• Published 10th Apr 2015
  • 4,260 Views, 106 Comments

Uniformed Equality - TheNewYorkBrony



Student president Starlight Glimmer starts to cause problems for the student body of CHS when she starts to enforce an absurdly strict uniform rule.

  • ...
6
 106
 4,260

Well That Didn't Work

After lunch was free period, so the entirety of the Rainbooms met in the music room across the school. Rainbow Dash and Applejack stood by the door as look outs in case one of Starlight's lackeys got nosey.

"Okay, so how exactly are we going to take care of her?" Dash asked, leaning up against the door.

"Easy. We sing a song about being ourselves and all that and then boom! Everyone's against her!" Sunset said, waving her arms.

"Uh, how exactly are you sure this is going to work?" Applejack interjected.

"Oh come on! Last year you all helped Twilight win fall formal by waltzing around the cafeteria dressed like diet furries!" Sunset said, waving her arms. "I mean, two weeks ago we blasted three sirens with the power of a song about a bomb that Fluttershy wrote! Music will make these idiots do anything!"

"What's a furry?" Pinkie asked, squinting.

Rainbow tapped her chin. "Hey, Didn't you spread a rumor in ninth grade that Fluttershy was-"

"Ahem!" Sunset interjected, clearing her throat. "Not the main focus here! Now, does anyone have any ideas for a song?" She looked around expectantly to the other members of thr band and frowned when they all looked at each other and then back at her, shrugging.

She smacked her forehead. "Alright, I see that I'm alone on this one I guess,"

"Not so fast," A sultry voice from behind the door said.

The girls turned towards the door and Applejack and Rainbow Dash opened them.

In walked The Dazzlings, dressed in the tacky uniforms. Sunset was surprised to actually see them. She had thought for sure after she and the girls had humiliated them at the Battle of The Bands in front of the entire school that they had skipped town, never daring to show their faces in Canterlot High ever again.

"We want in on whatever your little group is planning," Adagio continued, folding her arms.

"Forget it! We're not teaming up with the likes of you!" Rainbow snarled, balling her hands into fists.

Adagio raised a brow. "So I see you haven't trained your mutt yet, have you Sunset?"

"Hey!" Dash protested, offended.

Sunset sighed. "What do you want, Adagio?" She might as well let her speak because at this moment the conversation was going nowhere and Sunset was starting to become very agitated. She didn't like Adagio, and she definitely didn't like Sonata or Aria. But if they could come up with a plan better than the one she had brewing in her mind, she would at least hear them out.

"Like I said, we want in. For once we have a common goal," Adagio explained.

Sunset arched a brow. "And that is?"

"To get rid of Starlight Glimmer of course," the Siren said, smiling. "You and I both know that she isn't worthy of ruling the school."

"Oh what, and you three are?" Dash asked, folding her arms. "In case you forgot we kicked your sorry asses during the Battle of the Bands,"

Adagio's eyebrow twitched at that. "Yes," she hissed in a strained, iritated voice. "I do remember that. Vividly." She sighed. "But that's behind all of us now and we want nothing more than to assist you in ridding the school of Glimmer."

"What's in it for us?" Sunset asked cautiously, folding her own arms.

"Well, for one thing you gain us as allies," Adagio reasoned.

"True," Sunset agreed, nodding. "But that's not enough. How do we know we can trust you? If I didn't know any better I'd say you're still pretty peeved about losing your magic and becoming a normal girl."

"Oh believe me, she is!" Sonata piped. She quickly cowarded behind Applejack when Aria and Adagio sent her deadly glares.

Aria sighed. "Look, all we're asking for is a chance. No one in this school has been nice to us in the slightest since we came back and all I want to do is just graduate from this hellhole and move on with my life,"

"You and me both, sister," Pinkie agreed, high fiving Aria.

Sunset frowned. There was no way they were getting out of this one. If she said no she would look like a jerk, and then she'd hear from Twilight all about how she was betraying her element and not being a good friend. And as much as she loved Twilight, she couldn't stand to listen to her dumb friendship lectures.

She heaved a resigned sigh. "Fine." she grumbled. She stuck her hand out and winced when Adagio shook it. "But just know that ifyou screw us over there will be hell to pay."

"Oh don't worry," Sonata offered, punching her fist into her other open hand. "She messed with my Taco Tuesday. She's going down!"

"Ah, yes, which is exactly what we were discussing before your lovely interruption," Rarity said, filing at her nails.

