• Published 25th Apr 2012
  • 5,311 Views, 355 Comments

What Came Before and Beyond - Squid-Hoof



An insane avatar of evil plunges Equestria into darkness in the name of revenge.

Comments ( 20 )

Surprise surprise! Its alive!

Alright... before I read this new chapter, anyone willing to recap this story for me? That 2 year wait has taken its toll on my memory... :rainbowlaugh:

Sweet Jesus, it's still alive...:pinkiegasp:

17: Half-Truths and Baked Bads · 1st Jan 2015

You do like to chose significant dates for your chapters aye?

Wow, i've completly forgotten all about this fic, it's great to see that you are still working on it.

You're alive!!

I´m suprised. Recently i had notifications about new chapters from storys that had no new chapter for a long time.
I unfavourite them. Why? Because i didnt´t remember anything from the prevoius chapter. Re-reading said chapter didn´t help either.

But i remembered this one. Even though it took longer to update. Over two years....that means something in my book.

Nice chapter. Keep going please.

Mother of god....it been 20 weeks before i comments about this not only this. BUT 16 STORY ARE COMING BACK ALIVE! it like A.....zombie apocalypse!!! WOOHOO!

Please have another 5 before next year:pinkiesad2:.

Riddle me this.
"One observes.
One loves.
Three break mentally.
And one is forgiving."
By the way, Nathan, when are the voices going to strike again?:pinkiesmile:

It's nice to see this again.

The only problem is the misunderstanding between Pinkie and Nathan. I always hate that trope. We know they are going to patch up before the end of the story. All it does is add unnecessary drama when the story has enough of it already.

Oh well.

Second half of the chapter is riddled with typos and spelling/grammar errors. Please correct.

5470457

I thought I'd purged them all. I'll take another comb through

Read the entire fucking thing again. Third time I've done that by the way. Just gotta say I love it still. There has never been such a interesting HiE, with a Pinkie Romance to boot. Do you know how rare those are? I've searched for sometime and never found any, let alone one half as good as this. The wait, I could almost say was worth it. Almost. You do that again and I will find you.

6506498 Thanks for the comment, you saved me from wasting my time on the story.

plz update soon. . .

6506498
Sounds incredibly frustrating and illogical. :ajsleepy:

This is a good fic. Well-written. At first it's odd, leaving the reader wondering about why the ponies are so illogical, and if the author had any sense of continuity. But, by the middle part, it's clear this is filled with all the kinds of illogical absurdities you'd expect from Heller's works. Every character is unreliable, and so much is left unsaid or reneged.

It is given enough structure to keep the reader entertained and interested, of course, and avoids becoming so overly convoluted that it's impossible to keep up with it. However, it does seem a bit stretched, especially with how many different points of view the reader is thrown around by the end. Discord, Chrysalis, the Fates, Luna, Celestia, various guards, Nathan's past, Rarity's dreams, the interaction between individual ponies, etc.

Login or register to comment