• Published 23rd Dec 2014
  • 2,206 Views, 17 Comments

Hive Alive Moments - BlackWater



Extras, deleted scenes, and fun nothings from Hive Alive. All compiled together into one collection for your reading enjoyment. Mostly silly and/or non-serious.

  • ...
3
 17
 2,206

Shy My Heart


Deleted from #18 – Revelation is Clarification

Love. No, it couldn't be. Her too?

Fluttershy's mind raced openly. Everypony could hear her thoughts and only Twilight kept her from breaking. She wanted this to be over the moment it began. There was just no way she could live with the stress. Rainbow Dash loved Twilight for all the same reasons she did, though the tougher pegasus would likely word her affections differently.

Calm down, Shy, Twilight's voice carried through the hivemind and spoke directly to her. This doesn't change anything about what I told you. I'll always be here for you.

But Dashie...

Fluttershy's concern trailed off. On one hoof, she wanted to support her rather intimidated long-term friend. But on the other hoof, she didn't want her to come between Twilight and herself. Fluttershy cursed her own selfishness, all the while careful not to let her mind actually wander to any real curse words. Even in her mind, she couldn't bear to let herself be foul.

Twilight knew Fluttershy was insecure about their relationship. Heck, the purple princess was as well. Too many things had happened to her recently to give her any confidence in her own life. She only knew that she wanted to always have her friends at her side. She knew and yet...

There were so many caveats cropping up concerning the life she was headed towards. She couldn't afford to be shy if she was going to be the world to Fluttershy and now Rainbow Dash as well. That was not even to mention Chrysalis. She was shy all the same. Maybe she had taken a page from Fluttershy, but she felt too overwhelmed to be direct about it now. Perhaps if she showed her support and let it gloss over as much as possible then...then she could sort it all out later. Probably.

We don't have to worry about it right now, Shy. It's always best to record all of the results and give proper time for analysis before reaching for a conclusion.

Um, the yellow mare thought hard. Okay. I think?

Even inside of Twilight Sparkle's mind, it took a little adjusting to interpret her way of looking at things. At least Fluttershy felt her anxiety calm a bit. Her queen wasn't jumping into any rash decisions. They had time to sort out the feelings that now bled between them.

Unreleased Chapter Stub – Near #19-21

As time passed by, it wasn't hard to pick up on Twilight's shyness towards intimacy. They shared inner thoughts in her hivemind, after all. But matters couldn't go on as they had been. Things needed to change. Rainbow Dash was getting depressed and Chrysalis was getting anxious. Fluttershy could feel the emotions through the hivemind and knew the queen did as well.

This was a rare moment when Fluttershy had taken the lead. Actually, it might have been the only time in her life that she had done something like this. By an authoritative voice she typically used with her animals, Fluttershy had ordered all the members of Twilight's hive to gather at the Ponyville Park. The term “all members” meant Twilight, Rainbow Dash, and Chrysalis, of course. This matter was specifically amongst them.

The day was much brighter than the gloom in their hearts. The sun was vibrant, the grass cool, and the breeze refreshing. A few butterflies were flying about, a family that Fluttershy was well acquainted with. What mattered, however, were the three other females that were laying patiently in the grass with her.

“So why are we here again?” Rainbow Dash asked with that tick in her voice that almost made her sound coltish.

“I second Rainbow Brat,” Chrysalis added.

“Hey!” Rainbow immediately turned to where the changeling lay. “What was that for?”

“Slip of the tongue,” Chrysalis shrugged. “I was just reading your thoughts on Twilight through our shared mind. You're rather selfish.”

“Enough,” Fluttershy ordered in as firm a voice as she could. It was as if she were scolding one of her animals that had crossed the line. “I know this is a difficult topic for us, but we need to be kind and considerate towards one another.”

Twilight had been oddly silent thus far, preferring to stare at the grass between her resting forehooves. As queen, she was feeling the strong emotions of the three mares around her. Adding in her own uncertainties just confounded the problem. She didn't know what to do or say.

Of all the ponies that might have taken the initiative, it had to be Fluttershy. Destiny had a sense of irony. It was becoming clearer once more why Twilight had connected to Fluttershy first amongst her immediate friends.

The yellow mare stood up from her spot, walked over to Rainbow Dash, and pushed her against Twilight's side. They all started asking what Fluttershy was doing, but the mare was on a mission. She walked around and herded Chrysalis over until the large changeling rolled right into Twilight's forehooves. Finally, Fluttershy laid back down on the warmer-than-before grass on Twilgiht's side opposite of Rainbow Dash.

There, she concluded through the hivemind and nuzzled Twilight's side. Chrysalis needs Twily's love as food, so she must be first. We can be patient, Dashie. Twilight loves us all. You know that.

Rainbow had a stubborn streak in her and was prone to challenge Chrysalis more than any of the others, but she wasn't stupid. She knew Fluttershy was right. Their hivemind connection made it impossible not to see the reasoning, especially when Twilight worked out the logic automatically and shared it mentally.

Comments ( 8 )

So, none of these stories are canon? Don't slack off on the main story now! First comment!

Aww, adorableness incoming! So, is this one just an alternate perspective on canon events?

I'm considering Chapter 1 romantic; Idc what others say. ChryLight is lacking lately.

5416644
It's awesome that I've been able to share my love of Chrysalis with you! I remember watching the Canterlot Wedding episodes years ago and wondering what it would be like if Chrysalis was reformed in some way. That was long before they started doing reformations with Discord and Trixie. Though they haven't done anything with Chrysalis in the episodes since, there's no telling what will happen in season 5. Regardless of whether Chrysalis comes up again, I'm looking forward to the new episodes. :twilightsmile:

Ah, hijinks ensue.

9451330
Yeah the latter. Anyway I'm reading the fic finally after all these years. Sorry it took me this long.

9451816
I certainly hope you enjoy~! :raritystarry:

9456262
There's certainly lots of interesting concepts. Some of which I fail to understand. I guess your genius is too much for me.

Login or register to comment