"It's not like you were contributing either," Sunset snapped at her. "You were giving me a stare as blank as everyone else's two seconds ago!"

"C'mon ya'll, we gotta think of somethin'! Ah don't know how long I can go without making any countryisms!" Applejack whined.

"Oh, my poor fashion sense!" Rarity wailed hysterically. "Soon I'll be wearing jean jackets and, and skorts!" She cried, her mascara starting to stain her cheeks again.

"What in the hay is a skort?" Applejack asked, squinting.

"It's like, a skirt, but with shorts underneath," Fluttershy explained. "We used to wear them in grade school."

"Not me! I wore top of the line fashion for little girls! Ugh! Just thinking about not being able ro wear my gorgeous outfits to school just makes me want to die!" Rarity sobbed.

"Okay, Rarity's weird melodramatics aside, does anyone have an intelligent way to go about this?" Sunset asked, looking over the group of girls again.

"I liked your song idea," Fluttershy offered. "You're right about the students at this school being easily influenced by music. Maybe we could write a song about rebellion and standing together."

"Those two things contradict each other, don't you think?" Applejack replied. "It's a mighty fine idea, Ah just think the message would be a little confusin'."

"Applejack's right." Sunset agreed. "Let's just stick with the rebellion theme." She pointed to Rainbow Dash. "Any ideas for lyrics?"

Rainbow smirked, pulling her gutiar pick out of her backpack. "Gimme twenty minutes and we'll have a song!" She boasted proudly.

Sunset smirked. "Good." She turned to the rest of the girls. "Now, as for us, we'll work on the music."


The next day was uneventful to say the least. All of the girls went through their morning classes without problem and then met up in the music room at lunch timeto go over their plan one final time.

And then when they were sure they were ready, they all waited until the cafeteria was full before charging in.

Rainbow and Sunset played a loud rock and roll like melody that got everyone's attention. They were both wearing their uniforms but they were modified, (thanks to a frazzled Rarity,) to look more rebellious with patches of plaid and splashes of color that matched their hair.

In walked The Dazzlings, singing backup for Pinkie as she sung the song that Rainbow has written the day before. Their uniforms were also modified to match the theme. Their singing wasn't exactly on par with what it was before, but it was definitely better than what it had sounded like when Sunset and the others first defeated them.

The more Sunset and Rainbow played, their hair grew longer and they sprouted their usual ears.

When the song was over they looked around the cafeteria to see that not only did their plan not work, they also had neglected to check if Starlight was in said cafeteria.

She clapped her hands slowly, the sound echoing over the silent room. "Good job, girls. Who knew you all had such a lovely vocabulary?" she laughed. Then, frowning she said, "You all obviously haven't taken my philosophy to heart." She flipped her hair. "No matter. I have a special punishment for you all." She said with a grin.

"Uh, I need an adult!" Pinkie shouted, hiding behind Sunset.

Sunset bit her lip. "Aw, crap."

Comments ( 36 )

Once again, music saves the d... Oh. Never mind.

seriously get the EQG discord in on this, given how things work he has to have some sort of power.

I still say they should just bum-rush the bitch. Violence may not be the best solution, but sometimes, it's the only solution.

Wait music didn't work? I'm with Pinkie I need an adult!

I need an adult? Huh?

"Uh, I need an adult!" Pinkie shouted, hiding behind Sunset.

Yeah, that's how I reacted when they started to talk about "True Friendship" in the episode.

I think we need a certain princess for help.

Can't wait to see this so called special punishment...

5935997

I concur with you in this. I have a lot of dislike in Starlight Glimmer. Except about the wearing uniform's rule.

I like wearing school's uniforms. Well... I'm in a country that wearing it is the law.

5935997 I always imagined EQG Discord as a crazy homeless guy who lives in the dumpster behind the school, and plays pranks on the students and faculty while occasionally espousing sage advice.

Communism problems? Just hand out McDonald's, problem solved

*kinda late on this, but whatever* So if we're all same and there shouldn't be anything to differentiate us, does that mean no grading system, plays, sporting events, concerts, or clubs? Otherwise there will be those who are obviously better than others at different things and not everyone can be starting varsity, first chair, lead role, and valedictorian.

