• Published 30th Dec 2013
  • 4,379 Views, 177 Comments

Rise - Darth Atrox



When Twilight tries to control nature, she brings out a change that could alter Equestria for all eternity. Evolution just became a revolution.

  • ...
32
 177
 4,379
This story has been marked as having adult content. Please click below to confirm you are of legal age to view adult material in your country.

Confirm
Comments ( 58 )

so wait, what did you edit?

again i hope he doesn't get rapped. to soon for this.

so do we have to worry about mind altering /personality suppressing/ reediting nature itself to something more desirable kind of mess up spells In the future by somehing attempt playing god ? :trixieshiftright:
just asking for curious sake I mean for example like twilight she always look to magic to solve her problem most of the time it work but there were some really mess up spells she used like how twilight was willing to use magic to take away the thing that make a vampire fruit bat not act there out there species nature to her failed but tried attempt at quick fix looking for a spell to edit discord in the books but discord ate it. :there a spell like that in a public library!?:pinkiesick::
then to the disastrous par sprite were she made them not eat food anymore with the horrible possibly she would of forgotten to cancel spell and those pest died from starvation in the wild... brrr but that back fired to them eating building's! for a kid show they have a lot of mind altering to enslavement in it. kind of scary and mess up yes? :facehoof:

3792966
Agreed. I'm still seeing several errors, especially with dialogue grammar.

Needs to have longer chapters :twilightsmile:

Love it so far. I'm looking forward to the next chapter.

Rise of the Planet of the Humans

So he's going to soon be at levels of intelligence that rival the do for himself,and he has the ability to make mind powered bullets....don't fuck with the Homo sapiens ....also,why is it angel now is sexy?....damnit,now my mind is trying to remember the specifics of who I'm reminded of...someone from corruption of champions...but who...

Ehh.... I'm smelling a Gary stuff here. Super intelligent, phsychic, permanent memory, etc.

one hundred and eighty points, well above 'genius' level.

For H.S.S, that's roughly genius level. I'm assuming ponies have roughly the same amount. Also, there is no way of making this guy not a gary stu.

3816415

140 IQ points and up is considered genius level. Even if it wasn't, the average is approximately 100, so 180 points is well above the norm.

interesting idea but I think the development was a bit too fast. Also I found funny see Angel as a cuddly girl instead of the most troll of the bunnies xD

Great story so far, can;t wait to see more!

If you manage to ship him with Angel, I think that'd be one of the most original ships out there!

A rule 63 humanized Angel x OC.

I don't think I've ever seen that before.

Also, amazing story, keep it up, bro!

3826675

She didn't do the same experiment on all the Humans. Some were simple spells, to invasive surgery.

Not all of them were deadly.

3810466

If he can balance the Gary-ness

We just have to read the story and wait for the new one....give it a chance :pinkiehappy:

Hmm, this clashes with my inner biologist. Orion is too over-powered to exist as he is without having some sort of down side... at least in nature. The reason humans lack super strength in real-life is because to have it would require more muscle fibers, like in the form of most other primates who have denser muscle tissue than humans, and more muscle fibers would require more of our brain mass to be donated to the task of controlling said muscles. (On a side note, this denser muscle is why there are many primates that can't swim, they sink like stones)
So, to give Orion both super strength and super psychokinesis would require a huge brain. The most believable explanation for this human having two abilities that would require massive portions of the brain to perform and still have enough frontal lobe to support super intelligence without having a massive head would be if the brain was always in a state of hyper activity, similar to what one would experience during an adrenalin rush.
This brings us to the downside thing mentioned earlier. For this to be the case, the body would require a much larger caloric intake to support both the denser muscle tissue and super charged brain. Also, the super charged brain would burn out quickly (this is why we don't experience hyper awareness all the time, after all) and could only be countered with an extended sleep cycle to allow the brain proper recovery time.
So, in conclusion, Orion should be hungry and tired all the time to balance out his biological advantages... Or maybe the entire explanation is just magic.
Curse this over analyzing brain of mine!

Use the Force, Orion!

3831573 Wait, he has super strength? I don't remember that being mentioned unless you're referring to his magical ability. Although maybe the author did say that and I'm just an idiot who read over it and missed it completely.

