• Published 21st Jul 2016
  • 367 Views, 23 Comments

Anthology of Equinity - Sollace



Lots of stories, lots of little stories, big stories, thin stories, all kinds of stories! This is simply a collection of all my ideas that never make it to a full page, or simply aren't long enough to stand on their own.

  • ...
1
 23
 367

Pony 24

Trottingham - 8.59 PM

“Come now, everypony. It’s time for the show.” An evidentially very tired, and very worn out mother mare with a brown mane and a lighter, but still brown coat, called out to the children.

Hearing this, all of the party guests dropped what they were doing and crowded around the stage set up at the back of the garden. One little filly, still trying to attach her birthday hat and struggling to fit the elastic over her horn, was ushered to the front and set atop her father’s shoulder where she can see the entire show.

A low drum roll began, quickly quietening the chatter of the audience.

“Come one, come all” The announcer starts, his deep voice reverberating out past the stage.

“Be amazed! Be astonished!”

A blanket of thick smoke poured out past the curtains as they began to part.

“By the one; the only”

A mare can just be made out through the smoke, her shadowy figure just visible with a long flowing cape and a tall pointed hat.

“The Great and Powerful”

The pony jumped forward on her hind hooves, flinging a shower of sparks into the air. As she does so she announces her name with as much vigour and flare as she could muster, “Luna!”


Canterlot – 8.45 PM

Fluffle Puff stood at the outside face of a large ornate door emblazoned with the insignia of the lunar diarchy.

“Pffft”

“No!” Trixie’s muffled voice shouted from inside, with the faint hint of being shoved into a pillow as a mare sobbed, “The sun can wait, I won’t come out! Not until I have my moon cakes!”

“Pffft”

“I certainly will not apologise to the kitchen staff for that spaghetti incident. It is not my fault. Those meat balls were tainted.”


Ponyville – 7.15 PM

Dear Princess Fluffle Puff

What in the bucking Tartarus is going on?

Signed your most faithful student, Chrysalis.

The scroll glowed with a faint green aura as Chrysalis levitated it away from the writing table. She carefully rolled it up and wrapped a red ribbon around the paper to keep it in place.

Chrysalis called out for her assistant, “Oh Twilight!”

Not too soon does the little purple dragon arrive, holding a broom in her claws. “Yes, Chryssi.”

Chrysalis levitated the letter over to her assistant, “Could you send this to the princess for me?”

“Another friendship report already, didn’t we send her one just yesterday?”

Chrysalis shook her head, “Oh no Twilight, this one’s just a letter.”

“Ok then, bring it here.”

Chrysalis levitated the letter slightly closer to Twilight. Twilight did a few stretching moves then, with a loud belch, the letter was consumed by a small purple flame. It disappeared in a puff of smoke and a thin wisp of magic sent it on its way out the window.

Author's Note:

Another random idea I had. I wanted to do a kind of backwords telling where we start near the end and rewind to how we got here.

Unfortunately I scrapped the idea as I had no idea how I would handle it as a longer story. I guess we'll never know what happened to Princess Celestia. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