• Published 15th Nov 2014
  • 1,994 Views, 98 Comments

Equestrian Gangster - InvaderSplorch



With their crime spree expanding across the entire country, is there anypony who can stop them or will their legacy continue?

  • ...
5
 98
 1,994

Do or Die Part 3

"Let's get going. The drive will be about four hours. Everyone good?" asked AJ.

"Car's all set. I'll be waiting for you to hurry," replied Vinyl.

"And the truck is fully rigged, ready to go. Cocktails are pre-made and we have our meeting at the doughnut shop. I believe we're ready to go," smiled Octavia.

"Yeehaw, let's get this show on the road!" shouted AJ. The trio were ecstatic to pull off another heist, mere hours away.

They drove through the dark night, their headlights the only ones on the road. Miles passed by as they were eager to find their informant. The drive seemed to drag on, the country music being too much for Octavia. She made gagged faces into the passenger side window, trying something, anything to drive the country tune out of her head. In the other car however, Vinyl was having a great time. She was listening to a remix she did herself. Complete with bass drops and a steady beat, she banged her head along with the music. The four hours finally passed, a large city with bright lights awaiting them. They drove off the main road and took side routes, knowing full well of the checkpoints in the city. Parking in an abandoned lot, they left their vehicles and began their walk to the doughnut shop. They were wearing heavy wool coats to not only hide themselves, but to protect against the sudden cold chill that ran down their spines. A cold snap was occurring throughout the Midwest, extending down along the northeastern coastline. Thanks to their northern neighbor's friendly climate, they were walking outside in the mid 20's. Vinyl wore an old fashion head cap with a small, fluff ball on top. AJ still wore her cowgirl hat, refusing to switch it just due to the climate. Octavia went for something more modern, a wool hat that was attached to the collar of the jacket. Its warmth made her sigh in relief.

The establishment was rather small, only having a few tables for sitting. The bar counter was still an alternate option for those that just wanted coffee. The trio sat at the bar, waiting for Noteworthy to pop his head. They ordered some grub and two large coffees. AJ and Octavia began to drain their respective cups, Vinyl drinking only water. Octavia felt a tap on her shoulder, making her turn her head.

"It's been awhile hasn't it?"

"Heh, it sure has, Noteworthy. How's life?"

"Better than what you found me in," he chuckled. "Anyway I'm glad you made it," he said, hopping on the stool next to Octavia.

"So, here's the tune you need," said Octavia, humming a soft melody. It didn't take long for Octavia to sing the words. In fact, it was a song she used to sing to Noteworthy in his younger days. It was Twinkle Twinkle, Little Star, an easy to remember melody. Vinyl stopped her humming of a different tune and looked at Octavia.

"I thought we were going with the other one," chimed Vinyl.

"Yeah, but it's a little too long. Also, the rest might not know the entire song in length. So, something simple was needed," replied Octavia.

"Heh, seems you still have that cool head of yours Octavia," chuckled Noteworthy.

"Oh? And it seems that you're just as carefree as ever."

"You got me there," said Noteworthy, stick his tongue out in response.

"Well, anything else we should know?"

"Well, the main guards near the vault room have shotguns. And these aren't pump action, mind you. These are military edition, brand spanking new. They're called riot shotguns, the blast radius very wide. Even the air knocks you on your ass. But be warned, the kickback is pretty strong."

"Meaning, those guards have to be pretty strong I bet."

"Hell, I wouldn't put it past the owner that he hired mercenaries. Be careful, Tavi. I don't know what would happen if I lost the both of you. I lost my parents, but I'll be damned if I lose you both."

"Same goes to you Noteworthy. We wouldn't be here if it wasn't for you. The feeling is mutual. Take care and SHIT!"

"What?"

"The fucking detectives are walking over here. Who the hell set them off? AJ, quick, go out the back. We'll stay here. They don't recognize us with these coats on. But since you brought that damn hat, you're pretty easy to spot." AJ nodded in agreement, fleeing through the kitchen and out through a back door. She sprinted back to the truck, praying that the two of them would be safe.

"What's the plan, Tavi?" asked Vinyl.

"We're here for coffee and doughnuts. Nothing more, nothing less. Don't talk to them too much. If you have to, short phrases only. Oh, lose the glasses Vinyl, they're a dead giveaway."

"But Tavi, my condition."

"I know. Bear with it please, for our sake."

Vinyl removed the glasses and put them into her coat pocket, the fluorescent lightning starting to annoy her eyes. Since she was young, she had a stigmata in her eye. Partially sensitive to light, she couldn't be outside for very long in bright light. Regular glasses wouldn't work with her ailment. She had to wear these over sized dark glasses, the frame too big for her snout. They would occasionally fall off, the other fillies and foals mocking her in the process. Octavia took note and proceeded to protect her from the other young ones in the orphanage. As they grew older, Octavia pooled her money together and bought Vinyl a new pair of glasses. The purple lenses deflected the bright light from her eyes while the inside of the lens helped her see better in the process. In addition, the frame size fit snugly on her face, her tears of joy more than enough compensation for Octavia.