A romance would make things much more interesting.

3859565
Between Orion and another human, yes. Between Orion and a pony... there are already too many of those as it is.
3858597
Twilight said to the human, Sunshine, and later to Orion that their super strength wouldn't allow them to get off the experimentation table because they couldn't built momentum... which wouldn't be super strength then, but that is what Twilight called it, so yeah, humans apparently have super strength.

3862493 Then where'd all the subjects go?:rainbowderp:

3831573
I wouldn't worry, at the rate he is advancing if he gets his hands on twilight snores and becomes more cultured I expect a planet of the apes style result where he simply fixes the humans minds with magic then takes over the world.

3897941
Sentient: responsive to or conscious of sense impressions

Sapient: possessing or expressing great sagacity

Sagacious: having or showing an ability to understand difficult ideas and situations and to make good decisions

Where..is..my..new..CHAPTER?!

4090260
Those definitions were taken straight from a dictionary. My point was that you were "correcting" something without being correct yourself.

Sentience in particular doesn't work because by its definition, I can construct a sentient robot in less than 15 seconds.

As for the other question, I don't think we (as humans) have yet figured out what makes us different from the animals. So far, each "humans do this, but animals don't" statement has had a counterexample. It's not tool use (or even tool-making), because apes and birds use tools. It's not language, because experiments have taught apes sign language.

So far, the only "definitions" that have potential are entirely too vague. Sapience? First you need to fully define "wise"/"sagacious".


TL;DR: Complicated question, but sentience is not the answer.

Is this going to update any time soon?

3796514 Why does it have to be human female? cant it be... like a... an intelligent...

img2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20130414173044/deadliestfiction/images/8/8d/127285_-Elder_Manticore-final2.jpg
:rainbowlaugh: Lol, just kidding!

3831573 remember this though. Humans use about 10 percent of our brain power. Orian is using what I suspect to be about 75 percent of what a human has. (resulting from twilight unlocking his brain not just activating it. Also explaining the mass IQ jumps.) Allowing the other 25 percent to go towards muscle strength. (Not sure if that's enough to make him super strong but they never said humans were as strong as apes' are either. Apes could easily be overly strong too.)

3834551 eeyep that is exactly what I was thinking.

3810466 I saw a Sheldon cooper with super powers

4429479
Let me direct you to my own comment:

would be if the brain was always in a state of hyper activity, similar to what one would experience during an adrenalin rush... the body would require a much larger caloric intake to support both the denser muscle tissue and super charged brain. Also, the super charged brain would burn out quickly (this is why we don't experience hyper awareness all the time, after all) and could only be countered with an extended sleep cycle to allow the brain proper recovery time.

"Super charged brain" was referring to using more of the brains potential, as you stated, and thus would still have the same negative affect. There is a reason humans use 10% of our brains power and not 75, because we simply can't maintain that higher percentage state safely. It's nature's ace in the hole for us.
Also, I think it's safe to say the author isn't going to be continuing this story, or, if they do, it will be far to slowly to be worth reading.

4430916 two things. 1. I actually didn't think about supercharged brains using more energy. 2. I'm almost positive that the creator has said that he/she will continue creating chapters.

3810466 I know the comments old but in going to respond anyway. Maybe the justification for it is that he's an Alpha Male? Maybe the serum super-charged those characteristics along with his Cognitive lobe?

4699483 Mr. Tea gives pity to the lesser man who does not like this story.

Is this dead? Please tell me its not dead!

Please tell me your still working on this.

Pokes story with stick :pinkiecrazy:

*Uses Necronomicon* Whelp, time to see if it works now... :trixieshiftleft:

Or am I just fucking with you guys?

Please be. Most "romance" on this site just turns out to be sex.

This is good.
Please give us more.
:)

7456945 it was a shit joke/pun and you know it!

"Twilight, dear?" Called Rarity. "You aren't, um, you know..." She trailed off, unable to finish her question.

"You aren't banging him are you!?" Pinkie questioned loudly.

"PINKIE PIE!"

i1.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/000/353/279/e31.jpg

Login or register to comment