administrator/GRAY Mann has been doing? I have a feeling something big is gonna happen.

At least the tree is safe! Hmm, I wonder how Starlight Glimmer is going to deal with RED Team.

If there were any further ways I could give this a favorite or a like, I would have at the mention of Dumplin. I guess a comment would work.
Get DUMPED.

Heh. Sunbutt's 'Love and Tolerance' didn't help when she kept giving a raging demon that essentially sucked the will to live out of ponies second chances, only to imprison him after his inevitable escape, at the cost of many more ponies lives than what would have happened if Engineer's plan took longer than expected. Instead, a good old high caliber round through the ol' noggin solved that problem in a jiffy with minimum collateral damage, AND restored the innocents.

Yes, I am rather fond of this game! But Luna noticed my awe-inspiring presence only because I play it? She needs to look harder!

Well... That was anticlimactic...In the best way possible! :rainbowlaugh: well, it's good to see ths complete for now, can't wait to see what happens afterward! Also, huzzah, Gamer Luna in action! :raritystarry:

I am getting the feeling that you hate Princess Celestia:ajbemused:

5937524
Not at all. I like her as a teacher and mentor figure for Twilight.

I just feel she isn't very effective as a leader in times of crisis anymore.

Without tirek, no crystal castle, no crystal castle magic map, no season five equalist village encounter!

5937552 ............ doesnt have to be canon you know?

5937183 SHE WONT! HAHAHAHAHA!:pinkiecrazy::trollestia::moustache:

Ok. I'm sure that was a tfs dbx reference. I want to see what would happen if dumplin got sent to equestria to fix something. UNITED INTERNET OF FIM:FICTION!!! MAKE IT HAPPEN!!!

I mean, we all know that pinkie has a dragonball somewhere, i dont see why they can't wish for the greatest warrior, though i can't tell when out of his own timeline shenlong would pull him from.

All around great chapter and easily enjoyable.

5937091
All shall fear Demon God Dumplin!

Oh my god, that Bhaalspawn reference. Gold.

5937533 *sigh* I guess so, but in both of your Fortresshy stories, you seemed to push her down as a bad leader in general.
now don't get me wrong I still love your work, but I feel that Luna is relying on RED MOON a bit too much.
because the elements of harmony were taken away, the mane six were able to grow as people (or ponies) RED MOON could still help of course but is Fluttershy and her friends learning anything by letting them do most of the hard work?
I know it is for the comedy and it was hilarious at times :rainbowlaugh:, but it is also a slice of life is it not, to be honest I didn't see much of that in this book like the prequel.
all I am asking is that you level the playing field in the next sequel, that said I still enjoyed most of this 1.5 book and I'm still looking forward to the next one.:twilightsmile:

5937879
The next sequel - the proper sequel - will be the culmination of the plans the announcer and Gray Mann had in the last epilogue chapter of the original.

Not sure exactly how much the Mane 6 - even with the EoH - will contribute or "learn" there.

5937894 maybe they can lean new ways of fighting? I mean, with Twi's magic, Applejacks strength, Rainbow's faster than scout speed, Pinkie's Pinkieness, and (I think) rarity's ability to be a great strategist. that mixed with the fighting stile of RED MOON.
both teams are going to have to adjust to the other in order to work together against a robot invasion, don't ya think?

Oi, Tirek!

Take tha', ye lummox!

5937894

Discord grinned widely. "Rar! Catty!" He then cleared his throat.

Please tell me that was a Hellsing Reference.

Oh my Celestia, that was hilarious X'D

Please make more!

Login or register to comment