• Published 21st Jul 2016
  • 368 Views, 23 Comments

Anthology of Equinity - Sollace



Lots of stories, lots of little stories, big stories, thin stories, all kinds of stories! This is simply a collection of all my ideas that never make it to a full page, or simply aren't long enough to stand on their own.

  • ...
1
 23
 368

DoH 3: Ch.23 Post-credits Scene

Author's Note:

Little thought I had after reading DoH3 that I just had to get down onto paper. If you haven't read it already, and really like time-loop stories, I couldn't recommend it more.

The flames and burnings lights pulsated and waved in a tumultuous froth, turning and writhing as the scorching heat of the sun poured out in every direction, awash in the powerful magics of arcane enchantments and glowing sigils of containment and harmonic restraint.

Power flowed all around, and curled in the middle of this chaotic embrace, a dark and twisted figure emerged from the sea of flamed, contorted in unnatural ways. Its tail whipped and its many limbs strained harshly against its magical restraints—claws and vicious jaws, snapping and sweat glistening in the fires of their hellish wrought.

And beside all of this, the creature was still. A smile curled on is grotesque face, with a single tooth puncture its smirk and a claw and paw wrapped over another as he run his fingers.

It had taken many moons of planning, of manipulation, but long had his plans been laid. Starlight’s spell would have failed anyway—even a foal could have seen that—but it had taken a unique recipe of crazy to come up with such a plan.

All it needed was a little nudge, a small smidgin of chaos squeezed between the cogs to make it fail in the right way. After all, how else would one be able to create a stable time-loop on accident?

And then, of course, Dawn.

He’d played his part well. A simple, convenience, happenstance, that the stallion would be exempt from the spell’s influence—he could thank Twilight for that—and all that was needed was a few little suggestions, an illusion or two, and then, of course, the tantabus.

Oh the tantabus.

Never had be before formed such an immaculate creature—close enough to be mistaken for the real thing, but far enough that not even the Princesses would be aware.

The creature stirred, pulling on its chains as the magics, the harmonic energy surrounding him began to give way to a distinctly... Now that Dawn had the secrets to control Chaos...

Discord laughed a vicious, bellowing cackle.

“I’ll be seeing you soon.”

Comments ( 0 )
Login or register to comment