• Published 15th Nov 2014
  • 1,991 Views, 98 Comments

Equestrian Gangster - InvaderSplorch



With their crime spree expanding across the entire country, is there anypony who can stop them or will their legacy continue?

  • ...
5
 98
 1,991

The Tip

Bic Mac and Twilight stepped inside the bank. They were directed by the two guards to go in the back and into the vault. They nodded and walked behind the counters, down the hall, and reached the vault, the entire outside encompassed in solid steel. Next to the vault was another guard, an automatic assault rifle in his grip. He looked them up and down before pointing them to go inside. They stepped inside to see an elderly stallion sitting down in a chair. He held his hoof out to show them two chairs that were seated before him. Twilight and Big Mac sat down, unsure of what to expect.

"I see that you already are aware of the fact that my bank may be targeted," said the old stallion.

"Yes, we are aware of the type of banks that the gang are after. So my question is, how many clients does your bank serve?"

"Well, that's a loaded question. We service over 20,000 clients locally, but nationally... that would be in over the hundreds of thousands. And must not forget the government or internationally," he replied, stroking his beard.

"Did you say in the hundreds of thousands?" asked Twilight.

"Yes, that's right. And whether you came here by luck or because you're smart does not matter. All that matters is that this will be the bank that they are after. All the other ones do not have the funding necessary to quench that gang's thirst. So, here's the plan. I will beef up security while you plan on how to dismantle their weapons and apprehend them. Sound fair?"

"First of all, we haven't even heard your name. And secondly, what's the tip? Who's your source? So far, it sounds like you're full of it," Twilight said sternly.

"Oh, dear me, my apologies. Where are my manners? I am Mr. Mogul. As far as the source is concerned, I cannot reveal who they are. They came to me for a loan, which I outright declined. Then, they said they had info on the gang. Soooo, I accepted their offering, but instead offered them cash for the info. Now then, why I called you in here. The thing is, the gang has weaknesses. Every girl has a weakness. The only one known so far is DJ Speed."

"And that would be?"

"Drugs and parties. As a side job, she hosts raves where she sells her Bass pill. My client said it intensifies with the music, causing the host to feel a euphoric feeling for hours. On top of that, it's highly addictive in nature."

"So you gave them cash so they could buy more drugs?" asked Twilight.

"It's none of my concern of what they do with the cash. All I'm concerned about is my bank and its active members. I could give a rat's ass if they overdose tomorrow. It would be one less junkie on this planet."

"That's disgusting."

"Is it? Ponies, griffins, and other creatures die on a daily basis. Drugs, natural disasters, hell, even old age kill them," he chuckled. "It doesn't bother me that he wants to decrease his death timer. Who am I to judge?"

"You just said it's a he," Big Mac chimed in.

"Shit. Did I say that? Oh well, who the hell cares. Not like he's going to live very long," replied Mogul.

"And why's that?" asked Twilight.

"Think about it. He's either going to overdose, which is fine, or the information being told about him will find a way back to him. It doesn't matter how it travels back to him, but it will. Information is spread like a disease. Once one filthy inhabitant contracts it, it soon infects the others. And like information, once it's in the open, it can never go back into hiding."

"But who would know besides us?" said Twilight.

"Oh, you may be young and sharp, but you're still foolish. My dear, if you live long enough to be this age, you realize some things in your life. One of them being, karma is a living, breathing, ironic bitch. It doesn't matter what you did, or who you did, she will exact her vengeance. Look at me, I'm 68 years old, manager of one of the biggest banks, and very wealthy. But, where's my children? Where's my wife? All gone and left me. See, I prioritized money over a family, something I regret now. But, it's her way of making life fair. You see in my youth of trying to get ahead in life, I denied loans to clients that needed them. Loans to keep their houses, loans to make sure they could survive. But I denied them. Why? I knew that the loan was so low, that the interest rate wasn't even worth paying attention to. And then there were high loans that others took out that I gladly accepted. So why is that karma? I knew they couldn't afford it. These were folks with families, with livelihoods. I stripped them of that, kicked them out of the houses, and sold them back to the public at an auction. I sucked them of their money and then pawned it off on someone who could afford it. I'm the scum of this world, yes, but money talks. And with it, power comes naturally. So, judge me as you will, but this whole fiasco of a case goes against your code of justice. You want to catch them, no? I want them stopped at all costs. Like I said, you work on disarming them, and I'll work on my security. I won't give you all the details unless you agree to work for me and only me for this gang. After they're caught, we go our separate ways. No one has to know."

Twilight took his words into consideration. The stallion sitting before her was very shrewd and clever. If she accepted, she would have to obey his laws and regulations, thus sacrificing her own freedom of doing things. If she declined, she might be an outsider to the operation, unaware of what would be occurring. She pondered these two choices back and forth, finally reaching a conclusion.

"I'm afraid I have to decline."

"Might I inquire why?"

"If I accept, I'm essentially under your control. You can guide me how you will and if I refuse, you can blackmail me into doing your work regardless. If I decline, I might not know of the operation, but in the end, I will still have my dignity."

The old stallion smiled, chortling a bit. He sighed deeply, stroking his long, gray beard. Coughing, he cleared his throat.

"You've examined every element of this situation in record timing. You're good, detective. Might I ask of your name?"

"I'm Twilight Sparkle and my partner is Big Mac."

"Well, Ms. Sparkle, you're very intellectual for someone your age. Big Mac, I would be careful if I were you. She could play you like a violin."

"I'm afraid to say, sir, but she already has on multiple occasions."

Mr. Mogul laughed heartily, his jowls jiggling with joy. "I see that this is the case. Well, Ms. Sparkle, since you are a very smart, attractive mare, I will fill you in on the plan. I expect them to burst through the front door, guns waving about. I'm arming my guards with assault rifles, as well as hiring more personnel for the next couple of weeks. I don't know when they will strike, but I'll be ready. For now, that's all the info I have for you, detective. Have a nice day."

Twilight and Big Mac said their pleasantries and disembarked from inside the vault. Big Mac surveyed the structure of the vault and made sure to pay attention to any weak points in it. He followed closely behind Twilight, making mental imagery of his surroundings. Upon exiting the bank, Big Mac had a general idea of the layout of the establishment. He knew what he had to do. The only problem was finding the right moment to make the call. Idly chatting with Twilight, he occasionally glanced over at the telephone booth. He asked Twilight if he could call HQ and inform them of their status. Twilight gave him the go ahead to place the call. Big Mac picked up the phone and inserted the bits into the slot. Upon hearing the recorded voice, he dialed the number to his sister, hoping that she would pick up. The phone rang a couple of times before the audible click was heard.

"Hello?"

"Is AJ there?"

"Mmmmm, she's out. Who is this?"

"It's Big Mac."

"Oh, Big Mac. Good thing I picked up. It's Octavia."

"Where's my sister?"

"Out gathering supplies. Why?"

"I have a new tip."

"Better than the last one?"

"Much better."

"Good, glad to hear it. Oh, and if you're going to call in the future, use your damn code name. We gave it to you for a reason."

"Sorry, I kind of forgot it."

"You're hopeless, you know that?" Octavia sighed. "Your name is Hustle. Got that?"

"Hustle?"

"Yeah, cause you hustle pony folk into your control. Look, what's the tip?" Octavia demanded impatiently.

"Ok, it's about what to expect."

Author's Note:

5 chapters down, I'm on a roll........sleep time. It's currently 0302, I'm drunk and tired. Night y'all!