• Published 15th Nov 2014
  • 1,994 Views, 98 Comments

Equestrian Gangster - InvaderSplorch



With their crime spree expanding across the entire country, is there anypony who can stop them or will their legacy continue?

  • ...
5
 98
 1,994

Destination

The Gun Girls continued their trek across the frigid desert. With some heavy coats and scarves, they continued their travels across this foreign land. Clattering of teeth resonated off of one another, each one shivering to stay warm. Heavy, elongated white clouds dissipated into the night, their breath disappearing right before their very eyes. They slouched along the barren road, the bright stars illuminating the skies above them. Various twinkles of light shone in the thick veil of darkness, nightlights in the ever expanding universe. The girls trudged forward, barely able to see what was road and what was desert.

Wild Fire and One-Shot continued to trail from a distance, Wild Fire's night vision goggles aiding in the stalking of their prey. Occasional chatter turned into banter while they also fought the barely freezing temperatures. Wild Fire tried to find the barely visible footprints, the indention barely making a dent into the unyielding earth. One-Shot lit another cigarette, the embers cascading into the wind. The occasional howls of the wind were lullabies for the dead, their songs hushing them back to their eternal slumber. Following them was still the fully hooded pony. It walked casually along the already trodden path, enjoying the brisk chill. It was a nice feeling underneath all of the layers of clothing. The follow the leader pattern continued for what seemed like hours, time nothing more than a measuring tool.

Small lights appeared ahead of the girls. The lights gradually grew brighter, a welcome sight for such dreary mares. They ventured into Appaloosa, a wide wooden sign hanging above the central opening. It was held up by chains on each of its four corners. Two tall wooden posts stood erect in the ground, the chains on the sides of the sign connecting to it. This lonely city was illuminated only at the sign; the rest of the town was slumbering away. With a head nod, AJ directed the girls to a one story shack. The shutters' paint had been cracked and were in dire need of a new coat. AJ rapped on the door, awaiting a response.

"Wha-Who GOES THERE?!"

"It's your 'cuz. C'mon open up, we're freezing out here," answered AJ.

"Aw, hold on one minute."

Small clicking noises could be heard from inside the house. The door groaned open wide, a very enervated Braeburn stood in the archway. An occasional yawn escaped his mouth as he scanned behind the girls. He pointed to inside his house. The girls entered the residence, while Braeburn still monitored the surroundings. When all three had entered the house, he quickly latched the brass and iron locks. Turning around, he headed to the kitchen and lit some candles. Venturing back into the archway, he handed one of them to AJ before inquiring why the hell they were here.

"Well, we have two reasons," said AJ.

"And they are?"

"One is to wait until Octavia's leg heals. The second is your share."

"You mean?"

"Haven't you seen the news?"

"Look, the newspaper doesn't get delivered until tomorrow morning. All I know is that there was a robbery at the bank and....Get out."

"What?"

"You didnt....You did? You really did? You really did! Hot damn! We're back in business, yeehaw!"

"Umm, I'm a bit confused. What's going on?" asked Octavia.

"Well, since he's part of the Apple Family, he gets a share of what we earned. On top of that, half of the money we're giving him is for an investment," replied AJ.

"Investment for what?" said Octavia, raising an eyebrow.

"Investment for the Wild Wild West Casino. Managed by Apple Fritter. And the owner? Yours truly," smirked Braeburn.

"Isn't that a bit of an odd endeavor though? A sheriff running a casino?" asked Octavia.

"A tad, yes. However,most of the money spent will go for adding onto the city and drawing more patrons in. The more ponies that come, the bigger the city gets. The bigger the city becomes, the police department grows. And since I'm in charge, I will have two fronts covered. One, I manage all of the protective force. Two, I will rival those who have money in the railroad business. Partnering with them, we can form a partnership on trains. Traveling casinos. Rich patrons can gamble while they travel, all while enjoying the finest luxury we have to offer them. With the money from there, we can open the next big factory for the Apple Family Apple Cider. With the third front here, we can manage resources in the western part of the country and also import our product to the neighboring towns. Of course all I needed was the money," replied Braeburn.

"Why not use the money to open the factory now?" inquired Vinyl.

"If I did that, it would look like I'm trying to make myself super rich and not a protector of the people. I need the persona as a cover to receive the financial gain. Once the city rises and I expand it, my legacy will be solidified. Once solidified, the Apple Family will be successful and we won't have to worry about the Flim Flam Brothers. They will join us or die."

Braeburn hugged AJ, thanking her for the efforts and relieved that she was safe after the whole ordeal. He also thanked Vinyl and Octavia, forever grateful that they helped out in the Apple Family's time of need. He promised them that if they ever needed a place to stay or ran into trouble, to come see him and he would take care of it.

"Tomorrow morning I will grab food for the three of you and take some of the cash into the vault. I will say inheritance came in before the papers hit. It'll just be a coincidence that I deposited it on the same day as some shocking news. Besides, I helped save the city in the past when we had a war almost break out. I think that the citizens will look past this little thing. I have to be up tomorrow so I'm turning in. G'night girls," waved Braeburn.

"G'night 'cuz," said AJ. "We should get some rest as well. But first take out one fifth of the loot and leave it in the kitchen for him. Braeburn will see it."


"So they entered into the house, eh? Who is that stallion? One-Shot do you know who lives in that house?"

"Not a clue Wild Fire. Tomorrow we scout for clues and find out who's protecting them. For now, let's go check into a motel."

"Ohhh, you and me......in a-a-a motel? This is all so sudden," she responded playfully, hiding her face away from him.

"I really hate it when you do that."

"Oh c'mon, live a little."

"With you, I live a little too much," replied One-Shot.

With both of them heading to the nearby motel, the shrouded pony headed for the motel. It waited patiently for them to check in before entering the establishment. Putting a fake name on the check in list, they took the key from a young stallion. He was no more than 19 years old, his face young and void of wrinkles or crow's feet. His wavy brown mane was in great condition, neatly trimmed and very full. He wore normal bellhop outfit complete with a tiny red hat. His brown eyes were the only dull thing on his face. With a chiseled chin and small cheekbones, his muzzle looked like it had molded by a sculptor. He was working the midnight shift with a peppy attitude and a smile on his face.

"Is something wrong?" he asked, his stomach becoming a knot.

"No, nothing. Just nice to see a young face greet me at this hour, and such a handsome one as well. Must be a good night for me," the shrouded pony replied through the gas mask, shuffling its way down the hall.

The young stallion blushed and thought back on the words. He never did catch a glimpse of the patron's face. He paid no mind to it before going back to his newspaper.

Author's Note:

Realized I have't written in awhile. Apologies

Comments ( 3 )

That's Octavia holding a Thompson.
I CAN GET BEHIND THIS!
After reading the first chapter-
Huh. These three mares have stolen my position.
Pass the Jack Daniels, the Mossberg, the car keys, and the AWM.
We're going pone-huntin.

I thought this fic was dead forever :pinkiegasp:

9148534
Just looking at this chapter makes me realize I should really re-read what I write :facehoof:
Anyways, yeah, my bad. Took like a 1 1/2 year hiatus from writing to sort some things out. A close friend of mine came and saw me from Spain and asked for me to continue the story. So... i did :heart:

Login or register to comment