• Published 3rd Apr 2015
  • 1,907 Views, 72 Comments

Time - MadMaxtheBlack



As the sands of time slowly run out, can one stallion complete his task before it's too late?

  • ...
17
 72
 1,907
This story has been marked as having adult content. Please click below to confirm you are of legal age to view adult material in your country.

Confirm
Comments ( 19 )

And so, we've come full circle.

So... is this a never ending story? Trapped in a time loop or something like that?

A never ending loop, huh.
Great story.

Prologue:

24 hours

Epilogue:

23 hours

Does this imply that they are slowly running out of time? If so, then that sucks big time. :fluttershysad:

Yup it's a ponified version of The Maker Link

Oh yeah, I was depressingly right! Holy crap though. Dude, I knew you could write deep sometimes but jeez...

Seems romantic to me.

Well.. this was certainly something. I enjoyed it, trying to figure out the mystery. But the ending.. I dunno, I just don't like it, it gives no explanation as to why, or how, or anything.

So, since this is done now, does this mean you're going back to updating YHaY? :pinkiehappy:

So... if she has 1 hour less than him, does that mean that the next one will have 22 then 21 and so on? This loop is perplexing. :applejackconfused:

5843612 That is either just lazy writing or the best kind.

5850482 It was actually edited prologue vs. not-edited epilogue. :applejackunsure: It's fixed now.

Whoa, didn't even realize this existed.

A unresolved mystery. The last resort of the 11th hour deadline. Is there a supplemental companion or are we all expected to applaud, titter about how amazing you are and then move on, realizing later in the night that we were hoodwinked? Suddenly we rise, blink and say "But wait, that snake oil apologist never explained anything. I've been hornswoggled with humbug!"

I am... Confused. I knew the ending wouldn't really explain much from the tags along. But this leaves so many questions and so few answers. An endless cycle of two "ponies" remaking eachother over and over again. Why? Are they the last ponies? Why bother? Self inflicted torture or just the unknown? I am so confused... Also when the pelts were described worry kept rising up as I was mentally ticking off character names with each color described... Eerie. God I wish this would have some kind of explanation but I suppose the beauty in it is that it is up to the individual reader to "make" an ending. So I guess my brain chose to think of it as the harshest of punishment. Why I am not sure. But it sure seems worse then hell having to work against time to learn so much and do so much in just 24 hours.

Still a good story. so very confused. so very very confused...

PresentPerfect
Author Interviewer

5842784
Ah, I'd forgotten about that video! Finding out this was a ponification might dampen my enthusiasm some, but the horror parts are still perfectly unique and terrifying.

Holy crap. That world building; I couldn't put this down! Overstayed my break at work by accident on this. I actually like this so much more than the maker animation; the whole story tho is..... Incredibly sad. I understand it's a tragedy and that's part of the point of the story but damn did this hit me in the feels harder than I could've expected.

Part of me held out onto hope tho that they'd both make it out alive tho .-.

It usually takes decades for an area to become over run by plants, especially Ponyville given it’s so far from the everfree. My best guess it could be almost 100 years passed
5826105

Login or register to comment