• Published 21st Jul 2016
  • 369 Views, 23 Comments

Anthology of Equinity - Sollace



Lots of stories, lots of little stories, big stories, thin stories, all kinds of stories! This is simply a collection of all my ideas that never make it to a full page, or simply aren't long enough to stand on their own.

  • ...
1
 23
 369

A Gift For Nopony

Author's Note:

Written as an epilogue to Gifts Ungiven by Flutterpriest and containing references to another great story by Pickleless, this short segment is my attempt to tie them both together into one continuity, with some hopeful heartfelt results.

Reading both isn't required, but it is certainly recommended.

Nopony was in the storm drains, minding her own business, when they were caught off guard by a loud, metallic clattering thundering through the pipes. She slipped in the slime and almost face-planted into the mush, but managed to catch herself with a hoof against each wall just in time to see a golden locket come tumbling out of one of the pipes and land directly in front of them.

"...What's this?" Nopony asked. Releasing herself from the walls, she squatted and levitated the metal locket into the air, where it was illuminated by her golden aura.

It was covered in mud, but wiping away the grime revealed what used to be a pair of photos inside, though they were long since lost to water damage.

Turning the item over, though, brought to light something more revealing.

A tiny engraving on the back of the locket read: Scootaloo.

Tears started to well in the corners of Nopony's eyes as she wiped the excess grime away around the name. Remembering the numerous adventures they had together, Nopony couldn't help but smile. "Thanks, Squirt."