5851010

Technically the staff said they introduced the character specifically for us and we could name him. Many popular names came up, such as Snowflake and Meat and Weights and Ahnold and Big McLargehuge. But in the end the most popular name we picked for him was Roid Rage, due to the red eyes, massive muscles, and MINISCULE wings - considering that fanon relates a pegasus' wings to a phallus in terms of determining attraction, the colloquial "wingboner", and steroids are known to shrink a man's genitals.

Apparently this didn't officially fly, so he got a canon name that's somewhat controversial as many of us still enjoy calling him whatever we called him before.

Booyah! This is gonna be awesome! :pinkiehappy:

the power of a song about a bomb that Fluttershy wrote!

Um, Fluttershy wrote "Music in Me." Then when Sunset began to sing "Music in my heart" (when the bomb was mentioned) it was a new tune, so technically Fluttershy did not write a song with bombs in it. :unsuresweetie:

DAMN! Very good concept! :pinkiehappy:

5939694 Again? Does this ever get old? Conformism is not equal to Communism. It was not in the Season five opening and it is not now. In fact, while you could find at least a few small parallels to Communism in the show, there aren't any here.

IT'S A DAMN STORY ABOUT SCHOOL UNIFORMS! Please just explain, so I can understand, where the hell do you see Communism in this, and how do you think Mc Donalds would help the Mane six in this situation at all?

Ps: Just in case this is supposed to be parody that isn't working here. Have you ever tried to write something so dumb on Youtube that everyone realizes it is sarcasm? It won't work, because the general quality of comments is too low. It's similar with this topic.

5947106 Awww :fluttershysad:
Its just that this:
images.cryhavok.org/d/3192-2/Bear+Cavalry.jpg
is so much better than a bunch of pseudo-clones.
Also the inability to censor out western advertisements (including McDonald's) contributed in the Romanian Revolution against their communist government.
quickmeme.com/img/32/32dfec88657909610ffd3c01b165dc56786d2905f7c9cf19eb7ef740ce03bc36.jpg

"If Twilight were here, she'd comment on how this reminds her of a Horsen Wells novel" said Sunset. The others looked at her incredulously. "What? I used to be an honors student too, remember?"

5940673 Basically. I imagine she'd reduce it down to two grades, A for Adequate and F for Failure - since students need some motive to do their work. Sports would be ok, but keeping score is expressly forbidden. In baseball and softball, an inning woukd consist of everyone getting 1 turn at bat, instead of ending it after 3 outs.

The drama kids will be allowed to put on a production of Romeo and Juliet as planned, but they'll have to rename it A Romantic Tragedy, and add scenes so that every character gets an equal amount of lines. The finished product will have 30 acts, and be 6 and a half hours long. That's my prediction.

5936803

Locked in a detention room with the lights out and with Starlight's philosophy blaring repeatedly over a speaker?

5936076 he’s coming?! Ohhh, yeah:pinkiehappy:

Dayum! Why did the magic of music friendship not work?!

And also, if everyone gets treated equally, does that mean that none will make viola jokes? Will we be elevated to stand equal with even the first violins?!

Probably not. I mean, come one. Equality or not, we're viola players. Not joking about viola players is like the trombone section playing quietly. It ain't gonna happen.

"Uh, I need an adult!" Pinkie shouted, hiding behind Sunset.

...Is it bad that I mentally filled in the next part? :rainbowlaugh:

This is getting quite interesting. Starlight is no commie though, she is just a girl who has brainwashed most of the school, including Tia and Luna. I say have her brainwash the superintendent next. After that she can move on to the state legislature, the governor, then the national legislative branch and finally brainwash the president. He will then resign and Starlight will name herself dictator for life. Hey, Starlight would be a lot better than what the US has now.

"Uh, I need an adult!" Pinkie shouted, hiding behind Sunset.

..........................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................what?

5944210 Well think about it, Sunset Shimmer probably learned it from someone.
Who?
The Rainbooms.
i really do doubt that she could have just written a song just like that.

6551647 Impromptu musical performances are just what Equestria Girls are all about. :rainbowlaugh:
And who says she did write the song in the spur of the moment? Maybe Sunset has some hidden writing talents we don't know about yet. :raritywink:

6554284 Yeah maybe you're right, she is from equestria! :raritywink:

Absolutely love the concept of Uniformed Equality! The idea of promoting inclusivity and unity through uniforms is brilliant. It not only fosters a sense of equality but also creates a strong sense of identity and belonging. Explore the uniform store and see the diverse range of options available. Kudos to the creators for championing such a meaningful cause and making a positive impact in our community!

Login or register to comment