• Published 21st Jul 2016
  • 367 Views, 23 Comments

Anthology of Equinity - Sollace



Lots of stories, lots of little stories, big stories, thin stories, all kinds of stories! This is simply a collection of all my ideas that never make it to a full page, or simply aren't long enough to stand on their own.

  • ...
1
 23
 367

Getting Warmer [FlashFic prompt]

How many years had it been? Hundreds? Thousands?

Celestia didn’t know. All she knew was that she was alive, somehow. Even as the days turned to years, the years to aeons, and beyond, she remained unchanging.

The world around her is dead, long since gone. No life left to live, and to think, it just seemed like yesterday that she was here with her little ponies, helping them live their lives under her warm sun.

Nopony saw it, perhaps, except for Luna—poor Luna. She didn’t want to think about it, but she was right.

Every year that passed, the sun grew hotter, more humid. At first they were grateful. Harvests grew strong, and Celestia, herself, denied fears for the strength it brought.

But then it kept going.

Fields died, oceans boiled, soon the ponies, and eventually the dragons.

They were gone.

All that remained was she, weeping tears of flame.

Author's Note:

A very short story written for the FlashFic Group. This has had only very minor changes from the original which can be seen over here.

The prompt for this one was "Getting Warmer" and yes, you guessed it, the limit is 150 words.