• Published 13th Nov 2013
  • 1,075 Views, 55 Comments

Every Pony knows your mane: Tales from the Satin Slipper - Paradise Oasis



Stories from pondom's 1# hangout spot, through the eyes of a mare named Fizzy!

  • ...
1
 55
 1,075

Celebration!

Celebration!

The lights were burning, and the music was playing well into the Night at the Satin Slipper; as mares and stallions danced the night away to the rockin tunes and hip hop beats coming out of the five aminatronic figures on stage. The grand reopneing party was an event that nearly every equine in the castle wanted to be at, and the place was packed with ponies there to celebrate the sweet shoppe's miracle comeback.

"Scoops, listen... I am so sorry about what happened. "Dr mendicin told the other mare guiltily. "I should have known Truly was up to her dirty ticks again... how could I have been so blind?"

"Think nothing of it, Meds. You were just doing your job." The manager mare smiled, filling a mug for the frustrated physcian. "Cider?"

"You are far too generous, my friend." The other mare smiled, as they clinked glasses together. "Cheers!"

In the back of the kitchen, two female ponies both named Lickety Split, stood over a sink full of dirty dishes, the elder one scowling down at the younger one.

"And after you've washed all of these, taken out the trash, mopped the floor back here, and apologized to both Fizzy and Miss Scoops- then maybe you can have an ice cream sunde and a milkshake!" Lickety Split snorted, scowling at the little filly in front of her.

"But moooom, it wasn't me! I didn't want to do it!" Baby Lickety protested, crying crodlie tears as she picked up the wash rag. "Truly made me do it, I swear!"

"Young lady, even if that were true, you have caused enough trouble for a whole year worth of dishwashing!" The elder Split snapped. "I've let you get away with far too much around this castle, and it's high time you learn your lesson- now wash!"

As the little filly continued to pout about her punishment, her mother trotted out to the front, where she found Fizzy at the counter, talking to Mimic over two root beer floats.

"Wow, so you mean the council has removed Truly from power?" Fizzy asked, taking a sip from her mug, and getting a santa beard from the foam. "That's so awesome!"

"Yeah, the Queen'shad enought of her holier than thou shenanigans." Mimic replied with a smile. "Her time of pulling these stupid little tricks are over."

"But are you sure it's a good idea to make her mad like that?" Fizzy asked, in a worried tone. "She still has a lot of pull with many mares in the castle, and she might- I dunno, lead a revolt of mares away from Dream Castle or something?"

"Fizzy, there you are!" Lickety yelled, choosing that moment to interrupt, and leaving Mimic to think about her words. "Listen, Fizz... I really wanted to apologize to you about all the pain my daughter caused you. And don't worry, I'm make sure she certainly behaves herself from now on!"

"Aw, don't be too hard on her, Lickety. She was just doing what Truly told her to do." Fizzy pleaded, looking sympathetically back at the filly slaving away in the kitchen. "I really think that deep down, under that smeely and spoiled rotten brat, there's a good kid in there."

"Fizzy, so go ta see ya, lass!" Salty came trotting up to the counter, the smell of the rolling sea still fresh on his coat. "I heard about what had happened when I got back to port, and came over to see everything was ship shape."

"Salty!" The mare rushed up to hug him. "Yeah, that meanie Truly got the slipper shut down while you were away, but don't worry! Everything's allll better now."

"Leave it to you to get everything solved, lass." He replied with a smile, hugging her again. "Now what say, we get ourselves a pueanut butter choclate sundae to celebrate, hm?"

"Okay!" She trotted towards the back, motioning with her hoof for him to follow. "The peanut butter choclate's in the back, though. Let's go back and get it."

"Lead the way, lass," He replied, nodding. "I'll help you carry it out of the freezer."

At the counter, the three ramining mares giggled after the two ponies were inside the freezer door.

"Okay, they closed the door." Lickety giggled. "Ready to implement Fizzy's plan?"

"Already on it." Mimic giggled, her horn glowing as she slipped the lock on the outer cooler door into place. "Hope those two enjoy all that ice cream!"

Inside the cooler, Fizzy levitated two gallons of the ice cream down onto Salty's back for him to carry.

"Ya know lass, we've been going together for a year now. And I think you're the kindest, sweetest, and funniset mare I've ever met." He smiled warmly, reaching with his hoof as if he was going to pull something out of his saddlebag. "So I was wondering... Fizzy, what would you say ta bein my.... shipmate, lass?"

"Huh? What do you mean?" She asked, reaching for the door handle with her hoof. Much to her 'surprise', the door wouldn't budge. "What the h- Oh no! Salty, I think I locked us in here!" She fell down to her hooves in despair. "What're we gonna do! We'll freeze in here if we don't get out!"

"Now, just calm down, my sweet Fizzy." He replied, moving over top of her to keep her warm. "I'm sure ethier Scoops or Lickety will come back and let us out."

"Oh, I'm not so sure about that..." Fizzy replied, a scret smile on her face. "Well, at least we have enough ice cream in here to eat. And I'm sure we can keep each other warm...."

Comments ( 3 )

Awesome story! It's got a few grammatical errors, but not too bad. Fizzy's personality is great in comparison to the show, and I never liked Baby Lickety-Split anyway, so I don't mind her aggressive punishment. However, it was a little rough for a baby. Truly's personality is great, so overall good job.
Although Baby Lickety, though snobbish, doesn't deserve a paddling. Maybe a time out or something more fitting! ;)

I actually had no idea that the Satin Slipper Sweet Shoppe was a real toy. I just came across a retro commercial on youtube.

That is a really tiny ice cream shop.

I came back to re read some of the chapters. Mostly for nostalgia. Oh its been a while...

Login or register to comment