• Published 13th Nov 2013
  • 1,075 Views, 55 Comments

Every Pony knows your mane: Tales from the Satin Slipper - Paradise Oasis



Stories from pondom's 1# hangout spot, through the eyes of a mare named Fizzy!

  • ...
1
 55
 1,075

Second Chances-Part One

Second Chances- Part One

"Blast it, Fizzy!" Scoops yelled in anger, scowling at the frightened unicorn in front of her. "That trick you pulled with my prize turkey was the last straw!"

"Yes, boss. I'm sorry, boss." Fizzy replied timidly. "It won't happen again, boss."

"It had better not!" The earth mare snorted, steam coming from her nose. "Or you're done here... finished! Do you understand me?"

Fizzy understood all too well, and decided right then and there that this would be the end of her crazy antics. A week went by with the unicorn on her best behavior, and the boss mare's temper had managed to cool off. It was a particularly sunny day, and Mimic had agreed to keep an eye on the ditzy mare, when a rather familiar Pink Pegasus with a compass cutie mark trotted into the Slipper.

"'Ello girls!" The mare greeted them, flapping in through in through the turnstile. "So sorry ta bother you, but my throat is rather parched, an I'd care for a bit of cherry soda and chocolate ice cream, if you please."

"Hey I know you!" Fizzy exclaimed, sitting sown the glass she was drying. "You're North Star, the famous Dream Valley explorer!" reaching out from behind the counter, she shook the famous mare's hoof. "This is such an honor, I've always wanted to meet you!"

"Really? Well, it's awfully nice to meet a fan!" The adventuring mare replied humbly, smiling. "And it's always a pleasure to meet a friend of Mimic's!"

"Heya North, good to see you." The council mare nodded, greeting the Pegasus. "So, what brings you back to the Castle?"

"Blimey, you simply wouldn't believe what I found on my latest outing!" The Mare sat down at the counter beside Mimic, as Fizzy drew her a cherry soda from the fountain. "I was digging around in the old Baltimare catacombs beneath Hoofkaido, and found a most rare and interesting treasure."

The mare reached into her saddlebag with her wing, and pulled out a crystal brazier, with a horse-headed cork on the table. Inside, a golden liquid seemed to churn and bubble, as if responding to the emotions of the ponies around it.

"Ohhhhh, shiny!" Fizzy exclaimed, looking over the glowing vial. "What is this stuff, North Star?"

"It's called the tears of the alicorn, and it's a very rare and valuable magic potion." North Star replied, in her prim and proper British accent. "No one really knows if they are really tears the legendary Celestia or Luna cried for some reason before they perished, but it is said it's magic can bring to the surface what lies underneath in a pony."

"Wow, that sounds very cryptic." Fizzy said in awe, scooping up that chocolate for North Star and serving it. "But why bring it back here to Dream Valley? Shouldn't this stuff go to the royal Paradise?"

"Queen Majesty has ordered me to deliver the potion to Zigzag, our castle's resident potion zebra, so she can study it." The Pegasus replied, quickly downing her ice cream. "But I really wish I could get back to my exploring of the Catacombs, I can't wait to see what I'll find next!"

"Why don't you just head back to your adventures, North Star." Mimic replied, realizing what the mare was hinting at. "Don't worry, well make sure that the potion gets to Zigzag for you."

"Would you? Oh thank you, ladies!" The mare hugged them both, before quickly finishing her ice cream and flying out the door. "Just make sure you don't open that bottle!"

After the mare was gone, the two other ponies stared at the brazier sitting on the counter in wonder.

"What-what do you think this stuff does?" Fizzy asked in wonder, drawing closer to the potion.

"I really have no idea, Fizzy." Mimic replied, looking up at the other unicorn, and narrowing her eyes. "And we're not going to find out, do you understand?"

"Yeah, yeah, I get ya." The ditzy pony sighed, turning away from the potion. "After everything I've been through, I don't wanna mess things up even more."

The two continued to talk, and the rest of the day passed until closing time approached. After all the other pony customers had gone, Mimic was helping Fiizzy put everything away, so the two could leave earlier.

"Hey Mimic," Fizzy asked, her ears perking up. "Did you hear that?"

Suddenly, the two mares caught the sound of something rustling in the bushes outside. Frightened, the two mares huddled together, looking around frantically.

"Who is it?" Fizzy asked, her eyes going wide. "Who's there?!?"

"Show yourself!" Mimic cried out, as her and Fizzy's horns glowed defensively. "Come out, or we'll zap you!"

There was silence, at first... then a strange creature began to slowly emerge from the bushes. Tall, bipedal, and clad in a brown tunic and Breeches. Although she had never seen one, Fizzy recognized the creature from her childhood storybooks.

"A human..." The mare exclaimed in surprise. "Mimic, look, it's a human!"

It was a teenager- male, from his scent- and he seemed frightened out of his wits. Taking a careful step forward, Mimic trotted right up to the Terrified creature.

"Hello, young man. What's your name?" The councilmare asked him, extending a hoof to the wild eyed youth. "And what are you doing so far from the human lands?":

The turquoise-haired young man stared down at her hoof for a second, before falling to his knees and pleading to the two mares.

"My mane is Tossels, my lady, and I really need your help!" He pleaded, putting his trembling hands on her hooves. "Please, please don't let them take me back, or they'll kill me!"