"Thank you," whispered Octavia, a small peck being placed on her cheek.

"For you, I'd do anything."

The detectives walked into the shop, sitting at a table near the bar. Twilight looked out the window, her left hoof propping her head up off of the table. Big Mac leaned back into the seat, his head lurching over the back of the booth.


Earlier in the morning, Twilight and Big Mac were walking around town, making sure the checkpoints were in order. The chilly air blew through Big Mac, his teeth chattering. To his amazement, Twilight seemed to not even notice the temperature. Her eyes were focused and sharp, the wind whipping around her slender frame. She continued to march forward, determined to catch those who oppose her. Big Mac meekly followed behind, his steps wavering with each step. He was unsure if he was still doing the right thing, his mind playing a thousand thoughts a second. After they scanned the checkpoints,Twilight peered into the starry sky above. Blotted out by lights, only a few stars remained. She grimaced in anger, her teeth grinding against one another.

She marched forward once again, Big Mac just following suit. Twilight still felt bitter at yesterday's scene with Bic Mac, but decided that right now wasn't the best time to discuss the matter. In all honesty, she didn't feel bitter at the romance, she quite enjoyed it. She felt bitter at the fact that she had pretended to be asleep and didn't respond to Big Mac's confession. She had wanted to scream her lungs out, telling him that it was perfectly natural for this to happen. Caught between infatuation and maybe the hint of love, it felt as though her heart was in a constant tug of war. Combined with the fact that he was the brother of the gang they were after, she still felt compelled to keep him at bay. She only wanted to scan the checkpoints so it would give her something to do, something to occupy her thoughts.

She would occasionally glance at the sky, hoping to find a shooting star to wish upon. She was really hoping that Big Mac would stop following her like a puppy, this thought bringing a smile to her face. With forced effort, she wiped it off, her eyes staring straight ahead. She naught dare to look back, the mere sight of Big Mac's face would surface these feelings to light. She never did find that shooting star, only empty feelings and a sense of regret.

"Damn, sky. You piece of shit," she mumbled under her breath. "Hey, lost dog! Let's go get some coffee. Alright?" she yelled out loud over her shoulder.

"S-Sure," Big Mac stuttered.

The detectives walked into the shop, sitting at a table near the bar. Twilight looked out the window, her left hoof propping her head up off of the table. Big Mac leaned back into the seat, his head lurching over the back of the booth.

"Hey Big Mac," said Twilight.

"Yeah?" he asked.

"What's your sister like?"

He jerked his head upward, his back still lying against the booth. Vinyl and company heard the question, their movements frozen solid.

"Well, she's very kind. Generous as well. But the thing I like most about her is her honesty. She's not afraid to tell you like it is, even if it may hurt you in the process. She's one tough mare, I'll give ya that," he smiled.

"Kind of like my brother," replied Twilight.

"Oh yeah, where is he?" asked Big Mac.

"He's down in Washington. He's working with other political leaders for the shaping of our country."

"Sounds noble."

"He's going to get hurt. He's too soft on the inside. They're going to use him like a damn puppet. In fact, if you believe it, we're at odds with each other," she chortled.

"About what?"

"Prohibition. He's trying to convince the other leaders it should be removed. He's such a damn fool."

"But he's doing what he thinks is right. And so are you."

"Maybe, but our reunions are always a political debate. Combined with the fact that my sister-in-law used to be a major manufacturer of alcohol, I could see him being easily persuaded."

"Your sister-in-law sold alcohol?"

"Probably still does. Hell if I know. All I know is that if he keeps this up, he's going to suffer. I just fear that I'll have to bury him one day, y'know?"

"That's how I feel about AJ. I feel if she keeps this up, she'll end up six feet under. Heh, seems like our siblings are nothing but worry for us."

"Yeah, guess you could say that," she giggled.

The only server at the joint walked from behind the bar and asked them what they wanted to eat. The two of them ordered their meals while Vinyl, Noteworthy, and Octavia slipped out through the front. Vinyl donned her glasses while Noteworthy and Octavia said their goodbyes and departed. Octavia and Vinyl walked back to their vehicles, a cozy AJ sitting in front of the vents. Vinyl entered her vehicle and retrieved the six cocktails that they had made earlier. She handed them to Octavia through the passenger window.

"So, in one hour?" asked Vinyl.

"Roger. It's do or die time, Vinyl. Let's do it," grinned Octavia.

"Hell yeah! Let's go!"

A pumped Vinyl jumped back into her car, head banging to the new beat pumping through the speakers. Octavia looked over to AJ, stunned at what she saw. AJ's eyes were focused directly in front of her, an evil smile spreading across her face. Her pupils shrunk inside of her bright jade green eyes.

"Taviiiii," she hissed.

"Yes AJ?"

"Let's do thissss."

Author's Note:

Who's ready for the next chapter? C'mon, don't be shy. BE LOUD ABOUT IT! :flutterrage: