• Published 15th Nov 2014
  • 1,992 Views, 98 Comments

Equestrian Gangster - InvaderSplorch



With their crime spree expanding across the entire country, is there anypony who can stop them or will their legacy continue?

  • ...
5
 98
 1,992

Do or Die Part 1

"Big Mac, let's go over the plans once gain, shall we?"

"C'mon, Ms. Sparkle, we've been going over this dang ol' plan for hours."

"Fine, just one more time for good measure? Please?"

Big Mac sighed, knowing she wouldn't stop until he agreed to her whims. He reluctantly nodded his head, to which Twilight was very delighted to explain the process one last time.

"All right, one final time!" she beamed. "The new guards came in today, totaling 42 armed personnel. We set up the new barricades around the perimeter, blocking off access from the four major checkpoints. The back alley is guarded with 10 foot patrol personnel. The streets have access checkpoints and vehicle searches just to make sure no one is planning on breaking through easily. There are 20 armed personnel on the ground guarding the checkpoints in rotations. We have three skilled sharpshooters on the rooftops. One on top of the bank and the other one directly across from the bank on top of the grocery store. The third one is in an undisclosed location. Inside remain the other nine armed guards, each one wielding a shotgun. In addition, we are acting as the first line of defense against any intruders. That's pretty much it right?"

"Except for one more thing, Ms. Sparkle."

"And that is?"

"Did you forget the rumor? That some of the guards may be trying to rob the bank themselves."

"I don't believe in rumors. I believe in cold hard evidence. Those girls are going to be stopped, mark my words, Big Mac. We have it all planned out."

Too bad the only other pony that knows of this plan is standing next to you. Still though, is this right? Family comes first and all, but I sort of consider you family for the most part. Oh, AJ, am I doing the right thing? Big Mac thought to himself.

"Hey, are you alright?"

"Huh, yeah, fine, why?"

"Well, I asked if you wanted to go get tacos and you blanked out. Are you sure you're really alright?"

"Yeah, just thinking if we're ever going to catch those girls, that's all," he replied.

"Big Mac, I stand by my word. No harm will come to your sister, I promise you that. She will be released, no matter her affiliation to the family. It's the least I can do for the info you've provided about the gang to the precinct. I know you're doubting if you're doing the right thing, correct?"

Big Mac's pupils dilated, a small bead of sweat trickling down the side of his face.

"Heh, knew it. You really are too easy to read. But sometimes, knowing all the answers leaves you empty inside. There should be mystery in what you do, but when you analyze things continuously, eventually you forget what surprise feels like. You forget what it means to be alive, what it means to be a living, breathing being. But Big Mac, you're an exception. I've tried to analyze you, your ulterior motives, and what you're after. Maybe you'll betray me in the end, and maybe you won't," said Twilight, slowly walking her way over to Big Mac, her head nestled in his chest. "But, in the long run, that's what makes it so mysterious and exciting. I like the fact that I don't know if you'll stab me in the back or be my knight in shining armor when I need you the most. It makes me feel alive, Big Mac. You make me feel alive," she said, wrapping her arms around his head.

She went in for a kiss, Big Mac meeting her halfway. He held Twilight close to him, their embrace lasting for almost a minute. He broke the kiss first, his face flush with heat. He gazed into Twilight's eyes, his reflection bouncing off of her purple irises. They had a sparkle to them, something that Big Mac hadn't seen in a long time. The last time he saw sparkling eyes is when he saved his sister from the Flim Flam brothers, taking a bullet directly in the chest for her. Twilight lowered her head, confused and ashamed at what she did.

"I-I'm sorry, that was a mistake, excuse me," she quickly said, leaving the makeshift outpost in a hurry. Big Mac remained inside the outpost, two chairs and a lonely table accompanying him. The outpost that they made was nothing more than a giant tent in the woods. It was located among the trees off to the side of the main road. Big Mac grunted in frustration, his breathing becoming erratic. He picked up the chair and thew it into the other one, the legs splintering into pieces. He then proceeded to flip the table over, yelling expletives in the process. Big Mac's emotions were going rampant, each one fighting for dominance. In a fit of aggravation, he hurried out of the tent and ran down the main road, trying to find the nearest payphone.


"So what's the plan boss? Run it and gun it?" asked Vinyl.

"No, not anymore," replied Octavia.

"What? Why?"

"I just received a call from my brother. That damn detective isn't playing games with us anymore," piped AJ.

"It seems security was highly encouraged, and from the sound of things it's 3 of us versus 42 of them. And that's not counting the detectives," said Octavia.

"Snipers? For real? Damn, that's too much pressure on the driver," joked Vinyl.

"DAMMIT VINYL THIS IS SERIOUS! STOP FUCKING AROUND!" yelled Octavia.

"T-Tavi, you're scaring me."

"Do you wanna die Vinyl? Is that it? You just want to waltz in there and take a bullet to the head? Do you? I'll do it right now even, if that's your wish," replied Octavia, withdrawing her revolver.

"Whoa, calm down there. Let's not get hasty. She's your best friend. You've always been there for her, and vice versa. Look, you're just stressed, that's all. How about we-"

"Don't you fucking lie to me! I WASN'T THERE FOR HER! I FAILED HER! I...I wasn't there to protect her. I wasn't there when she needed me most," Octavia sobbed, the pistol falling onto the floor. "What kind of friend am I that puts my best friend's life in danger? I'm a horrible friend."

"That's not true," grunted Vinyl. She hopped off the couch and slapped Octavia right in the mouth. A stunned Octavia stared at Vinyl through watery eyes. "What happened in the past isn't your fault. You couldn't have possibly known the future that awaited me. After all, you held back the Flim Flam Brothers after they ambushed us. And I'm thankful for that," she smiled. Octavia began to wipe the tears from her eyes, AJ grinning as she turned her head. While AJ turned away for that split second, the cock of a hammer could be heard behind her. Spinning around, Vinyl had picked up Octavia's pistol off of the ground, the barrel pointing directly into Octavia's temple.

"Vinyl!"

"Answer me, Tavi. Why did you betray me?"

"W-What?" stuttered Octavia.

"Why did you betray me?"

"She didn't betray you! Drop the gun Vinyl, it doesn't have to be like this!" pleaded Applejack.

"STAY OUT OF IT AJ! This is between Tavi and I. Now then," continued Vinyl, the pistol being shoved deeper into Octavia's skull. "Why did you betray me? Why did Lyra Heartstrings rescue me from your goons?"

"L-Lyra?" echoed Octavia, a flashback registering in her mind. Octavia had just finished telling Vinyl to escape out the theater via the fire escape. While she fought back against her rivals, she saw the pastel green colored pony standing in front of her. A grin on Lyra's face and a revolver in her hoof, she chuckled in front of Ocavia, Lyra's minty breath wafting through her nostrils. She felt a sharp pain in the back of her head before everything went blank.

"Yes, her! Answer me!"

"It wasn't my goons. I could never betray you! I-I was already dead."

"Bullshit! Quit your lying!"

"Vinyl....it's okay. I don't know what they did to you or what had happened in the span of those months. But if you feel that I betrayed you, that's fine. I led you into this world and there's nothing I can do to change that fact. If you feel the need to kill me will quench your hatred of me, then that's fine. Vinyl, we've been together since we were young. I will never forget that scared look on your face when you arrived at the orphanage. While we didn't get along at first, you slowly grew on me. You never gave up on me when I was willing to throw it all away, and Vinyl... I'll never give up on you. But, if you feel this is your answer for my sins, then do it. Here, I'll help you." Octavia rested her hoof atop of Vinyl's, their warmth being felt through one another. "It's okay Vinyl, I will never be mad at you," she sighed, shutting her eyes.

Vinyl's hoof started to spasm, the tiny vibrations reverberating through Octavia's skull. The buzzing feeling made Octavia open her eyes, the shaking pistol quivering around her temple. Small gasps could be heard from Vinyl, tears running down the side of her face. "I'm sorry," said Vinyl, the shaking stopping.

"It's fine, I will always be with you, now and forever," replied Octavia.

"Vinyl NOOO!" shouted AJ, but it was too late.

A single shot echoed throughout the room.

Author's Note:

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA Cliffhangers are awesome!